“Check about Construction Workers!!!!!”

Suburban Extended Stay Airport
Ranked #31 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Springfield, Ohio
“Check about Construction Workers!!!!!”
Reviewed 31 May 2011

the room was acceptable, although not spotless. only one ice machine located on 1st floor. The mattresses are one of the worst i have honestly slept on and the pillow was like a sack of laundry, no support or even shape to it. Worst yet, there is apparently extensive construction projects in the area and this is the hotel most of them stay i'm guessing. One my first night of what was supposed to be a 5 night stay i came back from dinner around 10pm to find a LARGE group (20-30) of workers standing in the middle of the parking lot staring as i drove by, i turned the corner to find another one urinating in the parking lot. finally get to my room and realize they are pool side having a party, music, laughter, etc. No biggie, its only 10pm i thought....at 3 am they finally went inside...and continued the party in what seemed to be the entire hotel..people outside my door, in the rooms beside and above me...I did not sleep that night. When the misses spoke with the front desk (keep in mind the front desk is unmanned after 11pm so we either had to suck it up or call the cops), she told the manager we were leaving and requested a refund of the last night stay. Which the manager did do (thank you) however, while she was packing the luggage (i was in classes) the maid came in the room unannounced and asked why she was still here. She finished packing, took two of the three suitcases to the car only to find out our key card was deactivated! so she had to walk around the entire hotel to the front to get back in our room!

i am not a picky traveler however i do want comfort and safety, i did not feel either here. although kudos to the manager for refunding our money.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else?
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank cheaton58

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 11 April 2011

OMG this hotel is clean, safe, no smoke smell, no furniture stains, no drive by cops, better area, security, a uniformed & nice attendant simple yet effective kitchenette, big pretty bathroom but small closet. Like new fridge reall freezer. LOVE it! Its perfect to be in a new 3yr old hotel. I thought my boss was about to put me in another dump, I got so pleasant surprised I cried. Its scary being on the road not knowing what you'll get when the area is sold out due to an air show and tennis tournaments. So happy!

• Stayed April 2011
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 March 2011

The kitchen adds so much to your stay. I liked being able to brewing a cup of tea whenever I wanted or making a sandwich without going to a fastfood restaurant .

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Williamston, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 October 2010

We were in town to see a concert at the North Charleston Coliseum and wanted to stay near the Coliseum and downtown, but not too close. I am rather picky about the cleanliness of my rooms, and I also knew that we would be coming in late at night and wanted to be safe upon our return. Suburban Extended Stay fit the bill perfectly. It was in a very convenient location-just off the highway but in a very quiet area. The parking lot was well lit, and the lobby area required a guest key to enter after 11 PM. We felt very safe. The room was very clean and still had that "new" smell. A welcome surprise after having stayed in supposed non-smoking rooms before, only to smell smoke upon opening the door. When a family member has asthma, it becomes very important to have a dedicated non-smoking room. It was also a welcome surprise to have a full bathroom. The room was comfortable and pleasing to look at. Although we only stayed two nights, we could have been comfortable for much longer. Our stay was exactly what we'd hoped for: clean, quiet, relaxing, and hassle free. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable room and don't mind the ten to fifteen minute drive to downtown and the beaches, this is the place for you. I would recommend it to anyone. We will be back.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Sayre, PA
Reviewed 29 April 2010

We have stayed at many Extended Stays and this was by far the best. The staff were friendly, there was a computer for public use, and it wasn't that far from downtown Charleston. Our rooms were very adequate and the bed was comfortable enough for a good nights sleep. One thing I liked was the temperature control- quiet and came on only as needed. Enjoyed the visit and would come back again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Fort Mill, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 February 2010

The front desk was great, The room was well equipped, everything worked and was very clean. The room was actually larger than I expected for the price. In the room there were 2 beds wth very good mattresses, about a 32 inch tube tv with cable and there was supposed to be HBO but I did not watch much tv, a 2 burner range, bar sink, decent sized microwave oven, full sized 2 door refridgerator/freezer, large closet, very comfortable bathroom with tub shower combo, place settings for only 2 people with 2 sharp knives. spatula, stiring spoon, serving spoon and 1 very well used frying pan. If you plan to do any real cooking bring your own pots, pans, utinsils and extra plates ect. The only issue I had was that noise seemed to carry a little too well especially from the room above where I think the first night they were having a bowling tournement. Fotionately by 10 pm the noise had subsided. The window even openned. If I were to need to be in the area again I would definately stay there again and reccomend it to a friend. This has to be one of the best deal in the Charleston area. Nearby were several restuarants, shopping mall, stip centers and a walmart. We purchased food at te walmart and cooked breakfast and supper in the room and ate lucnh out while we were doing the tourist thing. This was a great budget stretcher not to mention no lines for breakfast.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 November 2009

I found SES to be clean, simple but nice, and affordable. Check-in staff was very nice and helpful. I had a room w/2 double beds, but was only provided dishes & silverware for 2 when there could be 4 people in the room. Ditto for the towels in the bathroom. Since I'd indicated that there could be 2 in the room, that could be the reason. If you plan to do any real cooking (not just one pan hamburger helper type meals), you will need to make out your menu and figure out what cookware to bring. There is one deep skillet, no pots or collander or toaster. There is a 2 burner stove, 4 cup drip coffee maker (no basket filters) and a microwave. No dishwasher or drain board. They did provide a scrubber, kitchen towel, and a small bottle of dishsoap. Overall, i was pleased, but I'd stayed at similar type places in the past and knew to bring my pots.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo