“Extremely pleased with all aspects of our stay! Will stay there again.”

Suburban Extended Stay Airport
Ranked #31 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed 17 October 2010

We were in town to see a concert at the North Charleston Coliseum and wanted to stay near the Coliseum and downtown, but not too close. I am rather picky about the cleanliness of my rooms, and I also knew that we would be coming in late at night and wanted to be safe upon our return. Suburban Extended Stay fit the bill perfectly. It was in a very convenient location-just off the highway but in a very quiet area. The parking lot was well lit, and the lobby area required a guest key to enter after 11 PM. We felt very safe. The room was very clean and still had that "new" smell. A welcome surprise after having stayed in supposed non-smoking rooms before, only to smell smoke upon opening the door. When a family member has asthma, it becomes very important to have a dedicated non-smoking room. It was also a welcome surprise to have a full bathroom. The room was comfortable and pleasing to look at. Although we only stayed two nights, we could have been comfortable for much longer. Our stay was exactly what we'd hoped for: clean, quiet, relaxing, and hassle free. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable room and don't mind the ten to fifteen minute drive to downtown and the beaches, this is the place for you. I would recommend it to anyone. We will be back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 April 2010

We have stayed at many Extended Stays and this was by far the best. The staff were friendly, there was a computer for public use, and it wasn't that far from downtown Charleston. Our rooms were very adequate and the bed was comfortable enough for a good nights sleep. One thing I liked was the temperature control- quiet and came on only as needed. Enjoyed the visit and would come back again.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2010

The front desk was great, The room was well equipped, everything worked and was very clean. The room was actually larger than I expected for the price. In the room there were 2 beds wth very good mattresses, about a 32 inch tube tv with cable and there was supposed to be HBO but I did not watch much tv, a 2 burner range, bar sink, decent sized microwave oven, full sized 2 door refridgerator/freezer, large closet, very comfortable bathroom with tub shower combo, place settings for only 2 people with 2 sharp knives. spatula, stiring spoon, serving spoon and 1 very well used frying pan. If you plan to do any real cooking bring your own pots, pans, utinsils and extra plates ect. The only issue I had was that noise seemed to carry a little too well especially from the room above where I think the first night they were having a bowling tournement. Fotionately by 10 pm the noise had subsided. The window even openned. If I were to need to be in the area again I would definately stay there again and reccomend it to a friend. This has to be one of the best deal in the Charleston area. Nearby were several restuarants, shopping mall, stip centers and a walmart. We purchased food at te walmart and cooked breakfast and supper in the room and ate lucnh out while we were doing the tourist thing. This was a great budget stretcher not to mention no lines for breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2009

I found SES to be clean, simple but nice, and affordable. Check-in staff was very nice and helpful. I had a room w/2 double beds, but was only provided dishes & silverware for 2 when there could be 4 people in the room. Ditto for the towels in the bathroom. Since I'd indicated that there could be 2 in the room, that could be the reason. If you plan to do any real cooking (not just one pan hamburger helper type meals), you will need to make out your menu and figure out what cookware to bring. There is one deep skillet, no pots or collander or toaster. There is a 2 burner stove, 4 cup drip coffee maker (no basket filters) and a microwave. No dishwasher or drain board. They did provide a scrubber, kitchen towel, and a small bottle of dishsoap. Overall, i was pleased, but I'd stayed at similar type places in the past and knew to bring my pots.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 October 2009

This hotel is fairly new and it shows. The desk clerk was very accommodating and even gave me an extra discount on pricing. At the time it was the best price in town. Rooms are clean and bathroom is good size.

Stayed in double-bed room. Beds were comfortable, but the pillows were the flattest I have ever experienced in any hotel - even the very cheap ones! Kitchen has adequate accommodation if you want to cook like I did the entire weekend.

Located right next door to The Home Depot, but very convenient to Mall and anything you have a taste for as it references food.

Would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 October 2009

I have learned a couple things recently. If I really need internet service, I will not depend on wireless only. I've stayed at two hotels recently that had wired outlets in the room, and it was great. The Suburban actually had excellent wireless signal, but the wired connection was there, too. Like I wrote the last time, the hotel is very secure, at night you have to have a room key to get into any door except the lobby door. The parking lot is spacious, free and well lit. The rooms are spacious, clean, well appointed. There is a fully equipped kitchen, kitchen table, and nice bed. The bathroom is nice. There is a pool as well. You can look at the photos that I posted from my last stay if you'd like to see some room pics. Overall, nice hotel, I would recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2009

I initially was supposed to stay at another hotel but apparently my reservation wasn't received so we ended up staying at the Suburban Extended Suites. This hotel was very clean and had everything we needed. The staff was nice. I highly recommend staying here.It was convenient as well as affordable.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family