“Enjoyed our stay”

North Charleston Inn
Ranked #44 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Great location, affordable and easy to find. Proximity to the Convention Center was great. The front desk staff were very helpful and very friendly. The helped recommend restaurants to go to and we were not disappointed. Thanks to Ann for the tip on the BBQ place ;-)
The room was comfortable, the beds were great.... the breakfast was more than adequate....overall we had a wonderful experience. This was our first time to Charleston and we would certainly stay at the North Charleston Inn again. Thanks for making our stay in the south a memorable one!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
NCIGM, General Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the hotel. Ann, as well as a lot of people around here have grown fond of the BBQ restaurant. I am glad to hear that my team has gone above and beyond to make your first trip to Charleston a memorable one

Please come and see us again next time you are in the area

Regards

Reviewed 29 September 2011

Affordable place during the off season, especially with the continental breakfast. Keya at the front desk was especially helpful. She remembered our names, why we were in the area and helped us get settled quickly and efficiently. I can't remember the last time I had a front desk attendant actually so attendant.

It's right near 26 with very quick access to 26 East straight to Charleston. As mentioned in some other reviews, there were a couple of cockroaches, but no harm done at all.

Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends

thank you for staying with us here at the North Charleston Inn. We understand that there are numerous choice in the area, and the fact that you chose us means a lot. Thank you in addition for the kind words about the hotel and for Keyatah.

We look forward to seeing you in the future on your next trip to Charleston

Regards

Reviewed 26 September 2011

We chose this hotel because we had Priority Club award points to spend. We planned to stay two nights but after having 2 rather large roaches visit we gave up our second free night and switched to an inn in downtown Charleston. The bed was comfortable but the linens were old. The staff we encountered were all very nice and customer-service oriented. Our room faced the parking lot and was on the ground floor. So it was convenient to unload the car as it was right outside the door, but at 7 am, before I planned to be awake, the guest next door started his diesel truck and left it running for what seemed 30 minutes. The breakfast could have used a few improvements. The selection consisted of white or wheat bread, bagels, mini-cinnamon rolls, 3 cereals, instant oatmeal and grits, and waffles (lots of startches) plus OJ, AJ, milk and coffee. Some fresh fruit and peanut butter would have been welcome.

Room Tip: Don't get one on the ground floor facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
NCIGM, General Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

Dear KGray1210,

Thank you for staying wih us here at the North Charleston Inn. I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues that you had encountered, The noisy engine would have irritated me as well, and the Palmetto Bug, we are calling our nationally recognized pest control company to come out and treat teh hotel again. There should have been fresh fruit (apples oranges and bananas) on top of the pastries cabinet, and the peanut butter is a good idea for a protien component which we are going to add now that this has been brought to our attention.

My team works hard to make sure that all of our guests are happy, so I am happy to hear that ou enjoed their service as well as the beds.

I ask that you give us another try next time your travels bring you through the Charleston area. Thank you again for taking the time to offer us your comments and suggestions

Reviewed 24 September 2011

My daughter and I stayed on 9/9 & 9/10 and let me say that I was very impressed by the cleaniness, the outstanding customer service (thanks Ms. Ann and Keyatah) so glad I got to meet you famous women, and the location of the hotel was perfect. I was so impressed that I have already booked a room for November when we will be returning for the Miss SC USA Pageant which I might add is located just around the corner from the hotel. Thank you all for providing such a wonderful hotel without breaking my pocketbook. You are a gem!

Room Tip: We really liked room 101 because it was right next to the lobby area where the breakfast is served a...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
NCIGM, General Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2011

Thank you for staying with us here at the North Charleston Inn. There are many choices in the area and we are glad that you chose us. Your review will make it on our "Wall of Fame!!!" Keyatah, and Ann will be excited to hear that they have been acknowledged in this public forum. Here at the hotel they will be rewarded for their continued efforts on ensuring our guests satisfaction

Thank you again for staying, your kind words, and we look forward to your return in November.

Reviewed 20 September 2011

My sister booked this hotel for us over the internet. The location could not have been beter. It is right off the interstate making it perfect to get off and then to get back on to go into Charleston. The wonderful lady, Ann at the check-in counter was so nice. She really made us feel very welcomed. She was very sweet to my niece, my sister and myself.
The room was very clean, both my sister and I are picky and we did check the room out top to bottom for bugs and dirt. Housekeeping was great. You are close to the airport and the interstate but neither bothered us. There is a Starbucks just up the road, as well as a walmart, panera bread, Tanger outlet mall, several other resturants, and gas stations. Also a McDonalds just next door.
Again thank you Ann for making our trip a great one. We will be back!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
NCIGM, General Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2011

Thank you for staying with us here at the North Charleston Inn. We strive to ensure that all of our guests are well looked after and it is good to hear that we have exceeded your expectations. I have passed your kind words on to Ann who really appreciates the public praise. Here at the hotel we have acknowledged and rewarded her for her continued efforts of guest satisfaction.

Thank you again, and we look forward to you returning in the future

Reviewed 19 September 2011

the greast place in charleston, especialy for the exelente service in the fron desk for Ann

Room Tip: in front the pool
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2011

The first thing I want to say is awesome staff. Ann was who registered and checked us out. She was awesome, friendly and helpful. My little girl loves her. All the staff seemed nice. They also had a great cont breakfast The rooms were clean and comfy and the the hotel was right by the interstate. It was perfect for us.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
NCIGM, General Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

I would like to thank you for staying with us here at the North Charleston Inn while your travels brought you to the Charleston area. In addition thank you for your kind words about Ann, she is wonderful with all of the guests and it comes so naturally to her. Your review is going to go on our wall of fame and Ann will be rewarded and recognized for her additional efforts.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return in the future