“Well worth the overnight stay”

North Charleston Inn
Ranked #41 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Columbia
“Well worth the overnight stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I arrived in town expecting to stay overnight at another hotel sponsored by the VA hospital; once my appointment was completed and I did not have to stay, I no longer had accommodations. I left there and went to the North Charleston Inn, asked the price for an overnight stay and found it to be very reasonable. I quickly accepted the room without seeing it (not my norm). I went to dinner with a friend and upon my return to the Inn, I was pleasantly surprised at how well kept the accommodations were. I have been known to reject accommodations due to uncleanliness, material condition of the room, or the room's location. I had none of those issues. I had an enjoyable, quiet night of rest which I needed desperately after driving over 100 miles through the "winter east coast storm". I was not concerned about bed bugs, nor was I concerned that I needed to disinfect the toilet seat. I recommend the Inn to anyone wanting to find accommodations that are reasonably priced and well maintained.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

NCIGM, General Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank-you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide clean comfortable rooms at a reasonable price. I am glad you had a restful stay which seems like it was needed after driving through a snow storm. We are glad to hear you returned home safely and look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

The rooms are infested with roaches The rooms smelled really bad I had to go to wWal-Mart to buy roach spray and renuzit super odor neutralized to take out that awful odor that were in the rooms. Its bad enough when I gotthe rooms it was supposed to be non smoking but the clerk sscrewed up and gave my rooms away and gave me rooms for smoking people omg I can't describe how awful I felt to have to stay here its amazing what you have to do to keep your children warm yes at least the place had heat as for so did my car and that's were I had to stay in order to get some sleep if my power is not restored than ill rather sleep in the cold than to spend another nite getting bitten by only God knows and killing roaches.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Lisabennettj
Thank-you for taking the time to review our hotel. The comments you have submitted are not at all indicative of the accommodations we strive to provide. We wish you had brought the issues you experienced to our attention during your stay. We would have been more than happy to move you to another room. We have called our professional pest control company to address the concerns with the sightings in your room. I am very disappointed to learn of your experience and can only hope that you give us another chance to change the opinion of us that you have formed. The staff here prides itself on being able to each and every guest as comfortable as possible and we are saddened to read your review. We hope to have be able to host you again for leisure purposes and not due to such a stressful chain of events.
Waterloo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

We asked for a non smoking room but when we went in, we could smell smoke. Staff changed the room for us immediately so that was good. Overall, it's good value though seeing the 6 cockroaches was not a pleasant experience. We would like more nutritious breakfast with whole wheat bread and more fruits offered.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Dorothy T
Thank-you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that we were able to switch your room promptly for a room more to your liking, We do have whole wheat bread available for toast, oat bran bagels, bananas and oranges on our continental breakfast buffet along with our other assortment of Danishes, muffins, waffles, oatmeal, and grits. We will look into some additional fruit items for the buffet. We apologize for the pest issue that you experienced in your room. The issue was reported to our professional pest company and the room has been serviced.
Raleigh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Staff friendliness and responsiveness is important, but I can't recommend North Charleston Inn. I felt very uncomfortable with the cleanliness issue. I also have an aversion to bugs crawling up the wall. I won't ever stay there again, but I hope my review helps you to improve so others will. After my experience with the roomS, I was unwilling to experience breakfast there.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Pam E
Thank-you for taking the time to review out hotel. We apologize that you experienced a pest issue during your stay. We have a professional pest control company that was immediately notified of the issue in your room and the problem has been resolved. We take your feedback seriously and have and will continue to take corrective actions.
Charleston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

I can't get over the roaches in the room. They were everywhere and when I tried to contact the front desk there was no answer. Way to expensive for the quality. I will not stay here again nor will I recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Jessica M
NCIGM, Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank-you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize that you experience some pest issues in your room. We have a professional pest service that has come out to service the rooms. We take your comments very seriously and have addressed the issue.
Miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

clean room, alot of space and very clean. continental breakfast is decent better than other hotels nice outdoor pool too bad it was winter front desk very helpful would come back there again if needed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

NCIGM, General Manager at North Charleston Inn, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Thank-you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I am glad you found your room to be comfortable and clean. The staff works diligently to ensure all of our guests feel at home. Our large pool is a favorite among our guests and it will be open late March or early April if the weather cooperates. We hope you have a chance to return during the warmer months to enjoy some rest and relaxation poolside!
Palm Bay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Good hotel for the money, value much better than similar type hotel competitors. Also very good prices for contractors. I would reccommend to anyone who is traveling for business to consider the North Charleston inn.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank-you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. I am glad to here that you had a great stay with us and found all of our amenities to your liking. We do offer great rates for leisure travelers and contractors alike. We hope to see you again in the very near future!