“If you don't want to spend a lot of money, this is the place to stay.”

Econo Lodge Coliseum
Ranked #27 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Anderson, South Carolina
“If you don't want to spend a lot of money, this is the place to stay.”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

A friend and I were on an overnight trip to Charleston. We needed a clean room that wasn't too expensive. If my wife had been along, I probably would have paid more than twice as much to stay in Charleston. Each of us pre-booked a room about a week and a half before our trip. I prepaid for my room, a non-smoking king size bed, through my choice rewards account. The cost including taxes was just under $56. My friend who did not prepay was charged about five dollars more.

Both rooms had been recently remodeled and were spotless. The room included a refrigerator and a microwave. The staff made us feel welcome when we checked in and when we left. I didn't notice any noise during the night and "slept like a baby." I highly recommend the Econo Lodge North Charleston.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ken H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Leesburg, Florida
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We needed 2 nights in Charleston for a reunion. I grew up here and was surprised how expensive it has gotten for all types of accommodation. I reserved this Econo Lodge for the price alone and was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The sign read "newly renovated" and it was - new fixtures, TVs and tile - very clean and comfortable. Good continental breakfast with a lot of selections. Good location to shopping, dining and airport. We were very satisfied and would return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2014

If you have a later than typical check-in time (11PM>), you may want to notify the staff. We arrived around 11:30PM to no staff members at the front. After a quick call, a friendly man arrived at the front to check my wife and I in quickly.

The hotel is very affordable, in a great location for a quick overnight stop and the new renovations give you a sense of comfort. If you are budget-conscious or need a place to sleep after a long drive, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Omar A
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 May 2014

What a great experience! We were looking for a hotel in Charleston that was convenient to downtown that wouldn't cost us our first born. The owners are wonderful people, and although we were missing a couple of little necessities from our room (a microwave and coffee maker) we didn't mind at all. The office had was literally a couple of doors away and had fresh coffee available 24/7. We were also able to access the microwave in the guest room. (We were told these were on order and not yet available in every room. I'm sure if we had insisted they would have been switched to another room). Rooms are freshly painted and carpeted, and the furniture looked brand new. Literally everything worked, we even had an extra towel or two. The location was great; just off of I-26 with plenty of restaurants nearby. Several restaurants, including a Waffle House just next door, are within walking distance. Although we didn't go there the Tanger Outlets are less than a mile away. The ride into downtown Charleston literally took 15 minutes during off-peak hours. If you're looking for a swanky room, you'd probably be disappointed, but for the money this place is a good choice. Pay no attention to reviews from a year or so ago, I can assure you a lot has changed.

Room Tip: IIf you're a light sleeper, ask for a room in the back of the hotel. The highway noise is a tad...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sh00bie
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The carpet & furniture looked brand new. The receptionist was very nice & chatty. Our stay was short but nice. The bed was comfy, it would have been nice to have coffee in room but everything else was nice. It is conveniently located, there is a Waffle House in front and McDonald's across the street. It's a great value for a quick stop over.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa G
NC
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This hotel is great. It's not perfect and definitely not fancy, but for the price I was very satisfied. It's very close to the Coliseum which is where we were headed. There are also tons of restaurants nearby. There is a huge shopping center with a Walmart less than two miles away. It's fairly noisy with a highway and airport and several other hotels nearby, but I put the room heating and air unit on "constant fan" which helped a lot. The only negative was that the bed wasn't very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ncteacher75
East Tennessee
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This hotel was such a surprise!!! I had never stayed at an Econolodge before, never even inquired about one. My friend and I were planning a trip to Charleston and looking for accomodations, we found a "fancier" hotel with reasonable rates and I almost booked it until I read the reviews, which were horrible. On the same website that had those reviews, I found reviews for this Econolodge, and we decided to try it!! We were not dissapointed! The room was very clean, it had everything we needed! This hotel is less than 10 minutes from downtown Charleston, near lots of food and an outlet mall! I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends