“The Best Econo Lodge we have stayed in.”

Econo Lodge Coliseum
Ranked #26 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This facility has been refurbished, basically a new room, the bathroom had been completely redone. New rugs in the room. The room was very clean. The management team here takes great pride in how they keep their facility. They could not do enough for us. We stayed 2 days and will definitely stay here again. The breakfast is the standard cold one for Econolodge and was enough for us. The bed was excellent

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tom b

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stopped in again at this hotel for a quick one night stay....... got a 2 bed room.... 2 nice queens.... VERY comfy beds....this room was just as the last room.... basically brand new everything..... carpets, paint bathroom, everything remodeled and clean as an operating room.....A/C unit will freeze you out.... water pressure excellent.... towels average.... toilet and bathroom spotless and like new.... man they have got this place in great shape....and restaurants close by.... Tanger Mall close by.... airport just minutes away.... right off I-26...... quiet sleeping..... no loud folks running around.....basic but top notch clean and new.... if you need a CLEAN room look no further.... this place is easily the finest Econo Lodge I have ever stepped in

Room Tip: top floor room was quiet and we had a good nights sleep
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank FBPete
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I didn't want to spend a ton of money knowing we wouldn't be in Charleston or a room very long.I was so impressed with how clean the room was. The bath tub literately sparkled! We were in town for a dance competition and just needed a place to sleep. This hotel was so clean and we had plenty of room to prepare for a busy day. I was so impressed traveling with all women when the manager knocked on my door to see if we were okay or needed anything. If we go back to Nationals I will definitely book here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here just one night on our way to board a cruise ship leaving Charleston. Based on the reviews we decided this would be a good place-the price was right and it was very clean! We arrived late at night so we didn't want to put a lot of money into a place to sleep. We would not hesitate to stay here again. Continental breakfast included muffins, cereal juice coffee. This was just fine for us.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EstherChardon
Reviewed 19 June 2014

A friend and I were on an overnight trip to Charleston. We needed a clean room that wasn't too expensive. If my wife had been along, I probably would have paid more than twice as much to stay in Charleston. Each of us pre-booked a room about a week and a half before our trip. I prepaid for my room, a non-smoking king size bed, through my choice rewards account. The cost including taxes was just under $56. My friend who did not prepay was charged about five dollars more.

Both rooms had been recently remodeled and were spotless. The room included a refrigerator and a microwave. The staff made us feel welcome when we checked in and when we left. I didn't notice any noise during the night and "slept like a baby." I highly recommend the Econo Lodge North Charleston.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ken H
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We needed 2 nights in Charleston for a reunion. I grew up here and was surprised how expensive it has gotten for all types of accommodation. I reserved this Econo Lodge for the price alone and was pleasantly surprised. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The sign read "newly renovated" and it was - new fixtures, TVs and tile - very clean and comfortable. Good continental breakfast with a lot of selections. Good location to shopping, dining and airport. We were very satisfied and would return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2014

If you have a later than typical check-in time (11PM>), you may want to notify the staff. We arrived around 11:30PM to no staff members at the front. After a quick call, a friendly man arrived at the front to check my wife and I in quickly.

The hotel is very affordable, in a great location for a quick overnight stop and the new renovations give you a sense of comfort. If you are budget-conscious or need a place to sleep after a long drive, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple