“Satisfied with my stay”

Residence Inn Charleston Airport
Ranked #23 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed 20 February 2008

Based on the reviews on this site I decided to stay here for a long weekend. The hotel was very conviently located to the major highways here. We decided to stay here instead of in the historical area so we could bring our dog. We felt the $100 pet cleaning fee to be pretty steep. Other than that, we were very happy with our stay. The rooms were nice and the staff very friendly. The breakfast could be of slightly higher quality in terms of flavor, but that is a very minor complaint.

Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank 9,653
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Charleston Airport

Reviewed 5 December 2007

I went on a trip with my spouse, at check in the price of the room was changed to a higher rate than posted. The room had an odor to it, so did the next room so we took the first room. Later upon checking in we found out the room had a stain on the floor, and curtains. No other rooms were left at this time, they sent someone the next day to spot steam clean carpet, and remove and clean curtains. Upon request for towels they sent up dirty towels that smelled. They towed our car, after calling and me telling them I was on my way. Upon other things, so at check out they gave us a free night, since it was not worth the trip back we asked to turn in the night then. No one was on hand so we checked out. Then had to return after approval by hotel. The room they gave us next the television had fire coming from it, even after it was unplugged. We were then sent to another room. The person at check out told me to leave, but requested my husband stay. I requested to talk to a manager and so did he. One never came out, but sent a bag of items to our table. We never did get that free night, nor talked to the manager.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
1  Thank 1Customer
Reviewed 12 November 2007

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. By we, I mean 2 adults (not related) 2 teenage girls and 2 teenage boys. There was ample space and bedding to accomodate all of us with the appropriate amount of privacy. The queen size bed I slept on with my teenage daughter was one of the more comfortable beds that I have ever slept on!! The room was clean and oh so convenient to the civic center where we attended a concert. We drove 6 hours for the concert and we couldn't have been happier with our room. I will say that the coffee cups could have used another run through the dishwasher and that is the only negative thing I can say. We will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank patcosh
Reviewed 12 March 2007

Can't say enough good things about this property. It's extremely convenient to the North Charleston Convention Center/Coliseum. You can even walk to the Convention Center or Coliseum and save that parking fee. Manager's reception Mon-Thurs. was delicious and menu varied each night. Wonderful HOT breakfast each morning with scrambled eggs, waffles, oatmeal, fruit, sausage, breads, juices, etc., etc. Very conveneint to brand new Tanger Outlet center and countless restaurants/businesses/Wal-Mart. The room was very clean and well-appointed. Full kitchen is a plus if you're there for several days. Very helpful front-desk personnel. One night I overcooked my microwave popcorn and set off the smoke detector. The front desk called within seconds to check on me. Beds were SO comfy with lots of pillows. My unit had 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa, 2 TVs and roomy bathroom. Vanity was outside the bathroom so someone can shower while someone else shaves, etc.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank noogatraveler
Reviewed 9 June 2006

I can't say enough good things about this property! It is located perfectly for any destination in the Charleston area, although you will need a car. (Easy and fast commute into downtown and we had no problem finding parking.) The exterior is attractively done to give it a Charleston feel with alternating colors resembling row houses. The lobby is attractive. The staff is SUPERIOR in terms of friendliness and professionalism. It has a fantastic pool and hot tub with lovely wooden outdoor furniture and a barbeque for grilling. It even has a basketball court - which we'd never seen before. The rooms are spacious and attractive with a 'full kitchen" (minus an oven), iron and board, hairdryer, 2 TV's, desk, dining table, etc. The bed was very comfortable and the room very clean. The towels were soft and large. The shower had lots of pressure. The complimentary breakfast buffet is the best we've ever seen, with something for everyone. They even have a little grocery store by the front desk if you need something. The only negatives were it was a bit of a walk from the elevator to our room and we sometimes got lost; the door to the bathroom was a little tight against the toilet; and the bed was too close to the sink to use the large overhead light if someone was sleeping. But really, I'm nitpicking here! Unless you are looking for an historic inn "experience" downtown, you won't find a better deal in the Charleston area. We paid $99 a night through Orbitz.

***While in Charleston, be sure to do the Ft. Sumter boat tour from Patriots Point in Mt. Pleasant. You get a closeup view of the USS Yorktown and other vessels (and can take tours of those, if you like), you get a great and relaxing boat ride while viewing the beautiful new bridge and downtown Charleston from the harbor and a hear a very interesting history lesson from the excellent park rangers to boot. Best $14 you'll ever spend!***

Stayed: June 2006
8  Thank choosevegan
Reviewed 31 March 2006

Very nice Residence Inn. Our room was clean. Paul at the front desk was wonderful.

3  Thank chevytravel
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 December 2005

I recently stayed at this hotel for a 7 week work project and I offer nothing but praises for this beautiful facility.

I had a suite with 2 queen beds. The room was spacious and extremely clean! They had high speed internet which was a plus since I was on a business trip.

They have a small yet effective workout facility.

The staff was friendly and extremely helpful!

Lastly, they have a happy hour about 3-4 nights a week. Really good food so you don't have to go out if you are tired. They have a wonderful diverse (changes daily) breakfast as well.

I will definitely stay here again when I'm working in this area of chareleston!

• Stayed: November 2005, travelled on business