“Fabulous stay!”

Ranked #21 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Hickory, North Carolina
“Fabulous stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

Stayed Tues-Thurs here with my kids while doing some Civil War sight-seeing. I knew when I booked it that they had a free hot breakfast, which was great. But I discovered when I checked in that the nightly "reception" included a FULL DINNER, including drinks (tea, soda, coffee, wine and beer). This is only offered on weeknights apparently. We only ate the dinner there one night but it was more than sufficient: barbeque, salad, potato salad, french fries, and chocolate cake.

Our studio king was great. We love staying at Residence Inns, and this one ranks up there as one of the best.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Erin W, Sales Manager at Residence Inn Charleston Airport, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
We’re so glad you and your children enjoyed your trip to the Lowcountry. Thank you for your positive feedback, I’ll be sure to pass it along to the rest of the team! We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

Staying at this hotel for a concert. The room was very nice. The staff were pleasant. The only two things that just really erk me is that ..... alarm clock in our room and the wake up call for 630 am. We had a late night so we called the front desk for a 6:30 am wakeup call. Fine. Done deal. 5am tht blasted alarm clock goes off. Try to figure how to shut the damn thing off. Done. Start dosing off again only to be awoken to our wakeup call at 5;08 am!!!!! REALLY PEOPLE??????????!!!!!!!!!!! Come on, Get it together!!! To the General Manager, do your homework and please make sure your cleaning staff add check alarm clocks on their to do lists. As far as the front desk, pay attention!!!!! Again common sence here. Wipe out the old wakeup calls from the night before. We were not the only ones awaken at the wrong time.It's to bad. We will never stay here again. There are way to many nice hotels in this are. Get it together..............oh by the way, we were there October 12, 2013 room 143,

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. Our goal is to always exceed your expectations throughout your stay - so please know we are sorry we did not make all aspects of your visit with us enjoyable. I’m not a fan of being woken up early, especially at 5:08 am, so I completely understand how annoying that could be and I wish we had handle that better for you. I have passed along your comments to our entire staff to ensure this issue is fixed in the future.
Amarillo, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Over the years I have stayed in many hotels. Every once in a while you run into things that can be challenging alone, but when several happen at the same time it can be very frustrating. I would first like to say the staff at the hotel was very friendly and really worked to try and make the stay better, but there were to many problems. The hotel is also located very close to the airport and an easy trip. However, there are two Residence Inns that provide shuttle service and the board at the airport is confusing.
The issues began when we checked in and got to the room. I had reserved a 1-bedroom king room. We were given a double queen. When I inquired they told me it was probably an upgrade since I was a Marriott Platinum and I reserved a studio King. I checked and the room reserved was indeed a 1-bedroom King so they said they would move me to the 2 bedroom with a king and 2 queens. However, the room was 3 queens. I said just a 1 bedroom king would be sufficient so they changed me again. However, this time the room had not even been made up and had trash and an unmade bed. We finally were placed back in the 2 bedroom for the evening.
Other things that occurred were that the keys had to be rekeyed 3 times, the coffee maker was soured and made the coffee taste that way. One of the TV remotes didn't work, the floors were dirty. The reception and breakfast were okay, but lacking compared to other Residence Inns.
We were supposed to stay at this location again prior to departing from Charleston, but I cancelled the reservation as soon as we checked out. We had had enough bad experience for one trip.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Wheeling, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed two nights and the room was very clean. The breakfast was one of best I've ever seen with real hot grits..... Although it is not located near the tourist area of downtown, it only took us 15 min. By car to get into the city. We even took a day trip to Kiawah Island, this took us about 35 min. and it was very enjoyable. If you don't want to pay the overpriced rooms in downtown Charleston then I recommend this property.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Macungie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Spent six nights at this Residence Inn traveling with my wife, two daughters and my 1-1/2 year old grandson. We stayed in a two bedroom, two bathroom suite which was very spacious. The full kitchen is a plus when traveling with a toddler. The rooms were all in immaculate shape. Upon check-in and going to our room, I noticed that the pack and play that I had ordered online was not in the room. I went to the front desk and it was delivered in 10 minutes. I have to say that the staff at this hotel were very friendly and helpful.

As if the price of the room wasn't a bargain already when compared to downtown Charleston hotels, the great breakfasts and evening receptions seal the deal. Breakfasts offered scrambled eggs, sausage or Canadian bacon, potatoes, breakfast sandwiches, waffles, French toast, oatmeal, fruit, cereal, muffins, bagels, etc., and changed daily. The evening reception offered a good salad each night and changed from chicken and waffles, hamburgers and French fries, tuna hoagies, and, chicken Alfredo and garlic bread during our stay. The evening reception even included beer and wine. I can't say enough about how good the staff were that worked the breakfasts and evening reception.

As for location, the hotel worked out great for the places we wanted to visit - downtown Charleston, the Isle of Palms beach, Middleton Place, Mt. Pleasant, Cypress Gardens, and downtown Savannah for a day. The hotel is a real short drive to Tanger Outlets.

I will stay here again when visiting the Charleston area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

The staff at front desk makes you feel welcomed each time you arrive back at the hotel. They are quick to offer suggestions on restaurants and respond quickly to any other room related requests (more towels, late checkout, etc). Breakfast changes daily which was a nice touch...some examples of what we ate: french toast, eggs, turkey bacon, waffles, home fried potatoes. Really delicious especially considering it's included in price of room. Ladies that run breakfast are fast, efficient, and kind. Shoutout to them. The room is spacious but the bed in the bedroom is kind of tight ...not much room to walk around the bed when you're getting in or not but it's a minor complaint.

Cons: pool and hot tub (especially hot tub) are outdated and seemed dirty! Hot tub was literally a dark green/brown color. Gross! Housekeeping needs to keep more shampoo, toilet paper, and towels in the room. We ran out of all 3! Bed linens are very nice however the fitted sheet slides off the mattress which makes for an annoying night's sleep.

Would recommend this hotel definitely.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
la verne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

This is a pretty standard Residence Inn. The people were very friendly and accommodating. I was attending a function at the Convention Center and asked if the hotel was close to it. I was told that it was "next door". TECHNICALLY they were right BUT next door include a massive parking lot. It was very hot and muggy so walking was out of the question. Luckily they have a shuttle that will take you anywhere within 5 miles. You will need a cab to go downtown or any of the great islands making up the area. Otherwise a nice place to stay near the airport.

Room Tip: inside overlooks the pool. Outside face the street but no street noise was heard.