Over the past 3 years in July we have stayed at this property. The first two times we really enjoyed our stay because of its convenient location, room size and pleasant accommodations. However, this time was definitely the worse hotel stay we have experienced!
Upon arrival, our room key did not work on the outside door. Another guest had the same issue. Thus, we had to go to another door to get into the hotel. There was bags of garbage near the elevator piled up. It was there the whole time we stayed and none of the hotel staff bothered to pick it up. We saw an employee smoking an e-cigarette while working. Our room was not cleaned well with very little hot water. Though they claim a recent renovation, they only re-carpeted. The sofa bed was extremely uncomfortable. The TV worked only on certain stations. Some outlets did not work and the ironing board pad was only half there. Towels and TP were very rough and should be upgraded.
I am a Gold member with Marriott, I always ask for a room away from the elevator and we had the room next to it.
The first night, a crowd had gathered on the floor we were staying on and started talking very loudly. This went on for 3 hours until 12:30. The group was swearing and slamming doors as they went room to room. It wasn't until after numerous calls to the front desk, when they finally did something about it.
We decided NOT to stay our second night and checked out. We got a refund for the night from the manager. It was not a pleasant stay and we will not be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Residence Inn by Marriott - Charleston Airport welcomes you to the beautiful city of Charleston. Located minutes from the Charleston Airport, Charleston Convention Center/Performing Arts Center, Boeing, Charleston Air Force Base, Naval Weapons Station, FLETC, Blackbaud, Port of Charleston, historic downtown Charleston, and many other exciting attractions. Our 150 suites offer separate living and sleeping areas, plenty of space for relaxing, entertaining or meetings and a fully equipped kitchen with refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Start your day with a complimentary breakfast in our gatehouse, and join us for our weekday evening hospitality hour. Take advantage of our outdoor pool and hot tub, fitness center, and sport court. We look forward to seeing you throughout the spring season! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Charleston Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott - Charleston Airport Hotel North Charleston
- Residence Inn North Charleston
- North Charleston Residence Inn