“Location, Clean, and friendly”

Residence Inn Charleston Airport
Ranked #21 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Location, Clean, and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2010

In Charleston on business, and while I have stayed at residence Inn's before never here, Like most Marriott's it was clean, staff was friendly and always enjoy the evening reception.

I do like to check with staff members on where a good "local" spot to eat, and while I was told about many restaurant in "downtown" Charleston I didn't want to drive the 15 or so miles to get there. Dawn the GM was very helpful during my 3 night stay and told me about a couple of restaurants in "Park Circle" there was a nice Irish bar, and a Pizza place, and place called Sesame Burger. I didn't get to the Pizza place but the other two were great.

Overall the staff was very helpful, hotel was well kept.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2010

I spend a lot of time in Charleston, traditionally staying with friends, however I need to stay in a hotel on this visit. Chose the Residence Inn because it was convient to airport and outlet mall. The staff was quite friendly and the room was extremely clean. Its not often that I stay in hotels in Charleston, but if I have to again, I WILL certainly stay at the Residence Inn Airport.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Georgetown, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2010

This hotel has to be one of, if not THE, finest hotels my wife and I have ever stayed at! We stayed here two nights last weekend prior to our cruise out of the port of Charleston. The hotel is so very clean, and the staff one of the friendliest we've ever encountered. All rooms at this hotel are suites, with the sleeping quarters separate from the living quarters. The bed was so comfortable! The best sleep we've had in months! Two different LCD, HDTV televisions allowed my wife and I to watch our favorite shows at the same time.

Each morning, we enjoyed a complimentary FULL breakfast complete with eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, waffles, grits, cereals, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, etc! VERY good!

If you're in Charleston for a concert or hockey game at the Coliseum, it's just a short walk from the hotel. Fast-food restaurants are just 1/2-mile from there too! And the airport is about a 5-minute cab ride away. The hotel's shuttle runs 24-hours a day to the airport. HOWEVER, it does not take guests to the port of Charleston. Cab fare is about $22 for up to 4 passengers to the port.

Would I stay at this hotel again? ABSOLUTELY! I highly recommend it to all.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank William T
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2010

The Residence Inn Charleston Airport is a great place to stay. The rooms are extremly clean and the front desk personel is always friendly and helpful. Especiallyl, Teresa. The breakfast buffett is an added bonus. It is your typical buffett serving coffee, juice, cold ceral, oatmeal, sausage, toast, begals and toast. If you need the shuttle from the airport, you just simply pick up the phone at baggage claim and they will come within 10-15 minutes. The shuttle service from hotel to the cruise port was outstanding. The drive wasn't that long. The return shuttle was just as prompt. My advise would be to call once you clear customs. The wait time for the shuttle from the cruise port was less than 15 minutes. This hotel is absolutly wonderful. I have stayed there twice.and will stay here every time I go to Charleston. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Dawn W, Manager at Residence Inn Charleston Airport, responded to this review, 14 December 2010
Thank you so much for your fantastic review of our hotel. We hope that next time you travel to Charleston we will be your top pick for a friendly place to stay! See you Soon!
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2010

We have been in this hotel for 4 weeks while relocating to the area. In that time, we have had 2 weeks of scalding hot water, 2 days of no hot water at all, and now we are on day 3 of the elevators, both elevators being out of service and the company that fixes them will not be back out for 3 more days.

Maybe just our luck but for the price, basic services should be a given and not a luxury. We would bot have knowingly stayed at a hotel with out an elevator with my 1 and 3 year old. While the staff is nice, and there isn't much they can do, the smile and sorry is simply not enough. A steep discount should have been offered.

The rooms are clean enough, but the hallway carpet desperatly needs to be replaced. The breakfast has been hit and miss but usually has the staple banannas and yogurt.

Over all, the price is too high for the service we have recieved

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank the3Jsmother
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2010

Convenient drive into Charleston and close to Wal-Mart & Outlets. Lobby has been renovated and is nice. Rest of hotel shows wear. Common areas are dirty and have mildew smell. Rooms also need to be updated, but beds are comfortable. One day the shower had only scalding hot water. Breakfast area is nice and they have Carbon's waffles, which is a plus.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank slk3301
New England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2010

Stayed for 2.5 weeks on business travel. Location is good - right near Walmart, Staples, numerous restuarants and a big Tanger Outlet mall. However, there have been numerous issues with my roon/experience here. I only give it a 2 out of 5 because of the numerous issues I had. The Homewood Suites across the street might be a better choice.

CONS:
1) Sugar ants all over the kitchenette. I asked to have them taken care of, but they remain strong. I used to live in Florida, so I know sugar ants are hard to control, but I'm pretty sure they did nothing at all about them.

2) Lots and lots of gross looking stains on the carpets in the hallways.

3) There is only one ice machine, located dowstairs near the checkin.

4) There were broken washing machines, and the washng area itself is wayyyy to small for the hotel. Not enough machines, especially when 2 of the 4 are broken.

5) My AC broke on day 5. Came back to a 90 degree room. The person that came to fix it seemed very unknowledgable on the system. Afyer cycling it on and off about 8 times it seemed to come on and stay on. The person merely grunted and mumbled a few words and then left.

6) My phone has not worked for the entire stay. Even after complaining multiple times. People can not call my room - they just get my voicemail right away.

7) My bedside lamp has a very loose switch. You have to wiggle it around and try several times to turn the lamp on or off.

8) Did not use the pool - but it seems really small.

9) Some of the pots/pans seem to have dried up food residue on them.

PROS

Location is good for shopping. But not so if you're going to go downtown a lot.

Stayed May 2010, travelled on business