“Great Spot, Good Service, Nice Staff”

Residence Inn Charleston Airport
Ranked #23 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Washington, DC
“Great Spot, Good Service, Nice Staff”
Reviewed 27 January 2011

Enjoyed stay immensely. Rooms were clean and large. Good breakfast and happy hour. Very helpful staff.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Jefferson, Texas
Reviewed 25 January 2011

We were staying here for a conference and pleasantly surprised at the size of our suite. The staff was very friendly and attentive when we had questions or needed anything. Having the kitchen made our stay so much more comfortable while unwinding in the evenings. The cookies at the front desk each weekday evening were really a nice treat. Thank you. The breakfast buffet was always loaded with just about everything you could want for breakfast. Their dinner buffet was also a surprise for us; we ate on the nights we could and I must say it was delicious and filling and relaxing knowing we did not have to get in the car and drive anywhere to get a bite to eat.
While we were busy during the day with our conference we didn’t have the opportunity to use any of the other facilities though they looked to be centrally located for guests use.
We will definitely recommend them for anyone wanting to stay in Charleston that is centrally located to many of the sights.

Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Tammy D
California
Reviewed 15 January 2011

I would like to say the the staff at this hotel are great. They make the experience here a good one. I noticed that each staff member spoke a hello or good morning, afternoon or evening to me. All the front desk staff were very perky, friendly and efficient. The breakfast room staff were always stocking the breakfast and taking away dirty plates. Breakfast was actually really good. Where the hotel looses some stars is that the building is very cheaply constructed with cheap materials. The cabinets in the kitchenette and bathroom were very dated. The hallway carpets were faded, bleach stained and hadn't been vacuumed much while I was there. Housekeeping also missed some things in my room such as some dirt on the carpet and there was also also something stuck on the bathroom floor tile when I checked in. I think housekeeping might be rushed or not trained to well. They were not paying attention to the details. The beds were made sloppy with wrinkled pillow cases. A toilet paper roll with 1/4 roll left on it was in the bathroom upon check in. When I would come back from my day the kitchen cabinets where the trash can is kept were always left wide open. Wireless internet was also slow in the hotel. Televisions could use an upgrade with flat panels and more channels. My stay here was good even though there were short falls. I would recommend the hotel if some of these items were addressed and taken care of for the future.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Conway, SC
Reviewed 19 December 2010

My wife and I just returned from our trip to Charleston where we stayed in this Residence Inn. Thomas at the front desk was all we could ask for and more. He was able to answer all our questions about directions and nearby restaurants, we were just amazed at how wonderful he was. This hotel is very clean and comfortable. The location is very near the airport and not too far away from the heart of Charleston. We would love to stay here again on our next trip to Charleston!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fatboy1370
Dawn W, General Manager at Residence Inn Charleston Airport, responded to this review, 21 December 2010
Thank you so much for your wonderful remarks of our hotel and our Staff! I will be sure to share them at our next meeting with my entire team. We hope to see you again next time you are in Charleston!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 22 November 2010

In Charleston on business, and while I have stayed at residence Inn's before never here, Like most Marriott's it was clean, staff was friendly and always enjoy the evening reception.

I do like to check with staff members on where a good "local" spot to eat, and while I was told about many restaurant in "downtown" Charleston I didn't want to drive the 15 or so miles to get there. Dawn the GM was very helpful during my 3 night stay and told me about a couple of restaurants in "Park Circle" there was a nice Irish bar, and a Pizza place, and place called Sesame Burger. I didn't get to the Pizza place but the other two were great.

Overall the staff was very helpful, hotel was well kept.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 17 November 2010

I spend a lot of time in Charleston, traditionally staying with friends, however I need to stay in a hotel on this visit. Chose the Residence Inn because it was convient to airport and outlet mall. The staff was quite friendly and the room was extremely clean. Its not often that I stay in hotels in Charleston, but if I have to again, I WILL certainly stay at the Residence Inn Airport.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Georgetown, Kentucky
Reviewed 10 October 2010

This hotel has to be one of, if not THE, finest hotels my wife and I have ever stayed at! We stayed here two nights last weekend prior to our cruise out of the port of Charleston. The hotel is so very clean, and the staff one of the friendliest we've ever encountered. All rooms at this hotel are suites, with the sleeping quarters separate from the living quarters. The bed was so comfortable! The best sleep we've had in months! Two different LCD, HDTV televisions allowed my wife and I to watch our favorite shows at the same time.

Each morning, we enjoyed a complimentary FULL breakfast complete with eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, waffles, grits, cereals, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, etc! VERY good!

If you're in Charleston for a concert or hockey game at the Coliseum, it's just a short walk from the hotel. Fast-food restaurants are just 1/2-mile from there too! And the airport is about a 5-minute cab ride away. The hotel's shuttle runs 24-hours a day to the airport. HOWEVER, it does not take guests to the port of Charleston. Cab fare is about $22 for up to 4 passengers to the port.

Would I stay at this hotel again? ABSOLUTELY! I highly recommend it to all.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple