Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Quality Inn Coliseum(North Charleston)
View Hotel
North Charleston Inn(North Charleston)
Rodeway Inn(North Charleston)
View Hotel
All reviewsinstant oatmealsmall kitchenetteweek stayworking orderdefinitely stay here againenjoyed my staystaff was friendlyarcopetsmarthousekeeper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 May 2014

myself and my 2 friends booked here for 2 nights for a mini vacation. upon arrival we found out that they had given away our double room and we got stuck with a single. So one night we all had to sleep together on a queen the next night 2 of us slept on the floor! In the defense of the girl at the counter she tried to get us a room at a sister hotel but everyone was booked. However she could have pulled someone else's reservation that didn't need a double maybe with only 2 people like they did us just we had 3!!! we booked a double and I called and confirmed days after I made the reservation...The room smelled funky a little, the shower took forever to get hot, the breakfast was anything but...we had ants in our "kitchen" ...no pool....the lock didn't work ... no cups for brushing teeth... there was a bullet hole in the TV and in the corresponding spot behind the TV!.. air only worked half the time and overworked the other half...bed was hard as sh*% THEY DIDN'T EVEN OFFER ME A DISCOUNT FOR THE 2 HORRIBLE NIGHTS OF SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS AND WHEN I ASKED TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER SHE IGNORED ME!!....the location was the only good thing. I will never stay there again/

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mieloka S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you did not receive the room type that you reserved. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will coach our staff to make sure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at NCA@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I guess you get what you pay for. It's inexpensive and the beds are comfortable but not particularly clean (my mattress was stained with god-knows-what). They don't have housekeeping at all unless you stay for more than 7 days, and even then it's only once a week.

They also advertise "free wifi," but it's AWFUL - ridiculously slow speeds and constant connection drops. They throttle the connection to coerce people into buying the "premium bandwidth package," which is just as unreliable as the free option, except slightly less slow (still barely usable). I had some business to take care of while I was staying here and had to go do it at Starbucks because the internet was THAT bad.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank J B
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This was an ideal location to stay for Charleston and the surrounding area. The hotel is ideally placed near to the highways and Charleston, as well as a Walmart Superstore, restaurants, other shops and a Tanger Outlet Mall. The location has all the things you would need to support a stay at this location. The car park was ideal, as were the facilities on site. I had all the things I needed. The grab and go breakfast is convenient and ideal, and the staff were all very polite, helpful and friendly. Thoroughly enjoyed my week long stay here and it was really very comfortable and relaxing. Good value for the money and I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Any rooms are fine - and all overlook the car park and surroundings.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DavidRG2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review your recent stay with us. I am so happy to learn that you enjoyed our clean rooms, free grab-and-go breakfast and our convenient location at a great value. Again, thanks for the feedback. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights while attending a professional conference. Using Priceline, I was able to book the room for $53 a night. Cost was primary given that all conference expenses were out of pocket and not paid by my employer. The room was just a basic room--nothing extraordinary. The bed while not uncomfortable wasn't great. The towels were very thin and had the texture of sandpaper.

All room entrances are on the exterior of the building and there are no elevators. There is quite a bit of noise from interstate traffic. Also, be prepared for your room to rattle and shake when anyone within several rooms of yours slams their door.

The grab and go breakfast was adequate. It consisted of muffins, granola bars, fruit, coffee and oatmeal packets.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your room. I apologize that you found your towels to be thin and rough. As well, I am sorry that you experienced noise disturbances from the nearby traffic. Your feedback will be useful as we continue to improve our guest experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at NCA@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I was looking for an inexpensive place to stay for a night and found this online. The stay was less than enjoyable, thank goodness we were not in the room for very long. We we arrived to check on our room around 2pm, we were told that the room were not available yet, which was okay since check in was not until 3pm. We left and grabbed a snack and returned about 3:15pm and were again told the rooms were not ready. I was assured that we would have a room when we came back since we were meeting friends for sightseeing and dinner later. The room was available when we returned about 8:30 that night. The walls are paper thin, so if the TV is turned on next door you might as well turn yours on the same station because you can hear both very clearly. The bed was not the best but not the worst I've ever slept in. The bathroom did not have a drain stop for the tub and there was no hair dryer. I will say that the room was clean and all the kitchen utensils seemed to be available (although we did not use). All in all, I'm not a hotel snob but would not recommend this particular hotel to a friend unless they were desperate.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jean1973
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our most sincere apologies that you room was not ready upon your arrival. I discussed your comments with the team to ensure that your experience is not repeated.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at NCA@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.