Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston
Ranked #48 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I love it here. The staff is great! The manager Travis is very helpful and pleasant. He goes out of his way to help solve any problems. Centrally located in the heart of Charleston,close to shopping and great restaurants. I definitely would recommend this hotel to my friends and family. The grab n go breakfast is great too!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank charlie812
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Charlie - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the service our staff provided and our hotel's location and amenities. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Located across the road from a large outlet mall, the hotel is not quite spiffy enough to rate a 4 star rating. The breakfast bar is very minimal-- instant oatmeal, prepackaged muffins, apples and oranges. The rooms are a little scuffed and could use some fresh paint. They include a small kitchenette and tiny bathroom. But the price was good and the the setting is safe and quiet.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NC10US
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The staff from Chris the manager to the front desk help was great. I received the most help from Debra.
She worked nights as well as doing the breakfast. She would go out of her way to help people.Sharia and Cinthia the other two front desk help also were very kind to me by calling me by name all the time and telling me to have a nice day

P.S. The address to this hotel is 5045 North Arco Lane North Charleston,S.C. 29418

Room Tip: The room I stayed in was great. Get the suit.....They cut grass early on Monday morning overall I wo...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gene143
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We decided to go to Charleston, South Carolina for the day and arrive late in the evening. After attempting to find a room at several other hotels and told they were full, we stopped at Extended Stay. The young lady at the front desk was very nice and we found a room. The room was nice, however, the water would not get hot and the pressure could have been better! There was rust on the both sinks in the bathroom and kitchen. I would stay again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mblucas1
Reviewed 5 May 2014

myself and my 2 friends booked here for 2 nights for a mini vacation. upon arrival we found out that they had given away our double room and we got stuck with a single. So one night we all had to sleep together on a queen the next night 2 of us slept on the floor! In the defense of the girl at the counter she tried to get us a room at a sister hotel but everyone was booked. However she could have pulled someone else's reservation that didn't need a double maybe with only 2 people like they did us just we had 3!!! we booked a double and I called and confirmed days after I made the reservation...The room smelled funky a little, the shower took forever to get hot, the breakfast was anything but...we had ants in our "kitchen" ...no pool....the lock didn't work ... no cups for brushing teeth... there was a bullet hole in the TV and in the corresponding spot behind the TV!.. air only worked half the time and overworked the other half...bed was hard as sh*% THEY DIDN'T EVEN OFFER ME A DISCOUNT FOR THE 2 HORRIBLE NIGHTS OF SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS AND WHEN I ASKED TO SPEAK TO THE MANAGER SHE IGNORED ME!!....the location was the only good thing. I will never stay there again/

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mieloka S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you did not receive the room type that you reserved. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will coach our staff to make sure your experience is not repeated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. Please contact me, at NCA@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I guess you get what you pay for. It's inexpensive and the beds are comfortable but not particularly clean (my mattress was stained with god-knows-what). They don't have housekeeping at all unless you stay for more than 7 days, and even then it's only once a week.

They also advertise "free wifi," but it's AWFUL - ridiculously slow speeds and constant connection drops. They throttle the connection to coerce people into buying the "premium bandwidth package," which is just as unreliable as the free option, except slightly less slow (still barely usable). I had some business to take care of while I was staying here and had to go do it at Starbucks because the internet was THAT bad.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank J B
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This was an ideal location to stay for Charleston and the surrounding area. The hotel is ideally placed near to the highways and Charleston, as well as a Walmart Superstore, restaurants, other shops and a Tanger Outlet Mall. The location has all the things you would need to support a stay at this location. The car park was ideal, as were the facilities on site. I had all the things I needed. The grab and go breakfast is convenient and ideal, and the staff were all very polite, helpful and friendly. Thoroughly enjoyed my week long stay here and it was really very comfortable and relaxing. Good value for the money and I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: Any rooms are fine - and all overlook the car park and surroundings.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank DavidRG2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review your recent stay with us. I am so happy to learn that you enjoyed our clean rooms, free grab-and-go breakfast and our convenient location at a great value. Again, thanks for the feedback. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.