Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Quality Inn Coliseum(North Charleston)
View Hotel
North Charleston Inn(North Charleston)
Rodeway Inn(North Charleston)
View Hotel
All reviewsinstant oatmealsmall kitchenetteweek stayworking orderdefinitely stay here againenjoyed my staystaff was friendlyarcopetsmarthousekeeper
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 August 2014

One of the worst places I have ever stayed. The first room we were put in smelt of smoke after asking for non-smoking. We were finally placed in another room and there was no rubbish bin in either the bathroom or the kitchen. The advert for the hotel stated that the kitchen would be fully equipped but when it came to making ourselves breakfast we not only had to visit the lobby to get rubbish bags but all our cutlery and cooking utensils. The lady at the front desk was extremely unhelpful and told us we would have a rubbish bin the following day, well by the time we departed we still did not have one. We had two very disrupted nights with drunk guests coming home in the early hours of the morning, pizza delivery guys knocking on our door in the middle of the night and neighbours having a conversation outside our window at 5am. There was no hair dryer in the room and once again had to visit the lobby to get one. There was no extractor fan in the bathroom which did not have a window so by the time one had finished showering it was impossible to breath in there. For the price we paid we could have stayed somewhere else a lot nicer. Extremely disappointed and false advertising!

Room Tip: Don't bother staying here.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank KLS882014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize that your non-smoking room had a smoke odor. Though I am glad we were able to relocate you, please know that I will be working with my staff to better enforce our non-smoking policies to ensure taht your experience is not repeated. As well, I am disheartened to read of the poor and unhelpful service you received from my staff. I will be meeting with my entire staff to review customer service standards to ensure that this does not happen again. I would also like to apologize that your in-room amenities did not meet your needs, and that requesting items from the front desk was an inconvenience to you. Your feedback on this issue will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please contact me, at NCA@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

This hotel was another lower end hotel made into an Extended Stay. New paint did not cover the lower value. For the $97 including tax I expected more than Days Inn. It was not and would have preferred the Rodeway Inn or the other Extended Stay on the same street. I felt the sheets were not clean. The lady at the front desk (no lobby) was fantastic and professional. She should be working at a higher end hotel, truly. Good customer service poor value of hotel. I didn't expect lower quality for the rate. I wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Hollyberry357
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Room smelled moldy, faucet in kitchen was broken and hanging in the sink. Vent hood was rusted, microwave was stained and dirty. Spaghetti sauce stains on refrigerator door and cabinets. Vent in bathroom ceiling had very large build up of dust. Bed sheets appeared dirty and worn out, white towels were visibly and heavily stained, they had large yellow stained spots.

Worst of all, when I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, I found several roaches were crawling on the vanity top when I turned on the lights. Because of the roaches, I cut my stay one day short. Upon checkout the cashier failed to ring my bill up correctly and gave me an attitude when she had to correct it.

On a positive note, the AC worked very well and the TV was nice although the remote control was missing so it had to be manually turned on and off, or to change channels. It appears the property is not being maintained and staff does not care about the property or guest. I will not stay at this property again.

Room Tip: Get a room at a different hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank C B
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I love it here. The staff is great! The manager Travis is very helpful and pleasant. He goes out of his way to help solve any problems. Centrally located in the heart of Charleston,close to shopping and great restaurants. I definitely would recommend this hotel to my friends and family. The grab n go breakfast is great too!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank charlie812
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Charleston - North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Charlie - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the service our staff provided and our hotel's location and amenities. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Located across the road from a large outlet mall, the hotel is not quite spiffy enough to rate a 4 star rating. The breakfast bar is very minimal-- instant oatmeal, prepackaged muffins, apples and oranges. The rooms are a little scuffed and could use some fresh paint. They include a small kitchenette and tiny bathroom. But the price was good and the the setting is safe and quiet.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple