“Nice place walkable to Convention Center”

Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention
Ranked #14 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Pensacola Beach, United States
“Nice place walkable to Convention Center”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This hotel is clean, well-kept, and generally handles the crowds during breakfast and evening social hour well. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The only downside is the distance from downtown. The shuttle (fee) doesn't run often enough to make a trip down to the historic district easy.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The primary reason for my complaint is the Housekeeping staff. I'm Hilton Diamond and have never complained about a Hilton. I had to ask to have my room cleaned. Every day, they made the bed and nothing else. They finally sent someone for a "VIP cleaning." At least she cleaned the toilet, (first time in 5 days), but never wiped the table or counters. The rug was never vacuumed. There was a human tooth on the nightstand when we checked in. This was also an upgraded room. As a Diamond member they put me in a corner suite. I'm not sure why it was an upgrade. The room (304) was right next to the housekeeping room. I had to ask them to keep the noise down, loud talking and laughing outside my door at 0700. At least it was convenient to get soap and things off the carts, because they never restocked.

My email to Hilton Diamond was answered with a form letter. They said they would send it to the property manager. No response from the manager. My ONLY bad Hilton experience ever.

Room Tip: Stay off the 3rd floor. THe only other complaints I heard were from people on the third floor. Avoid...
Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jack1956469
EmbNChas, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Sir - We are so very sorry you had such a negative experience at our hotel - please accept our apology. We've discussed your feedback with our Housekeeping team, and they all are disappointed they did not meet or exceed your expectations. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

Best wishes - Peter Steketee - General Manager
New England, North Dakota
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

We liked this hotel. Found the room to be very clean and always like the layout of the ES with the separate bedroom. Beds and bedding really comfy. The breakfasts are killer. Line for the personally cooked omelets too long, but who needed it with the generous huge breakfast buffet with piles of bacon! Its all about the bacon, right:) The free coffee is mediocre. They have a Starbucks kiosk with carafes of the dark roasted goodness for a price. The gift shop has the necessities, but its kind of tacky and get the sense it is not really run or staffed by Embassy suites. This
hotel is very close to a Starbucks, a Tanger outlet mall,
and tons of chain restaurants.
There was a huge conference at the adjoining center when we were there but the traffic and parking for the hotel was managed very well and the spots in the lot were reserved for hotel guests. Last, but not least, don't use the glasses in any hotel room. I mean you do know that, don't you. They are never changed. The mgmt probably thinks they are, but no, they are not. Gross. Get a mug from the breakfast bar.
We would be happy to book at this hotel again!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank zoelikesit
Robert H, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this review, 16 August 2016
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Embassy Suites North Charleston. With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued guest, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to North Charleston.
Tallahasse, United States
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The hotel suites were very clean and had a fresh smell. I usually have to spray an air freshener in hotels but not this time. The breakfast was excellent ( the best omelet I have ever had) and the staff kept the area clean throughout breakfast. Tables were cleaned immediately. Check in and check out was easy and fast. Overall, a great experience. Also, located across the street from the outlet mall.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Richmond Hill, Georgia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The hotel was full during our visit, but the staff seemed well prepared. During the weekend evening check-in, housekeeping staff were on our floor, ready to provide additional towels and other items. The 2 room suite was spacious enough for 4. I slept on the sofa bed and it - surprisingly - was reasonably comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful with abundant assortment of food.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I loved my first visit to Charleston and my stay at the Embassy Suites. I was there for a conference that took place at the hotel. Everyone agreed that the staff, service and accomodations were superb. The evening receptions were a big plus and my room service dinner was the best I've ever had at a hotel. The free airport shuttle was very convenient too. The only down side was the hotel's distance from downtown Charleston, a 20-minute ride away. When the conference was over, I moved to a hotel in town for my day of sightseeing. The hotel in town cost a *lot* more.

1 Thank DSBinSF
Des Plaines, Illinois
Reviewed 9 November 2013

OK, I have stayed in Embassy Suites hotels before and like them, on the whole. But, this one was lackluster in several key ways. First of all, I had trouble with the FREE shuttle service they provide to downtown Charleston. Yes, since it is free, should I really be complaining? So, I will only say that if you arrange the shuttle to downtown, bring the hotel phone number with you in case you have any problems.
But, moving on…other issues I had: I was not able to check in until right at 3pm, though I got to the hotel around 11. I know 3pm is the check-in time, but 90% of the time, even at other Hilton properties, if they know you are waiting, they will speed up the process to allow for an earlier check-in. But, then, after talking with other people, found out that 3pm was EARLY. Some guests were unable to check-in on subsequent nights until 5PM or later. They said this was because they were very busy with conferences. Well, yes, YOUR HOTEL ADJOINS A CONFERENCE CENTER! Get used to it!
A few more pesky issues: NO FREE WI-FI in the lobby. I kind of understand no free-wi-fi in the rooms (well, not really) but not in the lobby. Really?
Also, the business center does not offer easy printing. They have some lame-brain system set-up that requires a different website and you need a password. JUST LET PEOPLE PRINT!
And also housekeeping does not finish up until quite late. I had given up on having my room cleaned but when I went down to dinner and low and behold, sometime between 5:30-7, my room was cleaned.
It seems to me like a lot of issues with this hotel have to do with them keeping up with the busyness. Being situated next to a conference center, they should get used to it!
But, there a lot of good points as well…the free cocktail/snacks hours, the free cooked breakfast, the shuttle to and from the airport.
Just be warned that with the good, sometimes comes the so-so.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Robert H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this review, 16 August 2016
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback regarding your stay. It is always disappointing to hear that a guest did not enjoy every aspect of their visit.

We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Charleston
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Charleston - Convention Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North...
#2 of 58 in North Charleston
Hyatt Place Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Hyatt Place Charleston Airport a...
#5 of 58 in North Charleston
Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Air...
#8 of 58 in North Charleston
Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston - Historic Charleston
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Holiday Inn Express and Suites C...
#1 of 58 in North Charleston
Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center
Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport ...
#22 of 58 in North Charleston

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention
Address: 5055 International Blvd, North Charleston, SC 29418-5963
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#15 Business Hotel in North Charleston
#20 Family Hotel in North Charleston
#21 Romantic Hotel in North Charleston
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Airport/ Hotel North Charleston