“Just not my cup of tea, this hotel.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention
Ranked #13 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed 7 March 2014

To be brief. I love everything Hilton. I do not like this hotel. I seems to look "polished", but I find it abit dull in the appearance, and the front desk is a mess. I've stayed here several times, and I've never been greeted kindly by the FDesk. "I" was alway's the one to say, Hello!, can you help me please! Their was never my "goodies" in my hotel room, as a rewards member. I had to ask, after I was in the room, and go get my coke and snack, well, I did that after I had some rest, but really?? I had to go down and get this?
They use to have a SUPER buffet. I stayed there less than a year ago, and the buffet is GONE! and you must now stand in line like I did for over 35 minutes to watch one chef cook me and everyone's breakfast. I complained, and hopefully others did too, this takes valuable time from our departure, etc. This was NOT acceptable, even if it's free.
Their alway's seems to be too many parties of some kind every week, weekend. There R so many people at these parties too. It's just to hard to maneuver. I think the rooms are ok, not like a HILTON, or DOUBLETREE. I always' like a fridge/microwave, this is the one reason I stayed my last few times here, for that reason, but I don't believe I will anymore.
I like outdoor pools, this hotel does not have one.
I like to watch airplanes take off and land, and at one time there R some good spotting, but in my room, wouldn't u know...the huge window was so darn dirty I could hardly see the plane, seriously, I was really mad. This is a hobby of mine.
Food here, can't help you there.
Hope you have a great stay if you choose this hotel.

Room Tip: "If you wake up and are a "early" eater, I would suggest room service or getting in l...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
EmbNChas, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Shero777,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I am very disappointed that you experience with us recently was not satisfactory. We have reviewed all of your comments with our team to ensure we address issues that can be improved.

I understand how important good service is, and we focus daily on providing our guests with friendly and professional customer service. It appears we failed at the desk. We do still offer an extensive and complimentary breakfast buffet plus cooked-to-order omelets. There are just a few days during the year when we serve the buffet items from the omelet station area and I apologize if you were here during one of these days.

We certainly value you as a guest and hope to earn your business again. Please call the hotel and ask for Wade and I will be happy to discuss your recent stay.

Wade B

Write a ReviewReviews (1,282)

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This hotel was the perfect location. Mt. Pleasant, the airport and downtown were all easily accessible from here. Plus the convention center is right there. We stumbled upon a hockey game and had a blast!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Robert H, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Embassy Suites North Charleston. With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued guest, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to North Charleston.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

The girl that checked us in at the desk was very friendly and helpful in calling a cab later that night. I believe her name was Katie but I'm not certain. Rooms a little outdated and not as clean as I would expect. I had high expectations for a Hilton property. I am and will remain a loyal Holiday Inn customer.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbNChas, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Michele H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding you recent stay at the Embassy Suites Charleston Area Convention Center. I am glad that Kaylie provided you with greatt customer service and I will share your comments with her and her supervisors.

I am sorry that the cleanliness of the room did not meet your expectations. We take great pride in this particular area and our cleanliness scores are very high. I would appreciate knowing more about your particular issue so that we may provide the information to our housekeeping team. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to make it right if you return to Charleston.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

My family booked four rooms on the weekend of February 22-24. We were in town for a birthday party in the area.This location is an excellent stay. The staff was exceptional, especially Kaylee Waker, the front desk clerk. Kaylee was very patient and knowledgable of the area. Everyone greeted us with a smile. If we are ever in Charleston again we will surely stay @ the Embassy Suites in North Charleston.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Location is ideal - it is connected to the Convention Center, plenty of free parking, and quick and easy access to interstate (short drive to town); area was walkable (with sidewalks) and I felt safe when walking to local restaurants and shopping during daylight hours; surrounded by a variety of eateries and an outlet mall. The shuttle is available to take the non walkers to the outlet mall. I didn't use it but my business partner did and raved about the convenience. Spacious room and friendly staff, eager to please. For example, when we mentioned the chemical taste of the breakfast coffee to employee Deandre, he apologized and immediately solved the issue by brewing a new pot of coffee in the back and bringing it to us in two cups to go. The omelet chefs were friendly and professional, cooking up specialty orders with sides of bacon, sausage, potato rounds, grits and so forth. Fruit and yogurt (including Greek) was plentiful. Would I stay again? Absolutely!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Robert H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Thank you for the feedback. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

We booked Embassy Suites N. Charleston for my wife's Speech Pathologist conference months ago.When we arrived 2/20/14 , we were told that we'd been bumped. They put us up in a hotel 1/2 mile away.We asked about parking since we needed to get back to embassy suites for the conference.They said there would be no problem, and a shuttle would be provided. The shuttle got us there, but when it was time to return, they could not. We had to walk back in the dark. North Charleston is well known for it's high crime rate. We have noticed that it seems to be full of run down motels with out of state contractors . After passing a few scary characters we made it back safe. My concern is what if my wife had been alone. The staff at the hotel does not care about our safety. It is not the place for a conference that is mainly female, unless it's female roller derby.When the conference comes back to North Charleston we will stay at our vacation home on a sea island 20 miles away, and fight the I-26 traffic. Safety first !

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jocassee
EmbNChas, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear jocassee,

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent experience while in Charleston for your conference. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience we may have caused you by not having a guest room available when you arrived. We certainly do everything we can to minimize those types of difficult situations. We certainly did not intend for you to walk to or from our hotel at any time during your stay and we are very sorry that you did not feel safe when walking. I would like very much to speak with you in person about your experience and make it right for you. Please ask specifically for Wade when you call the hotel. Again, please accept my sincere apology for your unpleasant experience.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

The shuttle driver was excellent, the front desk was very helpful upon check in. However, when we got to our room, there was an air purifier running to try to get the smoke smell out of the room, from the former guest who smoked in the non smoking room. Perhaps we should have been told of this at check in. The manager offered to take $50 off the first night if we stayed in the room or he would try to find us another room. He did move us to a double bedded room, but that room was very uncomfortable for us. The elevator was fast and the breakfast buffet was good. Cooked to order breakfast line was very slow, but the omelets were very good if you had the time to wait for them.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
EmbNChas, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear hiestandhouse,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay with the Embassy Suites Charleston Area Convention Center. I can certainly understand the how unpleasant the odor of smoke can be when entering a hotel room! We do everything we can to discourage smoking in designated non-smoking rooms, however there are times when we faced with the unpleasant task of trying to remove the smoke smell in a short amount of time between the previous guest's departure and the next arrival. However, our team should have discussed the issue with you upon your arrival and offered you other potential options. I apologize that we did not do that prior to checking you in. We have discussed this with our housekeeping team and front office team to ensure we communicate more effectively in the future. I hope that you will allow us the opportunity serve you again in the future and exceed your expectations!