“Traveling to the Embassy Suites”

Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention
Ranked #13 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The Embassy Suites is nice for business, but on the other hand, there were many complications. The hotel itself is nice, but in my opinion it needs to be renovated. The staff should also be examined. There are many rude housemaids, and a guy at the front desk is also cruel. The hotel staff messed up the rooms so over 500+ people were stuck in a room with no air condition. it was horrible. the rooms were nice. but the complications was terrible.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Robert H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback regarding your stay. It is always disappointing to hear that a guest did not enjoy every aspect of their visit.

We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention

Reviewed 8 March 2014

This hotel was horrible from the time we walked in. We had to wait over 3 hours AFTER checkin time to get in our room. We had two rooms and the first was hot so had to call maintenence twice before they moved us. Hotel gave us gift card for trouble of late check in and bartender was so rude and after waiting 25 min we just left. Manager on duty was extremly rude and unprofessional, bartender at managers reception was rude. Only had a few employees that were actually nice.

• Stayed: March 2014
EmbNChas, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear echapman1016,

We are so very sorry we did not meet or exceed your expectations during your visit with us - please accept our apology. We've reviewed your comments with the team and all are disappointed to hear your feedback. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Safe Travels, Peter Steketee - GM

Reviewed 7 March 2014

To be brief. I love everything Hilton. I do not like this hotel. I seems to look "polished", but I find it abit dull in the appearance, and the front desk is a mess. I've stayed here several times, and I've never been greeted kindly by the FDesk. "I" was alway's the one to say, Hello!, can you help me please! Their was never my "goodies" in my hotel room, as a rewards member. I had to ask, after I was in the room, and go get my coke and snack, well, I did that after I had some rest, but really?? I had to go down and get this?
They use to have a SUPER buffet. I stayed there less than a year ago, and the buffet is GONE! and you must now stand in line like I did for over 35 minutes to watch one chef cook me and everyone's breakfast. I complained, and hopefully others did too, this takes valuable time from our departure, etc. This was NOT acceptable, even if it's free.
Their alway's seems to be too many parties of some kind every week, weekend. There R so many people at these parties too. It's just to hard to maneuver. I think the rooms are ok, not like a HILTON, or DOUBLETREE. I always' like a fridge/microwave, this is the one reason I stayed my last few times here, for that reason, but I don't believe I will anymore.
I like outdoor pools, this hotel does not have one.
I like to watch airplanes take off and land, and at one time there R some good spotting, but in my room, wouldn't u know...the huge window was so darn dirty I could hardly see the plane, seriously, I was really mad. This is a hobby of mine.
Food here, can't help you there.
Hope you have a great stay if you choose this hotel.

Room Tip: "If you wake up and are a "early" eater, I would suggest room service or getting in l...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
EmbNChas, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Dear Shero777,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I am very disappointed that you experience with us recently was not satisfactory. We have reviewed all of your comments with our team to ensure we address issues that can be improved.

I understand how important good service is, and we focus daily on providing our guests with friendly and professional customer service. It appears we failed at the desk. We do still offer an extensive and complimentary breakfast buffet plus cooked-to-order omelets. There are just a few days during the year when we serve the buffet items from the omelet station area and I apologize if you were here during one of these days.

We certainly value you as a guest and hope to earn your business again. Please call the hotel and ask for Wade and I will be happy to discuss your recent stay.

Wade B

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This hotel was the perfect location. Mt. Pleasant, the airport and downtown were all easily accessible from here. Plus the convention center is right there. We stumbled upon a hockey game and had a blast!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Robert H, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Embassy Suites North Charleston. With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued guest, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to North Charleston.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

The girl that checked us in at the desk was very friendly and helpful in calling a cab later that night. I believe her name was Katie but I'm not certain. Rooms a little outdated and not as clean as I would expect. I had high expectations for a Hilton property. I am and will remain a loyal Holiday Inn customer.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
EmbNChas, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Michele H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding you recent stay at the Embassy Suites Charleston Area Convention Center. I am glad that Kaylie provided you with greatt customer service and I will share your comments with her and her supervisors.

I am sorry that the cleanliness of the room did not meet your expectations. We take great pride in this particular area and our cleanliness scores are very high. I would appreciate knowing more about your particular issue so that we may provide the information to our housekeeping team. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to make it right if you return to Charleston.

Regards,
Wade B

Reviewed 27 February 2014

My family booked four rooms on the weekend of February 22-24. We were in town for a birthday party in the area.This location is an excellent stay. The staff was exceptional, especially Kaylee Waker, the front desk clerk. Kaylee was very patient and knowledgable of the area. Everyone greeted us with a smile. If we are ever in Charleston again we will surely stay @ the Embassy Suites in North Charleston.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Location is ideal - it is connected to the Convention Center, plenty of free parking, and quick and easy access to interstate (short drive to town); area was walkable (with sidewalks) and I felt safe when walking to local restaurants and shopping during daylight hours; surrounded by a variety of eateries and an outlet mall. The shuttle is available to take the non walkers to the outlet mall. I didn't use it but my business partner did and raved about the convenience. Spacious room and friendly staff, eager to please. For example, when we mentioned the chemical taste of the breakfast coffee to employee Deandre, he apologized and immediately solved the issue by brewing a new pot of coffee in the back and bringing it to us in two cups to go. The omelet chefs were friendly and professional, cooking up specialty orders with sides of bacon, sausage, potato rounds, grits and so forth. Fruit and yogurt (including Greek) was plentiful. Would I stay again? Absolutely!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Robert H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Thank you for the feedback. We look forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Charleston
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Charleston - Convention Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North...
#3 of 58 in North Charleston
Hyatt Place Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Hyatt Place Charleston Airport a...
#2 of 58 in North Charleston
Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Air...
#4 of 58 in North Charleston
Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center
Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport ...
#21 of 58 in North Charleston
Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston - Historic Charleston
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Holiday Inn Express and Suites C...
#1 of 58 in North Charleston

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention

Address: 5055 International Blvd, North Charleston, SC 29418-5963
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#15 Business Hotel in North Charleston
#20 Family Hotel in North Charleston
#21 Romantic Hotel in North Charleston
Price Range: £125 - £235 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention 3.5*
Enjoy a convenient location at Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston Airport Hotel & Convention Center. Take the complimentary shuttle to Charleston International Airport just two miles away and walk to over 30 restaurants in the local neighborhood. Our Charleston, SC hotel is adjacent to the Charleston Area Convention Center and the Performing Arts Center and the Coliseum, ideal for attending an event at these venues. Just 10 minutes from Downtown Charleston, recently ranked the No. 1 City in the World by Travel + Leisure ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Airport/ Hotel North Charleston