“Mixed Feelings, but Walk to Performing Arts Center!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention
Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
New York City
“Mixed Feelings, but Walk to Performing Arts Center!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Close to the airport, this hotel features a skybridge on the second story that goes over to the convention center & performing arts center.Pro's: -Airport shuttle, -good room rate, -small but cozy room, -pretty good breakfast (pass on the synthetic juices and worst cup of coffee I've had in months) makes this a very convenient hotel for events at the Performing Arts Center.
-Lobby bar stayed open late after the event on the weekend which is fun for revelers but might tarnish your evening as the noise drifts up and is heard in the rooms.

Cons: no complimentary internet (not even for brand members)
-not being able to get my honors points when booked by a company
-skeleton staff at night makes late check-in take forever.

I would come back if I needed to be at this location, otherwise I'll head back into historic Charleston next time.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Robert H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this review, 16 August 2016
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback regarding your stay. It is always disappointing to hear that a guest did not enjoy every aspect of their visit.

We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Jesup, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

The whole family was at Embassy Suites for the week following Christmas for the NBL/SKIL world Karate tournament. The hotel was very well maintained and the staff was very nice, especially the folks that worked the breakfast buffet. They were always helpful and kind. The hotel hosted happy hours every night and was a family event, a lot of good fun each evening. This hotel is centrally located to a lot of places to eat and shop. The conference Center was very nice also, you didn't even have to leave the hotel which was very nice when it rained.

Room Tip: From what I saw all the rooms are very nice. I don't think you will go wrong.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
EmbNChas, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your visit during the Karate tournament - that was a fun week. Thanks for your comments! We hope you will visit us again if your travels bring you Charleston way.
Best regards, Peter Steketee - Gen Mgr
Aiken SC, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

Clean, friendly, great business center, family oriented, and the best omelets (including white with welted spinach) made at your request. Wonderful amenities and courteous staff. Great parking space and easily accessible to the Convention Center.

1 Thank Mary M
EmbNChas, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear Mary M!
Thanks for your very kind comments! The team appreciates your accolades and we are always delighted when people love our tasty made to order omelets. Hope you will return soon.

Travel safe, Peter Steketee - Gen Mgr.
Charleston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

It was an excellent stay at The Embassy Suites in North Charleston. The room was very clean, the staff was very customer focused and the cost of dining was very reasonable. We were very happy to have a full buffet at breakfast included with the cost of our room. It was great!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Lauren M
Robert H, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this review, 16 August 2016
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Embassy Suites North Charleston. With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued guest, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to North Charleston.
North Charleston, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

The Embassy Suites is nice for business, but on the other hand, there were many complications. The hotel itself is nice, but in my opinion it needs to be renovated. The staff should also be examined. There are many rude housemaids, and a guy at the front desk is also cruel. The hotel staff messed up the rooms so over 500+ people were stuck in a room with no air condition. it was horrible. the rooms were nice. but the complications was terrible.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!
Lake Wyli
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

This hotel was horrible from the time we walked in. We had to wait over 3 hours AFTER checkin time to get in our room. We had two rooms and the first was hot so had to call maintenence twice before they moved us. Hotel gave us gift card for trouble of late check in and bartender was so rude and after waiting 25 min we just left. Manager on duty was extremly rude and unprofessional, bartender at managers reception was rude. Only had a few employees that were actually nice.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
EmbNChas, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear echapman1016,

We are so very sorry we did not meet or exceed your expectations during your visit with us - please accept our apology. We've reviewed your comments with the team and all are disappointed to hear your feedback. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Safe Travels, Peter Steketee - GM
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

To be brief. I love everything Hilton. I do not like this hotel. I seems to look "polished", but I find it abit dull in the appearance, and the front desk is a mess. I've stayed here several times, and I've never been greeted kindly by the FDesk. "I" was alway's the one to say, Hello!, can you help me please! Their was never my "goodies" in my hotel room, as a rewards member. I had to ask, after I was in the room, and go get my coke and snack, well, I did that after I had some rest, but really?? I had to go down and get this?
They use to have a SUPER buffet. I stayed there less than a year ago, and the buffet is GONE! and you must now stand in line like I did for over 35 minutes to watch one chef cook me and everyone's breakfast. I complained, and hopefully others did too, this takes valuable time from our departure, etc. This was NOT acceptable, even if it's free.
Their alway's seems to be too many parties of some kind every week, weekend. There R so many people at these parties too. It's just to hard to maneuver. I think the rooms are ok, not like a HILTON, or DOUBLETREE. I always' like a fridge/microwave, this is the one reason I stayed my last few times here, for that reason, but I don't believe I will anymore.
I like outdoor pools, this hotel does not have one.
I like to watch airplanes take off and land, and at one time there R some good spotting, but in my room, wouldn't u know...the huge window was so darn dirty I could hardly see the plane, seriously, I was really mad. This is a hobby of mine.
Food here, can't help you there.
Hope you have a great stay if you choose this hotel.

Room Tip: "If you wake up and are a "early" eater, I would suggest room service or getting in l...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
EmbNChas, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Shero777,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I am very disappointed that you experience with us recently was not satisfactory. We have reviewed all of your comments with our team to ensure we address issues that can be improved.

I understand how important good service is, and we focus daily on providing our guests with friendly and professional customer service. It appears we failed at the desk. We do still offer an extensive and complimentary breakfast buffet plus cooked-to-order omelets. There are just a few days during the year when we serve the buffet items from the omelet station area and I apologize if you were here during one of these days.

We certainly value you as a guest and hope to earn your business again. Please call the hotel and ask for Wade and I will be happy to discuss your recent stay.

Wade B
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Charleston
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Charleston - Convention Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North...
#2 of 58 in North Charleston
Hyatt Place Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Hyatt Place Charleston Airport a...
#4 of 58 in North Charleston
Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Air...
#6 of 58 in North Charleston
Embassy Suites by Hilton Charleston - Historic Charleston
Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center
Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport ...
#21 of 58 in North Charleston
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Holiday Inn Express and Suites C...
#1 of 58 in North Charleston

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention
Address: 5055 International Blvd, North Charleston, SC 29418-5963
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#15 Business Hotel in North Charleston
#20 Family Hotel in North Charleston
#21 Romantic Hotel in North Charleston
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Airport/ Hotel North Charleston