“The best deal for staying outside of Charleston”

Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention
Ranked #13 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Because of the online service I used for my booking, I did not know what to expect when I selected a North Charleston hotel. This is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in while visiting Charleston, and I was able to book it for somewhere between half and a third the cost of a comparable hotel in historic Charleston, and much less than a hotel in one of the nearby beach towns.
If you don't mind the 15 minute drive into Charleston, you will not be disappointed by your accommodations. I prefer to save my money on lodging, and spend it in the fantastic restaurants in Charleston.
But this place is far from a budget motel. The service is excellent, the hotel is clean & beautifully decorated throughout, & a full breakfast with custom omelets & buffet is served each morning. My room was extremely spacious, clean & updated. I even had an extra room with a second tv.
This will now be my first choice for staying in the Charleston area, which I currently visit about 5 times a year for business and pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jan L
Robert H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites N. Charleston during your visit. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in mid June as part of a convention group meeting. Our room was nice, everything we needed, the bed was comfy and I slept well. The breakfast buffet was one of the nicest I've ever seen, but because there weren't enough wait staff, we had to improvise seating to eat because there were so many tables overflowing with dishes. There was only 1 young man hoofing dishes as fast as he could, but in a place that large, with that many eating, it's almost impossible to keep up. Overall, it was a nice stay and I would stay there again !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Robert H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I decided to stay at the Embassy Suites for our anniversary on June 29th, because it was in close proximity of the Tanger outlets and not as busy as downtown. The complimentary cocktails and breakfast was great;however, the romantic package was not worth the extra $27 I paid for the room. The strawberries were okay, but sparkling wine was horrible. It really downed the mood and plans. Since it was so late in the evening, I couldn't call downstairs with my concerns. When I had notified staff during checkout, the manager apologized and said he would notify the restaurant. This gesture will be nice for the next couple, but it did nothing for my husband and I. I was also disappointed when checking in. I had asked the staff person if I could use my AAA card. He told me no, because I has already booked the room and couldn't change it. When I usually check in at hotels, they are happy to provide the discount. I don't know if I will return again.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

As a Hilton rewards member for years with many stays at Embassy Suites, this was the first time my wife and I ever had to stand in line for drinks at the managers reception. We're normally served at the bar. Just tacky!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
EmbNChas, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear WH,

Thank you for providing your feedback with regard to your recent stay. I am sorry there was a line during our Evening Reception while you were our guest. Our team does meet daily to discuss business levels to ensure our staffing is in place to provide excellent service but on occassion, we find that a majority of our guests arrive at breakfast or reception at the same time, which can create short delays. As a valued Hilton Honors member, your satisfaction is very important to us. Please allow us to serve you again and earn back your trust the next time you are in Charleston.

Regards,
Wade B.

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here June 20-22. This Embassy Suites could use an upgrade to its rooms. The beds are not as comfortable as its competition and the room furniture needs updating. I've stayed at several Embassy Suites and this one does measure up to the quality of the others.

Service also needs to be improved. There were not nearly enough servers for breakfast preparation. Consequently, there were very long lines to eat breakfast. Our room was not cleaned one day and we had to call and then wait before we could retire for the evening.

As with most Embassy Suites they serve free beers and cocktails for two hours each day. However, they had no security and our group was pelted with food and coins from someone on the upper floors while we sat in the open atrium. We complained to the management who did arrange for a police officer to be on the premises the next day.

The hotel is in an excellent location next to the convention center and across the street from the Tangiers Outlet Mall. With some renovations and more attention to service this Embassy Suites can compete with its sister properties.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Derbycityvisitor,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while at our hotel. I apologize that your stay did not live up to your expectations. We do our best to ensure our hotel is well-maintained and clean for all of our guests and certainly hope our staff did everything they could to make you comfortable. With regard to having things thrown from the guest room corridors, we take that very seriously but unfortunately don't know when or if this will ever happen. I am glad the presence of the officer helped after the incident. Please allow us an opportunity to serve you again if you are ever in Charleston.

Regards,
Wade B

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This property is well maintained, exterior and interior of this property is beautiful. the rooms are very comfortable and clean. The staff @ this location were very nice and helpful. Great variety of breakfast items, greated with fresh cookies.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We traveled to Charleston arriving 6/6/2014 later in the evening. We decided after renting our car that we would just stay by the airport and get an early start the next morning. We arrived right after the free cocktail hour but upon check-in the sent us over to the bar and honored the free drink. Perfect start! We unfortunately had to get a Dbl/Dbl room because the K rooms were all sold out. This was truly the first time I had ever request a bed type and had the typical disclaimer take effect. Not really a big deal. The rooms were spacious and clean. We were on a top floor so the lobby noise was never a factor (recommended). After a very restful night sleep, we went down for the cook to order complimentary buffet breakfast that always accompany a stay at an Embassy Suites. No complaints what so ever. Nothing better than a clean, friendly, well staffed, free buffet breakfast, great accommodations place to stay. We would definitely stay again if we are ever in the need of a stop over.

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor