Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention
Ranked #13 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The fitness center was the best thing about the hotel and the friendliness of the staff the second with the shuttle coming right along with that. Besides the nice fountain in the lobby nothing else is remarkable but it is fine albeit the beds are soft for my taste.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Robert H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2016

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback regarding your stay. It is always disappointing to hear that a guest did not enjoy every aspect of their visit.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

i travel all around the country, and I have come across some good customer service, I stayed with you all this past week and I must say Anna M. was a prime example of EXCELLENT guest relations. She had a great smile and was very personable and made me feel right at home! Thank you soo much for the incredible room and service!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
peter s, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

We are so very thankful for your kind words! Anna is a rock-star - we are delighted she is on our team. Safe travels, Peter Steketee, GM

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I like the location of this hotel. It's right across from Tanger Outlet and Walmart. They offer a breakfast bar with fresh fruit and hot items as well as cook to order omelets and pancakes. Room was spacious and staff was nice. They offer a shuttle to airport and to the outlet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Robert H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Breakfasts were wonderful. Drinks from 5:30 to 7:30-- who can complain? Breakfasts. Heavenly! Omelets cooked to order. Wow. Even the day when the power was off, the breakfast was outstanding. Drinks 5:30 to 7:30, wow. One complaint: Housekeeping did not give us towels or coffee or tea on 2 or 3 days of our visit.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Robert H, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suites N. Charleston during your visit. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I recently took a trip to Charleston South Carolina. We were not sure exactly when we would arrive so we went without reservations, which we never do. We visited 3 hotels looking for one that has smoking rooms. We just happened to notice this one and decided to check. The clerk at the desk said they had none available, this was on Sunday afternoon. so I asked about maybe coming back on Monday and she searched again. She found a room available but being cleaned. She quoted us a rate, we went for lunch and had a drink at the bar. After about 2 hours of waiting, the assistant manager, a very pleasant young man, pushed for the room to be ready. We were reminded they have a cooked to order breakfast and managers receptions with free drinks and snacks. What a deal!! It has a beautiful atrium to hang out in, a pool,bar, restaurant and two patios for just enjoying the outdoors. Everyone including housekeepers were extremely friendly. We corresponded with 3 clerks and two managers the entire time we were there. They acknowledged us each time they saw us. Even the sales girl in the gift shop was friendly whenever she saw us. I don't ever remember staying in a hotel with such friendly , pleasant, helpful personel. I would highly recommend this one to anyone looking for a "resort feeling" hotel.

Room Tip: Stay in the higher floor rooms because the view looking down into the atrium is astonishing! You hav...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the great feedback - our team appreciates it, and we thank you for the opportunity to serve! Best wishes, Peter Steketee - GM

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Tammy
The Embassy has a great location, minutes from the airport, outlet mall and several resturants. However, my first 30 minutes there, I was given three different rooms. The first room was occupied (YIKES!), the second room had a terrible odor and the third room had some visible damage, but engineering was called immediately and it was corrected. After, these incidents, I was given a $50.00 voucher, by the hotel manager, to dine in the hotel's resturant. The day I chose to dine in the resturant, I ordered the Cod, bad choice!!! The Cod, was very, overcooked or burned and I couldn't eat it. However,my overall stay at the Embassy was nice. The complimentary breakfast, cocktails and staff were good, but don't order the fish!

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I have a feeling I was staying at this hotel, maybe with just some bad timing. Rooms are classic Embassy Suites, which I love, but housekeeping missed my room a couple days, and the restaurant seemed to be understaffed. I should note here that the servers were great, though, and the food was too. I paid extra for a premium room with free WiFi and access to snacks. The WiFi worked great, but the snack machine on my floor was broken. There was another in the lobby, but it was hit and miss as to cokes. Electricity went out a couple times, and not sure why that was. Probably not the fault of the hotel, and I have to brag on the way they handled breakfast on generator power. Very nice job. Maybe it was just a lot of little problems at once, so I might try again there another day, but just not sure. Staff were friendly, especially Chuck who picked us up at the airport and helped in any number of ways.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business