“Like being with good family”

Courtyard North Charleston Airport/Coliseum
Ranked #28 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Canton, Ohio
“Like being with good family”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I really enjoyed my stay with this hotel. It was unfortunate why I was there but with staff like Beatrice who understood my pain, Mary Ann who had a great personality, suzanne who is just great and has a sweet soothing voice (she talked with me when there were no customers until I could rest) and shannon was the icing on the cake - she was off and still helped me. Listen people why stay at any other hotel!!!!! Hurry go straight to Courtyard by Marriott North Charleston Airport/Coliseum.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank quickstokes
Mary B, Manager at Courtyard North Charleston Airport/Coliseum, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience! I am so glad that our Beatrice, Maryann, Suzanne, and Shannon helped make your stay more comfortable. They are truly awesome! We look forward to your next visit to the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Our stay at this Courtyard was very good, as we expect from Marriott. Our room was clean and comfortable. Carpet was a little worn in traffic areas. Breakfast scones from cafe were the best I've had in ages! Shuttle to the airport was very convenient. Front desk staff was very helpful. Thanks, folk! We appreciated you going the extra mile for us.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Mary B, Manager at Courtyard North Charleston Airport/Coliseum, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you for your kind words! Our staff takes great pride in our hotel and providing memorable service to all of our guests. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to North Charleston!
Washington DC
Reviewed 9 August 2014

It's pretty much like every other Courtyard as far the lobby, rooms, and amenities. It's a good solid hotel if fairly soulless given it's suburban location on the site of a former mall, by a highway. That said, everything was fine and the service really good.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank GayTravelGuyDC
We are glad you chose to stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel and your experience. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The room was pretty standard for a Courtyard hotel. Everything looked like it was newly refurbished and modern. Very clean as expected.
I got a shuttle to the airport at 4am. Usually don't don't leave till 4:20am, but they helped me out. Very good hotel if you need to get to the airport.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kevin m
Mary B, Manager at Courtyard North Charleston Airport/Coliseum, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We love our convenient location to the airport and many North Charleston spots. Our staff is fantastic and I am glad they were able to accomodate your early morning shuttle needs. We look forward to hosting you again soon!
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The room was pretty standard for a Courtyard hotel. Everything looked like it was newly refurbished and modern. One complaint my room smelled kind of musty when I we walked and was very humid. I had the feeling the previous occupant had smoked in the room and left the door open to try and air it out. The gym is very nice and they have a small outdoor pool, which is very nice. The hotel is close to the outlet shopping, downtown takes about 10 minutes to get to. If I were staying longer and doing more downtown I would probably just pay more and stay closer to the city center.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have followed up with our housekeeping team to ensure that our future guests have a flawless stay. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy some of our amenities. We look forward to having you back in Charleston!
Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

GM Kevin, Front Desk Staff Kaitlin and Shannon went out of their way to accommodate us from picking us up at our rental car facility, suggesting and driving us to and from a cool local burger joint called Sesame Burger and Beer (also rated 4 *), staff was spot on and gracious. If you want great friendly service with a smile, you can't go wrong here!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mark B
Mary B, Manager at Courtyard North Charleston Airport/Coliseum, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Kevin, Shannon, and Kaitlin are great assets to our team. Our entire staff takes great pride in taking care of our guests and I am glad you were able to see that firsthand. We love being close to many great restaurants, Sesame Burgers and Beer included! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was at the courtyard by marriott north charleston from 5/14 through 5/20/2014. I have stayed here several times in the past and it is a descent hotel.This was a business trip and the hotel is close to the airport and the Federal Complex. There are also several decent places to eat in the area including Jim and Nick's BBQ and La Hacienda located in the Tanger shopping area.
The hotel itself is clean, staff is friendly and the rooms are nice. Try to get pool side of the building or you will be looking at the back of a Red Cross building.

Room Tip: upper floor pool side of building