“Great stay”

Hyatt Place North Charleston
Ranked #5 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Lovely stay! The front desk/bar tending staff were just wonderful. They went above and beyond to make our time there nice. The rooms are pleasant and complimentary happy hour is great! All in all a solid hotel and great staff!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank NYChick72
Jason B, General Manager at Hyatt Place North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear NYchick72:

We at the Hyatt Place North Charleston appreciate that you have taken the time to write a review of our hotel. We enjoyed having you stay with us. It is nice to hear that you were pleased with our Happy Hour and that you had a good experience with our staff. We pride ourselves in providing friendly and professional service to our Guests and are sincere in wanting to make your stay with us as enjoyable as possible. Once again, thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I love the Hyatt Place chain. I am able to fit my family of five comfortably in one room. (two double beds and pull out couch). We stayed here one night - price was very reasonable. Room clean. We used the late night dining - pool - work out room and free breakfast in the morning. We definitely got our money's worth.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NJmomof3kids

Hello,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hyatt Place North Charleston and especially for taking time out of your day to share your positive comments. We enjoyed having you here. Comments like your help to remind us that we have a great Hotel here and it sounds like you took full advantage of our amenities and services. Our spacious rooms are definitely great for families and our 24 Hour Menu is tasty and convenient, not to mention the A.M. Skillet. I personally love having an indoor pool that can be enjoyed any time of year. We hope to see again the next time you are in the Charleston area. Thank you again for choosing the Hyatt Place North Charleston.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed 4 nights with a groupon deal. Excellent bed, huge divided room, clean, good facilities. Breakfast was great with all kinds of choices.
If you like a luxury hotel without the bellhop and people all over this is a great place to stay. Service at the counter can be a bit slow because they operate the snack bar and coffee shop. But the staff was very pleasant and accommodating. The fitness facilities were in great shape and were very clean. The location is out of the city centre but a 15 minute drive gets you anywhere even in traffic. It is very easy to find as it is beside the interstate highway yet there was no road noise at all.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tony S
Jason B, General Manager at Hyatt Place North Charleston, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Tony S,

Thank you so much for choosing the Hyatt Place North Charleston. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed our deal on Groupon. There are more of those to come so we hope that you will be able to take advantage of them. Thank you again your excellent review. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This hotel has so much potential. The customer service of the front desk staff is top notch. But their cleaning staff is lazy! As are the folks that manage the breakfast area. The rooms are spacious and were able to comfortably accommodate the 5 of us and our pet. But the morning after our first nights stay our room never got touched. This was quickly addressed by the staff, however the person doing the cleaning clearly didn't care as much. The duvet never placed back on one of the beds. Left on the floor in a corner. Towels were refreshed but only 3 when we had 5 guest. Bathroom counter still dirty. Soaps and other things not replenished. Simple things that she obviously couldn't be bothered to follow through with, since we were checking out the next day we didn't even bother to complain. But it was unacceptable. They need to hire new cleaning people I see we were not the only guest to have this issue. Lots of restaurants in the surrounding area. Right next to the highway but noise was never an issue. Complimentary breakfast was good, a nice variety. But some of the stations were a mess and not attended to very quickly. Whether we would stay again in still in the air.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JetSetJ21

Dear JetSetJ21,

Thank you for your feedback. It is appreciated. We take our guests' comments seriously. We are always looking to improve. Our goal is to provide the best service possible, a clean and comfortable room, and a delicious complimentary hot a.m. skillet breakfast. I feel that we fell short in some of those areas. Please contact me directly to discuss any further details that you might have. I apologize that we were unable to completely satisfy you during your stay.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I arrived at this hotel on Christmas Day. I booked a room with two queen beds. When I arrived they did not have the room I paid for. They put my mom and myself in a room with one king bed. They didn't mention anything they just stuck us in there. I immediately went down to the desk and advised that I got the wrong type of room. The girl had me wait for 10 minutes in the lobby then came over and said, "Here's the deal. There's been an "issue". You can either wait here in the lobby while I clean the room myself and I will give you a free beverage or you can take the King room and I will give you a free night." I agreed to take the free night. She refused to give me anything in writing for the free night and I still haven't received a refund. The way they talked about the "issue" in that other room really freaked me out. It was almost like someone died in the room... I was horrified. The next day she called my room and asked if we wanted to move to the right room. I told her no because I didn't know what that "issue" was and also we already unpacked all our stuff. She said that if we wanted to move rooms we would have had to stay in our hotel room while it was being cleaned... which I definitely didn't go on vacation to sit in my hotel room!
My mom and I are convinced there was a rat in our hotel room. There was constant shuffling at night by the heater and when you turned on the light it stopped. It sounded like something was chewing on stuff and we also heard squeaking. VERY UNSETTLING!
I am so disappointed with this Hyatt! I love the Hyatt brand but this hotel is such a mess.
In the morning the free breakfast was nice, but they usually had no silverware and I had to try and eat my sausage and eggs with a spoon.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank C B

Please accept my sincerest apology. Our goal is to exceed each and every guests' expectations. I can see that we had a few miscues during your stay. I can assure you that there was nothing wrong with the Queen room other than it needed to be cleaned. I have worked with my staff on how to better communicate this in the future. In addition, the room and floor that you stayed in was professionally inspected upon your departure and no signs of mice or rats was found. While this may not answer the question of what the sounds were that you were hearing, it should reassure you that it was not a rodent.

Again, we regret that we were unable to satisfy you during your time with us and would like the opportunity to provide you with the type of service you have come to expect and deserve. Please feel free to contact me directly the next time that you are in the area. We are confident that we will be able to achieve our goal and exceed your expectations. Thank you again for choosing the Hyatt Place North Charleston.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Hotel was clean and inviting, desk clerk was informative and attentive, room was awesome. For some reason we did not get maid service, not sure why. Breakfast was very crowded and seating was limited. Food selection was good and food was good. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Lmartin626 ,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hyatt Place North Charleston. We appreciate your positive comments. We are proud of our breakfast selection, especially our Hyatt Signature sandwich that is served daily. I, personally, enjoy our selection of yogurt, granola, and dried cranberries. We are pleased that you found our guest rooms comfortable. We sure hope to get another chance to serve you again in the future. Thank you again for taking time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We loved the separate living areas/bedroom space. Perfect for 3 gals together for a week long trip to Charleston. Good breakfast buffet that changed almost everyday . Nice staff . A bit farther out from the city center than we would have liked as we made many trips back and forth. Lots of restaurants in the hotel area to eat , as well.

Room Tip: NO good views available and a bit noisy near the elevator areas