“Don't Park & Cruise”

Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Don't Park & Cruise”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This hotel was really nice and we loved the breakfast and we would stay again if we didn't normally camp at a campground when staying in Charleston. We stayed here for the park & cruise option. It looked like a safe place to leave the truck for a week. However, the shuttle service was horrible. Shuttles going to the port were disorganized although we did get there in plenty of time. The service from port to hotel was inexcusable. We were outside in the wind in 33 degree weather for over an hour before they got a bus instead of the vans to pick us up. Will NEVER use this option again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank SpearEp
atrain8green, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites North Charleston-University Blvd, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Good morning. My name is Anthony Smith, and I'm the General Manager at the Hampton Inn University Boulevard. I received your response on TripAdvisor, and want to reply to the issues you faced with the Park and Cruise package. I apologize that you had any issues with your stay, and especially with the transportation to and from the port. I believe the package is a good deal, but has grown too large. We may have to limit the number of participants on each cruise to ensure the transporation is more organized. Please send me your contact information to anthony.smith@hilton.com, and I will gladly refund you the cost of transportation for your stay. I'll be glad to help in any way I can on my end. I look forward to hearing from you, and Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

We chose this hotel because of the Cruise Park and Ride option. Big mistake! The hotel was great but the transportation service was horrible! Getting there was disorganized and coming back was worse. When the shuttle arrived, he didn't take any if us. Instead he made the whole group (including an older woman using a walker -who he didn't help) walk across the street to wait on a different bus We sat on cold cement for 45 min. after being told 10.

Our stay was great, but I can't rate the hotel highly due to the shuttle service. They need a new vendor!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jesscanning
Dacula, United States
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel because of the park and cruise option they offer. It was a great experience from start to finish! The room was very large and comfortable. The shuttle service was efficient and I felt very confident leaving my car in the parking lot for the week while I was on the cruise.

Gulpen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in november in two different rooms. Both rooms were huge, clean and had comfortable beds. Rooms were very quiet. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice. Check-in went very swift. Given the rate in comparison to other hotels the Hampton offered very good value.

Crossville, United States
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed here the night before our Cruise from Charleston. Everything went very well. They provided a shuttle service to and from the port and we were able to leave our vehicle at the hotel and feel it would be more secure there. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I stayed here for a recent business trip. The location is about a mile off I-26 on University. The area immediately behind the hotel is working class residential and University itself is mostly low-rise retail.

My room was a 2-queen suite which was a single room but it was huge and might be a good choice for families. The room had a wet bar area with a small fridge and microwave. The beds were firmly comfortable although the pillows were just little squares. The TV only got 30 channels (including HBO) and just a scant few of those were in digital/hi-def. There is complimentary wired and wireless internet and I found the speeds typical for a hotel (1.5 mbs-ish).

There is a free breakfast, but it is typical of the genre - pre-made eggs, and meat, a make-it-yourself waffle station and various breads and cereals. Almost all of the dining options in the immediate area is fast-food, but you can drive down to Rivers Avenue, about 3 or so miles away, where you can find some better restaurants. It is a fair haul (about 30 minutes) to Charleston proper.

If you need to be in the immediate area, it is not a bad choice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 4959keeton
Norfolk, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Very clean, modern, and showy hotel in the Hampton brand at an affordable price. My boyfriend and I wanted to take a trip to Charleston for a long weekend, and the hotels downtown were way too expensive! This was a great bargain with free breakfast, and the accommodations were almost palatial given the location (30 min from downtown Charleston).

1 Thank Anna E