SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
Ranked #15 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed 4 March 2012

A standard suites hotel, with plenty of room in the accomodation and standard US breakfast....it was the front desk staff which made this place stand out. From the first welcome to the farewell three days later, they were professional, attentive and very pleasant. Factor in easy access to Charleston via the Interstate, and it's a great place to stay when visiting this lovely city.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
GM7535, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete a lovely review of your stay. Your gracious compliments and details of the hotel and staff are greatly appreciated. I will make sure to share your comments with my associates. I hope to welcome you and your family again soon.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

We had a very nice stay at the Springhill Suites Charleston North. The rooms are nice and comfortable. They had a very nice breakfast. The main problem we had was finding the place. If you don't have a GPS if is very difficult to find. We called the hotel and they told us which exit to take but at least at night if was difficult to locate.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

You are very kind with your compliments, and I truly appreciate them, although I would have wished that you had no difficulty finding us.. However, now that you know where we are, we hope to see you over and over, again.

I will share with you that our primary concern in selecting the hotel site, was avoiding any noise from the nearby interstate and Ashley Phosphate Road, both with very heavy traffic. I am happy to say, that we never ever get any traffic noise complains.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I was very pleased with this hotel except for the service I received. It was nicely decorated and clean. I felt it was a good price. However, we booked two separate rooms and when we arrived were told that we would only be.getting one. Apparently they overbooked. Huge disappointment.

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank lacey c

You are very kind with your compliments, and I truly appreciate them, although I would have wished that you had no disappointments.

Although we have tried to backtrack and find any records of your stay, we have been unable to do so just with the information from your comments. Please do reach out to me with details and I will be more than happy to look into this matter.

We take reservations very seriously at this hotel and we never purposefully overbook the hotel. Furthermore, as a Marriott hotel, we stand firmly behind our reservation guarantee. As long as a reservation was guaranteed to a valid credit card, should we for any reason fail to have your accommodations, we would cover your stay for the night at another hotel, as well as other considerations. Please do contact me, and if we failed you in any way, I will stand behind our guarantee.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My husband and I frequently stay at Marriott properties and we have seen it all. This SpringHill Suites is one of the nicest of many of the properties we have stayed at. We would definitely stay there again. The only suggestion I would give to them is to have more tables available in the eating area. It did not accommodate the breakfast crowd well.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
GM7535, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

I want to thank you for the very kind words. I will make sure to share your comments with my associates, and I am happy to share with you that it means a lot to them to know that their efforts are recognized.

With respect to the breakfast area, indeed there are times we could use more seating. The design concept was that the highest volume would be experienced during milder climate and the outside space would be used as well. We are looking at ways to increase capacity, without altering the esthetics of the space and we thank you for your forbearance.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

The room was nice,clean,contempary setting, but the bed was terrible! You could feel every spring! And that can make the difference of your stay! The doors of every room down the hall would slam shut so you heard them all close! I believe thats because they were all handicapped entry doors. They should adjust them to close easier! The staff was GREAT! very friendly and helpful! The breakfast was average,but good.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

You are very kind with your compliments, and I truly appreciate them, although I would have wished not to have disappointed you with our beds. That is truly regrettable since we deliberately opted for beds that far exceed Marriott minimum standards. In fact we have other guest comments that compliment our beds.

We will however review all our beds and ask for a visit from the manufacturer to ascertain if we have any damage to beds that may account for your perception.

I thank you for bringing the issue to my attention.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Nice room layout, great sheets and towels, comfy bed and pillows, inroom fridge, breakfast offered everything our group of 7 wanted, very pleasant people with helpful info. We will certainly go back anytime we need a place in or near Charleston!

Room Tip: we were in 223 and 225 which were quiet
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 February 2012

This hotel was the nicest ive stayed in in a LONG time! Unlike some hotels that show pictures and they arent really what they look like, this hotel is EXACTLY what they look like which was fantastic! the customer service, breakfast, rooms, atmosphere were excellent! i love how you got to chose what pillows you wanted, what floor, and if you wanted to be near the elevator or not. i will definatly stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
GM7535, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

You are very kind with your compliments, and I truly appreciate them. I will make sure to share them with my associates. I would want to point out however, that although we always strive to meet every request possible, there are times when we cannot guarantee things such as the location of the room, connecting rooms, etc. I assure you that should we ever disappoint with regards to specific requests, it is because it just was not physically possible to do so at the time.