SpringHill Suites Charleston North/Ashley Phosphate
Ranked #15 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Stay!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I spent our Labor Day weeked at this hotel. We have stayed at the Riverview location before, and had a great experience there, so we were curious and interested to see if this location lived up to the same standards as thier Riverview location.

When we arrived and checked in, the staff was very curteous and helpful. Our room was clean, and actually smelled clean. We noted there were several clean and wrapped glass cups, (not plastic) in the room-2 at the bathroom sink and 2 at the sink by the mini fridge. We also noted the shampoo and conditioner was Paul Mitchell, which I greatly appreciated! The room temperature controls worked very well, and we had no issue with that. The wifi seemed to work great until the last night of our stay, and I was booted off twice, then suffered severe lagging issues. I attempted to call the front dest once, but I didn't get an answer. I assumed it was because other guests were calling regarding the issue as well, but noted within 2 hours the wifi seemed to go back to normal and worked well. The beds were not as comfortable as I have had before, however, they were not bad or rock hard, so I was able to sleep well. The hotel is located is a more secluded area from Ashley Phosphate and the interstate, and was surprisingly peaceful and quiet. Not sure why previous guests talked about chickens crowing at dawn because we did not hear anything like that the whole time we were there.

As for the staff-I feel they genuinely strive to give great customer service. The following morning after our check in, I stopped at the desk and asked if housekeeping could leave a little extra conditioner since my hair tends to soak it up after playing in the ocean and being out on the beach all day. Well, they exceeded my request-they wanted to be sure I had plenty, so they left more than enough bottles of both shampoo and conditioner. Granted, this may seem pety to some, but the ladies out there who are particular about their hair will understand. I feel this is a reflection of how this staff values their guests.

The breakfast was great-it wasn't as grand as the Riverview location, but it was a good breakfast. We had waffles, oatmeal, eggs, sausage patties, muffins, toast, English muffins, cheese, cereal, 2 different types of yogurt, (Oikos Greek and Light n Fit), some fresh fruit, juice, milk, coffee and tea. My only questionable thing would be regarding the "weekday" breakfast. We checked out on Monday, but there was no waffle maker set up, which I thought was a little odd. However, I appreciated the fresh fruit selection that was offered.

Over all, this was a great stay, and we will gladly stay here again on one of our many future trips to Charleston and Folly Beach.

2 Thank tbower0214

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Really enjoyed our stay at this location. We stayed for 3 days and didn't want to leave. This place is absolutely beautiful. The staff were very friendly and helpful with directions. The breakfast was surprisingly good with many choices, and real eggs too! Nice dining area and was always very clean. Our double bedroom suite was very clean with it's cozy decor..Nothing to complain about at all. Lovely stay and will definitely be back whenever we are in Charleston.
Wanted to mention that there are plenty of restaurants and shopping close by. Thanks everyone for a job well done!

1 Thank RealTalk56
Hickory Flat
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Located within 1/2 mile of Charleston's largest Shopping Mall. Plenty of restaurant's very close.

Hotel is very clean with spacious lobby and breakfast area. Hotel staff from check in to maids and maintenance very friendly and helpful.

Especially helpful was an employee named Laquana. I believe she is Head of Housekeeping.

It was such an enjoyable stay that we chose to spend another night rather than check out and move to downtown Charleston.

1 Thank papajackp
Glen Allen, VA.
Reviewed 24 August 2013

When our airbnb property turned out to be a disaster, we booked a night in the Hampton Inn to regroup and decide where to go next. It was nice, and a comparable chain to Spring Hill Suites, and we would have been happy to stay there but Spring Hill Suites was offering a rate that was $15 cheaper, and the room had a living room in addition to the sleeping area! We took it and were very pleased with our stay. Probably the only complaint I would have is that one day the housekeeping staff neglected to clean our room. Other than that the room was very nice, clean, beds very comfortable, the breakfast was good, even the coffee was pretty decent! I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a reasonably priced yet still very nice hotel in North Charleston. We did not find the 20 minute drive to the Historic Downtown a problem at all, especially when you consider the prices of those downtown hotels!

1 Thank Beth H
Norfolk, Virginia, EEUU
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at this comfortable, well-run hotel. The room layout is better at this SpringHill than others in this brand. The breakfast was packed - and for good reason: Good food. Fresh strawberries, real scrambled eggs, etc. Hope to see more SpringHills like this one!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Mightyherc
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The staff at this hotel should travel the country and train others in the service industry on how to create an unbelievable guest experience. Every person we encountered had a smile, kind word and upbeat attitude. I would absolutely stay there again and I would absolutely recommend to anyone!

1 Thank Michael W
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I book 2 nights at SpringHill in North Charleston and loved it. I wanted to stay downtown at the same time wanting to see the Charleston area. The hotel was in a great location: 15 minutes from downtown, 3 minutes from Tanger Outlet, about 10 minutes from the airport, 1 mile from a Walmart (even though there is a Walmart at Tanger), lots of fast food restaurants on the main road (around the corner, walking distance) and 20 minutes from some of the plantations that I visited. It is right off interstate 26 but tucked in a corner where I didn't see nor hear cars from the hotel. The staff members were nice, friendly, and helpful.
This hotel was very comfortable, clean, had a kitchenette, and had a nice free breakfast set up. The only not so good thing was the pool, postage stamp size. But I didn't go for the pool my kids did (they got over it because they had free Wi-Fi)..

1 Thank Marcia H