“Great Experience”

Ranked #15 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

The friendly and efficient staff deserves gold stars! “Mama”, Director of First Impressions, is a perfect choice for her position. Hearing her friendly and energetic greetings was a great way to start the morning. She definitely put a smile on my face as I drank my morning cup of coffee. Kenya, at the front desk, was quite courteous and helpful. Thanks Jennifer, in the kitchen, for providing a good breakfast. The oatmeal was just right. The rooms were clean and spacious. LaQuana, in housekeeping, did an excellent job.

You can’t beat the quality of the hotel for the price. Clean spacious rooms, free in-room wireless internet access, continental breakfast are great amenities.

Truly, “Mama”, Kenya, LaQuana, and Jennifer made the difference! Great job ladies!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

Excellent hotel!
I wrote before a review and I said the only minor problem I found was the non-working fan in the bathroom but then I found it's working and it's noiseless! :-)

Everything else is great: staff friendliness and helpfulness, great spacious clean rooms, modern appliances, good breakfast, quietness.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: front part of the hotel for nicer view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

This weekend several of my family members and myself went to Charleston for a Girl's Weekend. We had originally booked another hotel through a third party website, which turned out to be a horrendous experience. The hotel was not what was advertised so we had to find another location and fast. Lucky for us SpringHill Suites was right around the corner! We were greeted by the wonderful front desk associates with smiles. Two very special ladies, LaQuana and Shemika, helped turn the horrible experience we had at the first hotel into a remarkable one at theirs. They went above and beyond and provided us with what was by far the best customer service experience I have ever had.
The service was not the only highlight of our stay with SpringHill Suites. We found the hotel to be clean, nicely decorated, and safe. The rooms are spacious and well accommodated with comfortable beds and pillows that I found myself pining for on my return home. Their breakfast buffet was a perfect start to our morning and we met a wonderful woman who asked us all to call her "Mama" and went out of her way to make all the guests feel welcomed. She was an absolute delight to meet and brightened our morning.
The hotel itself is a great place to stay, but the people who work there is what will bring us back for what I hope are many more getaways to Charleston. To the staff of SpringHill Suites, thank you for making this trip such a joyful experience, and we hope to return very soon!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

After a horrifying third party vendor booking experience, my family vacation was turned around by the best customer service at this location. LaQuana and Shemeika helped us make arrangements and were incredibly polite! During breakfast (which is complimentary and delicious) we had the privilege to meet another member of the Springhill Suites staff who goes by Mama. The name fits! She took care of us and made us feel at home. My experience at this establishment has by far been the best customer experience and stay ever! My family and I will continue to stay at this location for all future visits. Good food, good rates, and amazing staff!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Melissiaab
Palo Alto, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Our room at the Springhill Suites was very large, clean and everything in it appeared new. The bed was comfortable with clean, fresh linens. The bathroom was also spotless, with modern fixtures that all worked well. The hotel is back a bit from the freeway so we had no traffic noise. An occasional airplane flying overhead was apparent; the hotel is pretty close to the airport and a military airfield.

The layout of the room was a bit awkward. There was a couch in a sitting area that was separate from the bedroom. The television was placed to be visible in both areas, meaning that it could not be viewed very well from either area.

The hotel had a nice exercise room. Breakfast was about normal for this class of hotel; a variety of cereals, muffins and toast, a little fruit and some scrambled eggs and sausage/bacon.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank swj
Jordan, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

From the reviews, and the year it was built (2009), I was kind of expecting more from this property. When I walked in the lobby area was modern and appeared well maintained and clean. The staff was nice and check-in went smoothly. They had a free breakfast in the morning and free coffee 24 hours a day which was nice. I think I was mostly off-put by the room itself and the cost of their convenience items ($7.00 for a cup of soup and a water.) The room was pretty rundown and worn. The walls had chipping paint, scuffs and the carpet, couch, and desk didn't seem that clean. The worst part was probably when I woke up; I had several spider bites on my feet which really really grossed me out. Overall it was okay, not as comfortable as I was hoping for. It is in a good location and the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Amy J
Watkinsville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Cool modern room with high ceilings. Couch in room wasn't too comfortable. Bed slept well. Close to highway to Charleston. Good breakfast. For the money it was ok. We stayed in the area because of a conference.

• Stayed October 2013