“Nothing but good !!!”

Ranked #22 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Houston, Texas
“Nothing but good !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2011

To be honest with you I was a little shy about staying here after reading other reviews on Trip Advisor.
However my experience was nothing but "Grade A" customer service.
I was checked in quickly and the front desk agent was quite informative.
The hotel is almost new and very modern in design. in fact it was beautiful.

It was easy to get to and close to the freeway.

Rooms are tastefully done in modern decor. I LOVED the bath rooms. there are no bathtubs but that was fine with me
They have showers that are done in tile with a adjustable shower head, bathrooms are quite large as well.
they have free wifi that's a plus for me.
They also had a little gift bag on the bed that contained linen spray, a sleeping mask and ear plugs a nice touch that I have not seen in any other hotel.
Room was clean and had flat screen TVs in high def with a good channel selection.
Very comfortable beds with lots of pillows.
Pool was great, also very clean and a great place to unwind after a long day with a drink.
The hotel is right across the street from a Tanger Outlet shopping center.
Tons of places to eat if you don't want to use room service.

The hotel was VERY close to the Airport as well and had a free shuttle.
I found the staff to be VERY helpful and nice. no one was rude as stated in other reviews
I have nothing bad to say about this place.

Room Tip: I booked via Price Line and got a GREAT rate
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank borgoutpost

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

I booked this hotel through Priceline and got a good rate. I would highly recommend the upgrade to Club Level. The perks including continental breakfast was well worth it. The Concierge in the Club Lounge ensured we had a great time in Charleston with the recommendations of tours and restaurants. In fact, the staff throughout the hotel were extremely helpful. Give it a try!

• Stayed September 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

After a long day of travel from the west coast, this hotel was perfect! only a few easy to find minutes from the airport, this hotel has a great staff, wonderful open area bar and restaurant with wonderful southern food. The rooms are very well decorated, much more so than I would have expected. This hotel is a great way to start my vacation in South Carolina. Well done!

Stayed in room 340, checked out on 9/30/2011.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

I just came back from my stay in Charleston and this hotel was great.From the time i checked in until i left i had nothing but great customer service.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Duval Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza over labor day weekend for 3 days. We book a 2 queen executive room. It was located on the first floor. The room was decent looking with flat screen TV, mini fridge, microwave. First the good; It's in a very nice location, had a nice bar area, and parking was pretty decent. Now the bad; The hotel is not sound proof on any level. You hear every door slam, TV show, and conversations of other guest. If you are a light sleeper don't stay there. Day 1: When we first entered our room we noticed a very dirty bathtub we reported it they sent someone to clean it promptly but when he left he still didn't clean it good. My husband actually went ahead and cleaned it himself. We also noticed the microwave (1980's style) was missing a knob we reported this issue nothing was done about it. After we resolved the tub issue we tried to use the toilet only to discover it was broken. We reported the issue then went out for a couple hours came back toilet was still broken don't know if they tried to fix it or not. My husband once again resolved issue himself and knew how to rig toilet to flush but it still ran all night had to keep door closed. At this point I wanted to leave but was afraid of paying a fee for leaving early because I booked on my credit card in advance. Day 2 we left hotel around 11 am didn't come back until around 7pm to our surprise when we arrived back the room it hadn't been cleaned. We called down and left to go to dinner when we arrived back we could tell someone came in and hastily and sloppily made the beds, they left no new towels, and nothing was cleaned or vacuumed. Day 3 I woke up early called down trying to get room service I was placed on hold for an extended period of time I finally got tired and hung the phone up we ended up just going to breakfast I don't know why I thought level of service would improve actually. When we came back to the room once again very late in the day we noticed it was hastily cleaned again no surfaces cleaned, nothing swept or vacuumed, no towels. While we were lying in the bed the housekeeper came in around 4:30pm she actually said "oh, I wasn't done cleaning your room" (I think obviously) she then says "I'll just bring you some towels" she comes throws the towels on a chair and says "I've been here all day it's I'm tired I need to be getting off" so I guess that's why our room was never cleaned she had better things to do. This hotel had potential it needs better service overall. I see they have been awarded 4 star status for 2012 and the whole time I was there I was thinking who did they bribe for that. Ive been in motel 6's that were better than that. I travel a lot and stay in many hotels this by far was the worse.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank robinsmj
CathyMih, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this review, 17 September 2011
We apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your recent stay. We strive to ensure that each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know that your feedback is very important to us. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

The rooms were modern and really nice. Bathrooms were spacious and the rooms were clean. Lobby is open as is atrium so you can look down from your floor into the lobby/bar area. We got a deal for $99 per night. Its a classy place and there was nary a toenail clipping or stray hair in sight...didn't need to break out the black light and gets a 5 on the hibbety scale for nice beds and soft sheets.
Mostly business people and couples.

• Stayed March 2011
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

Very neat hotel close to shopping. If you are a priority club platinum member, ask for a room number 225, 325,425,525. This room is huge with a nice tub and separate shower. It also overlooks the pool.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business