“Very nice crowne plaza”

Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center
Ranked #20 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Right by the outlet mall and lots of places to eat. The hotel has a Hollywood regency feel the the decor

• Stayed: March 2012
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2012

Thank you for your review! We hope you got to enjoy some of that fabulous shopping that is close by and the lowcountry cuisine! Hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2012

The room was great with comfortable beds and clean smelling soap and shampoo. (I cannot tolerate perfume smelling ones offered by some hotel chains). My internet connect was fast and is always needed to complete my work at night. The restaurant was surprisingly good. My only issue is my room was on the 3rd floor around the open atrium and the noise level can be loud at times. I will definitely stay again but will request a room on the back hallway that is more quiet.

Room Tip: If you prefer quiet stay on the back hall away from the open atrium rooms. Otherwise all rooms are...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business

We appreciate your kind review of our hotel! It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed our ammenities and will be returning to stay with us. We look forward to having you stay again!

Reviewed 24 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel March 21-25 and had an awesome experience. The hotel is beautiful inside. Our room was so clean, stylish and comfty! It's minutes from downtown and across the street from tanger outlets. Although it was at the airport, we rarely heard planes - so noise was not an issue.

The only negative thing I could comment on was ONE (1) morning the staff was unprepared for the large onset of customers for breakfast - but, hey, that could happen to anyone, right?! The food however was great - and the staff was very accommodating.

I would highly recommend this hotel - and would stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your review of our hotel and hope to have you back in with us soon! Hopefully you got to enjoy some of that conveniently close shopping!

Reviewed 23 March 2012

I was at the hotel for a conference, and so was only in the lobby and conference areas. I never saw the rooms. However, the hotel was very clean and very updated, as if it has recently undergone a major renovation. The conference facilities were very accomodating, with some of the most comfortable chairs I have experienced at the many conferences I have attended.

My expectations of southern cuisine is always higher than everywhere else, so, I am admittedly a little harder on the south in this regard. CP did ok, but, I was not blown over; and especially by the cookies and the sweet tea. In both cases, they did not exactly hit the mark. You should never go to the south and have to complain about the sweet tea or fried chicken!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 March 2012

It far exceeded my expectations. I had a hotel voucher via United so I wasn't expecting to be placed in a newly renovated hotel. The hotel was recently redone last year or so and it looks really good. The lobby area is spacious and the hotel has a boutique-like ambiance. The rooms have modern, tasteful decor and a nicely revamped bathroom with a spacious shower and classic subway tiled walls. I liked the ornate towel holder ring above the toilet....very Charlestonesque!

The hotel is across the street from the Tanger Outlet. There is a free shuttle that totes you to/from airport. Also the shuttle will take you into downtown Charleston for $10 each way if you happen to get stuck at the hotel with no rental car.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank cupcakelady
Reviewed 15 February 2012

The good:
Location- Very easy to get to from the airport. Lots of restaurants and shopping well within walking distance.
Courtesy Shuttle- The shuttle took our group to a restaurant about 10 min north and picked us up with little delay.
Breakfast- I was part of a 100+ group and we were all given breakfast vouchers for our stay. For the price, it wasn't too bad. Very basic. Eggs, french toast, bacon, sausage, grits, etc. Unless it was under $7, I would not pay for it.
Lobby- We had a large group. The lobby was spacious enough for most people to gather without any crowding.
Room- The beds were comfortable. The bathroom was nice.

The Bad:
NOISE! This place is loud and the walls are paper thin. The bar is right in the middle of the hotel and you can see it from the top floor. Everything echoes. I am a very deep sleeper and did not get a single sleepless night due to the fact that you could hear conversations from the people at the bar, no matter what floor you were on. I could hear the person in the next room snoring. The door also had very large gaps everywhere.

Bottom Line:
Bring some earplugs. The primary purpose of a hotel is to get some sleep. Get some soundproofing and move the bar and it would have been a much more pleasurable experience. Head next door to the Fairfield Inn & Suites next door for a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Stay away from the center section. There are two wings. Get as far away from the bar as possible.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Jason C
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

We regret to read about your recent experience at our hotel. There is never an excuse for a less than enjoyable stay with us. Please accept our apologies that what you experienced did not meet your standards or our own. We hope you return to our hotel on your next visit to the Charleston area; we value your opinions and business and want to share with you the 4-Diamond experience we know we are capable of.

We do apologize for the noisiness that you experienced during your stay. We take the quiet enjoyment of our hotel very seriously and make every effort to have our guests cooperate. Please know that your comments will be reviewed with our management team so we may find ways to make improvements. We sincerely hope you will consider a future stay so that we may provide you with a stay that you deserve.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

This is a beautifull hotel. Newly renovated if I didn't know any better I would think I was in the white house.

• Stayed: April 2011
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Thank you so much! We strive to provide our guests with an excellent experience! Hope to see you again soon!