“looks good online”

Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center
Ranked #20 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed 16 December 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Anthony H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Reviewed 26 November 2013

For the amount of money I paid for a one night stay, the room did not have a microwave. The bedroom room and the sitting area was not separate for the room to be called an executive suite. I stayed on the first floor and there was a stale smell in the hall way. The smell was not in the room. I just settle for what I got since I was staying only one night and my mother would not let me complain to management. But I was not satisfied. The shade was broken. The service man just a make shift fix.

The good thing is it is located in a super shopping and food area.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Thank you for letting me know of your recent experience with the Crowne Plaza Charleston. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to do so and I apologize for disappointing you in any way. It is our goal to consistently provide the best quality of service and feedback such as yours allows us to target problem areas and take the steps needed to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times with both my family and by myself. It's easy to get to, close to outlet shopping, and overall I've had very nice stays here. In fact, we will be staying here during the upcoming holidays and we are very much looking forward to it. The staff is always very pleasant and my experience is that they go above and beyond. I find that in reviews, you have to take many (even the good ones) with a grain of salt because not everyone has the same level of expectation and people are more apt to submit a bad review than a good one. I wanted to make sure that I made it known that we've always had a wonderful stay without a single complaint.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel! We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you had a great experience. I will be sure to share your comments with our team as I am sure they will appreciate the acknowledgement as well. We look forward to having to stay again on your next trip to Charleston!

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was the last of our hotels during my birthday celebration! And we definitely saved the best for last! I loved everything about CP! The price, location, ambiance, front desk staff and even the ducks wandering out front of the hotel was awesome! The rooms are very spacious. The beds were comfortable. The front desk staff went above and beyond to accommodate us. I have stayed in a lot of hotels, but the front desk staff was the most courteous ever! You can't go wrong with this location. I will definitely stay again and gladly recommend to others!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2013

If you like to party like a rock star, look no further... you will feel like you are partying in the skies because you can literally hear the planes landing and taking off right above your head. If you look up, you will feel like Superman with his super vision because you will be able to read the name of the airline on the plane itself and even count the windows. Just across the street is a nice sea of interstate highway buzz, which complements the sounds of the airplanes. The hotel itself adds the best element of all. Miss Carolyn M. (the front desk staff) will make sure your hotel experience fits in well with the location when she roles her eyes and stare you down like she is ready to take your toothbrush and scrub the toilet with it when you leave your room. Some people pay extra to get this type of customer service. Which makes me wonder, we booked this hotel when every available hotel in Charleston was completely booked and they had lots of availability? Hmmm... better be sure you hide your toothbrush.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

I am deeply sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. Your comment regarding the Front Desk staff rolling her eyes will be addressed; this type of behavior is not acceptable at the Crowne Plaza Charleston. The hotel staff prides itself in treating our guests as if they were Rock Stars; however, we do not condone partying like a Rock Star. We have been told that there has been an increase in the amount of C-17's activity in the area as part of the humanitarian relief effort for the Philippines. Large amount of airplanes flying by is not a typical day. There are some planes that fly by during the day, but we seldom receive noise complaints.
Mark Mitchell
General Manger

Reviewed 15 November 2013

The Crowne Plaza is in the midst of the retail district in North Charleston, near the airport. Ambiance in the neighborhood is lacking but this is clearly the top choice of the many hotels in the area. Service is good, the rooms generously sized and innovatively designed and the amenities what you would expect from a four-star property. If you are in Charleston for an overnight or perhaps to attend an event at the nearby concert and sports venue, this hotel will be a treat.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is an excellent hotel for the business traveler to North Charleston. The location provides good access to major roads and is located near the airport; traffic was never a problem for me. It is also located across the street from a typical outlet mall which also has a variety of mid-line restaurants. Everything is a chain shop / restaurant so it is a far cry from downtown Charleston.

The hotel is fairly new and is a modern design. It is very well maintained and kept clean. The rooms are spotless and roomy; again, very well laid out for the business traveler or a couple but not as convenient for families with children. I only had the continental breakfast each day instead of the full hot breakfast. I found it more than adequate as it had things like fresh fruit and greek yogurt instead of prepackaged vendor items.

Overall, this is an excellent place to stay if you have business in North Charleston, but the location is not so good if you are a tourist visiting Charleston.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Hollydawn, Manager at Crowne Plaza Charleston Airport Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for the review. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Charleston. Your positive remarks will be passed on to the staff.

Mark Mitchell