Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center
Ranked #12 of 60 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I had a training in N. Charleston, S.C. and the agency booked me at Fairfield Inn. I have never stayed at a Fairfield Inn before and didn't know what to expect. The desk clerk was nice and check in was a breeze. The room was great...it was clean and comfortable. Having an outlet across the street and over 13 restaurants in the area was an added bonus. Every evening from 6:00-9:00 was happy hour where they provided free wine and beer and light snacks. The breakfast was great (typical of what you'd find at any hotel breakfast) and the internet was fast.

Room Tip: Any room you get is a great room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Dawn W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport. I hope that you are able to stay with us again on your next training visit to Charleston.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We loved staying at this hotel! Modern decor, intimate boutique hotel feel without the pretension- super nice, welcoming staff. Tommy was especially wonderful, even recommended a late-nt Italian place that delivered on New Years Eve & took a personal interest in us as guests. The breakfasts were delicious, business center with whatever you need, huge tv in the lobby to watch Bowl Games and socialize with other guests. And one of the best things is the Manager's reception in a little lounge area where we got free beer and wine for a few hrs on a weeknight while watching tv and chatting with others and the bartendress, ended at 7:30p, perfect, and we could take a glass up to our room. The gaggle of Muscovy ducks who wander the property were friendly and very interesting! The room was like all Fairfield rooms, outstanding, spotless, a bar area with microwave and fridge - we felt "high-class" in an extremely economical room. I needed a thin pillow because I forgot to bring mine and they brought me one immediately. My companion also got a toothbrush with a smile from the front desk when he realized he forgot his. This place is for real people, good people, and is far above "average". (I'd recommend any snooty types just cruise on downtown to the fancy-schmancy places.) I can see this place being awesome for business travelers, as our stay was partly for business. The Tanger Outlet is a stone's throw away making this hotel the perfect place to stay for those major shopping excursions - I had a hard time dragging my friend away and he's one who hates malls! Once I did it took us 15 min, to get to the City Market downtown before a short trip to Folly Beach where we had a delicious dinner at a raw bar, Charleston glistens even in pouring rain! Jan. 1, 2014 may well end up being the best day of the year for us, and this hotel made sure that would be possible. We'll be back next New Year's!

Room Tip: If I had to list something, I'd guess I'd recommend the Tanger Outlet end of the hotel for m...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sooshnjoi

The Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport Team thanks you for such a heartfelt reivew! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a New Year's Eve to remember! Lots of our guests are surprised when they arrive and learn we have an Evening Manager's Reception where they can have beer, wine and snacks....all complimentary! I am happy to hear you were able to enjoy this amenity. I look forward to welcoming you on your next stay with us.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We got a good deal on this hotel through Trip Advisor and Expedia. The hotel is impeccable. From the lobby to the room, it is clean and immaculate. My wife and I stayed here during a road trip. We wanted to see more of downtown Charleston, but the rates for that area were outrageous. This was a good price, it was right next to the outlet mall, and it was only a short drive to downtown. We were pleasantly surprised when we were told that they had a complimentary happy hour with beer and wine. Definitely a plus for us. They also have breakfast, but we missed it because we slept in. The room was great and we slept like babies.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport. I am so pleased to hear that you and your wife had a comfortable and relaxing stay wtih us. I hope that on your next visit you will be able to enjoy our full hot breakfast buffet. I look forward to meeting you soon!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Stayed here as a marriott rewards club member. We were welcome into the hotel by Kristen at the front desk. She was very kind and helpful and gave us all the necessary information during check in. Our room was spacious, but did have a smell of wet carpet...maybe they just cleaned it? Other than that the room was fantastic and the staff makes this property even better.

My boyfriend and I enjoyed happy hour later in the evening after a day filled with shopping. What girl would complain about being right across the street from the Tanger Outlets ESPECIALLY on black friday?? DEALS DEALS DEALS! :) The young lady who served us gave us excellent recommendations for dining around the area.

Hats off to you all. And happy holidays, we loved the decorations too!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MKM4991

Thank you for staying with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport. We have many great features, one of them being located within a few short steps of Tanger Outlet Shopping Center. And what a better time to stay and enjoy...BLACK FRIDAY! Thank you for the wonderful feedback on Kristina, I will be sure to share you comments with her. I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to to area.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Let me start by saying that I thought the stay was average, not terrible or terrific, just average. Having said that I would add that I will most likely not be returning to this hotel during my next visit to Charleston because there are too may other hotels bending over backwards to win my business.

Check-In: The front desk clerks were all very pleasant and helpful but upon check-in I like to be acknowledged as a Rewards member and told if I am being upgraded or not. The hotel was no that full yet I was not offered an upgrade or told why I was not. Maybe there are no upgraded rooms in this hotel but I wasn't told anything and that always bugs me. Most may not mind but this is one of my pet peeves.

The Room: The room was clean for the most part outside of the bathroom. The caulking around the tub was dirty and/or moldy (see picture). This did not give one a great feeling about using the tub. I certainly wouldn't take anything other than a shower, that's for sure. The shower curtain was hung up with most of the hooks unhooked (see picture). This just tells me that the cleaning staff do not take the extra time necessary to provide an exceptionally clean room. They most likely just do enough to provide a minimally acceptable room. I don't give a 4 or 5 rating unless hotels go above and beyond average. At least take an extra minute to hook up the shower curtain properly.

Pool Area: The hotel did not have a hot tub but looked like it may have had one at one time. Looks like they are following many other hotels in removing their hot tubs. In any event, I have not given any 5 ratings for hotels that don't have hot tubs. I feel that not having one or removing one is just taking the easy and cheap way out and doesn't put the customer first. Go above and beyond and get a hot tub!

Arrival: When I arrived at the airport I called for a shuttle and was told to just go outside and wait on the curb by the shuttle sign. I did this and had to wait about 20 minutes for a shuttle to finally arrive. Not a good way to make a good first impression. It would have been better to tell me that it would be 15-20 minutes when I called to better manage my expectations. When I called they told me that it would be by shortly. I don't consider 20 minutes a short period of time.

Breakfast: The hotel did offer breakfast in the morning and a manager's reception at night and both were on par with what one would expect. They were your basic offerings the same as all the other hotels that offer free breakfast (waffles, eggs, bagels, juice, coffee, etc,,,) and beer and wine with some chips or pretzels for the receptions. Once again the word that comes to mind is average.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. With each guest we strive to ensure that they are 100% satisfied during their stay. I thank you for your feedback on your recent visit and look forward to your stay again in the future.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

this hotel has awesome Jacuzzi suites. After traveling for 8 hours my back hurts sometimes. So its great to relax in one of these. I was very pleased with the hotel in general. The staff is great and the rooms are nice. I will stay there again on my next business trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport and most importantly, thank you for your feedback! One of our many great features includes our Jacuzzi Suites and I am happy that you were able to relax and enjoy it while you were with us. I am looking forward to meeting you on your next visit to Charleston.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

My wife and I spent one night here and it was very clean and comfortable. Airport shuttle stops running after ten so you may need to cab it if you get in late. Extra bonus outlet malls are right across the street.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dawn W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor and share your clean and comfortable experience with everyone. I am happy that you and your wife enjoyed the hotel. We look forward to hosting you on your next stay.