Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center
Ranked #8 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Miami, Florida
“Awesome Stay!”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Kristina was very professional and Muffy made me feel like I was home. The month flew by and I would stay here again. Muffy went out of her way to make us feel special. She ordered pizzas for our last night and when the weather was too gross to go out. We even made her our Valentine. Great stay! Even better staff!

Stayed February 2014
Dawn W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you for allowing us to be your home away from home on your recent trip to Charleston. I am happy to hear that Kristina and Muffy were able to go out of their way to make you feel at home. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Charleston.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 26 February 2014

While at Fairfield inn Suites hotel, I enjoyed the gallantry and customer-driven service perfection, a person deserves in a 5 star hotel. I enjoyed dearly the attention most people at the hotel provided, specially Ms. Muffy Morris. Sales and Marketing coordinator, Ms. Morris made the stay at the Fairfield inn as if being back home. Overall, Fairfield inn is a top notched place to stay and second to none of its caliber. If you are looking for a real good place to stay, either on vacation, business or pleasure, please check Fairfield Inn suites Charleston South Carolina.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us on your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport. Muffy has done an excellent job and we are lucky to have her on our team ensuring that each of our guests enjoys their stay. I will share your comments and feedback with Muffy and the rest of my team. I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Charleston.
Lower Keys, Florida
Reviewed 17 February 2014

First stay at this Fairfield. Much better experience than in the North Charleston facility near CSU. Staff went above and beyond during my stay which required multiple room changes due to my husband's needs postop. Very clean, well maintained appears to have been recently updated. The hotel was full but I always felt the staff to be very helpful and not stressed. Thanks for making a less than exciting stay in CHS less stressful

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dawn W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and our staff was able to go out of their way to take care of and your husband while you were here. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Charleston.
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We spent 1 night at the Fairfield Inn and Suites and were pleased with the accommodations. The hotel is located in a safe area with a plethora of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. The front desk and wait staff were all very courteous and our room was very clean and tidy. The continental breakfast was very impressive and included an assortment of eggs, biscuits and gravy, bagels, cereals, fruit, and waffles. The bed was decent and the room was very large complete with a mini-fridge and microwave. The hotel prices in this area are usually a bit higher than other places, but this hotel was a great value for the money spent.

Room Tip: There are no rooms which have a great view, but the rooms to the back of the hotel stare directly in...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dawn W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. I appreciate all of the feedback and hope to see you again on a future visit to Charleston.
Denver
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed seven nights at this property that was conveniently located near interstates, outlet shopping and restaurants. Overall I give the property a high score because the things that were right were more important than the things that were "wrong". Upon check in and after our first morning we reported that the shower was draining slowly and there was mold in the tub caulking. Both of these things were fixed by the time we returned that evening. We did report seeing a crawly critter when getting off the elevator. We did not see any other such things, so I don't believe there is a pest problem. The other right things are the people are both friendly and helpful. The breakfast attendant looked up to see if the eggs they use had any wheat in them (they do), so that was appreciated. Muffy was our hostess at happy hour one evening and she deserved the generous tip we left. She is funny, engaging, and a perfect person for that job. The area was experiencing a rare ice storm and our sightseeing was interrupted for two full days of our stay, so we spent time in the common area playing cards. The evening socials were appreciated. I liked both the red and white wines that were served. My two negatives are the one day that the ice had interrupted our departure and so I decided to sleep in. There was a very noisy male flirting and carrying on with the female that was supposed to be cleaning rooms. I finally had to get up and open my door to see what all the noise was about. He must have left shortly after that because the hall was once again quiet. I'm a dust snob, so I noticed that the shelf holding a vase to the left of the big screen tv was harboring a great deal of dust. This was only noticeable to me because I was looking for a remote and happened to check this shelf. The common area drinking fountain across from the meeting rooms, the higher one, not the handicap one, needs some serious attention as there seems to be a black substance around the water spout. These behaviors and attention to detail are not usually representative of Marriott, so that is probably why I noticed them. The workout room could use a bottle of cleaner for the equipment. I had to follow two really sweaty guys and the lack of air flow/ventilation was noticeable as well. I took one of the towels to the bathroom to get water to wipe down the machine I wanted to use. The beds were comfy and the linens were in good shape. The towels are absorbent and all seemed to be in good repair. We stayed in Room 410.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport. I greatly appreciate all of your feedback and comments, without them we can't strive to improve. I hope that you will come back and stay with us on your next visit so you can experience the improvements we have made. I will be certian to share your comments with Muffy!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I come to Charleston often for business. I chose this location for the first time due to my wife coming with me and while I was at work she could shop right across the street at the Tanger Outlets. Great shopping by the way! This hotel is very up to date for a Fairfield, I was very pleased with my stay. The front desk acknowledged that I was a Marriott rewards member. Give thanks to your front desk for the outstanding job they did. The breakfast was good. My wife had trouble with the waffle maker and the lady working breakfast was know where to be found. So once I came down for breakfast I helped her make another waffle. They ran out of plates as well (assuming that the lady working breakfast was still gone). Oh well, I still enjoyed my stay. I just suggest that the employees working in your breakfast department attend to there job a little better.

Room Tip: Great place to stay!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dawn W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Thank you for staying with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport on your recent business trip to the area. I am pleased to hear you wife also enjoyed shopping at Tanger Outlets which is located just outside of our driveway. I would also like to thank you for your feedback about breafast. We will continue to work with our morning staff to ensure that others don't experience the lack of service that you did. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit.
Richmond Hill, Georgia
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a great representation of the Fairfield brand. Comfortable rooms, decent breakfast, great customer service. This hotel is in a very convenient location if you are attending an event at the North Charleston Colliseum and is directly across from the Tanger Outlet mall and very close to MANY resturaunts with a great variety. The only negative is the rooms located in the third of the hotel nearest I-26 gets a good bit of road noise. It didn't keep us up at night, but you may want to ask for a room away from the interstate.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dawn W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Charleston and thank you for your feedback. We look forward to your next visit to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport.