Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center
Ranked #9 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed there for 2 week for business and the experience was great.The staff was very friendly and accommadating. The ammenties are great and so was breakfast. Great location, directly accross the street to Tanger Outlet and several resturants. I would definately stay there again!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Damian F
Dawn W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on the Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to hosting you on your next trip to the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Weddington, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn after seeing some questionable reviews concerning a pricey inn in the Historic District where we had made reservations. The property is moderately priced, clean and a great value only 8 miles from downtown Charleston. The FFI is also conveniently located if you are considering touring the several plantations outside of Charleston. So, if you want to maximize your dining and attraction dollars, consider saving a tidy sum on lodging without sacrificing your ability to enjoy all that Charleston has to offer. We're glad we did.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Robert R
Dawn W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center was enjoyable.

Aiken
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We ended up staying at this hotel because Travelocity messed up or reservations & this is the only hotel they could find for that particular weekend in such short notice. Anyway, there were 4 of us so I always try to book a room with at least 1 bedroom. I was assured that the room was a suite. Upon entering we were disappointed to say the least. There was an area where my husband I were to sleep, with a tv but the bed was comfy tho. There was a sofa bed in the entrance of the room for the kids and they had a tv also. When we convert the sofa to the bed, there was no room to move around. If my husband or I wanted to use the bathroom, we would have to let the bed up or crawl over with the kids in it or just hold it. Our space was so close when I would adjust the volume for my tv, the kids' tv would adjust also & vice versa. Our power button would shut their tv on/off also. When we checked into our room, 5 min later, a maintenance person came in and asked if we were having problems with the toilet to which we replied we didn't know we just checked in. Well, there were problems. The toilet wouldn't flush instead it would just fill up with water, & nearly overflow. The water would not go down. We called maintenance at least 5 different times & each time he plunged the toilet and left. Finally on the 6 th or 10th time ( I lost count), I asked the manager to just bring the plunger to our room and leave it. With 4 people in a room, we plunged a lot in 3 days. I was super aggravated. We were offered nothing for the inconvenience that our family endured. I would never stay at a faifield inn again. The only reason I rated it a 3 is because the staff was pleasant but there was no real customer service tho, otherwise this facility would have gotten a 1 or 2. I found out that my room was not a suite ( I don't know if they even have real suites!). I think we had a deluxe room. Staying there Fri-Mon was too long!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor Survey. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

My husband and I were celebrating our first anniversary in Charleston, and stayed one night. The check in man was very nice, and the property is clean and well maintained. I was blown away, however, by the gift bag and "Happy Anniversary!" sign left on our door with champagne, chocolates and eggs filled with "I.O.U's" for couples. I have never been made to feel so special. Thanks Howard! We will definitely see you next year!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Happy Anniversary! I am happy to hear you celebrated it with and Howard was able to make this a memorable year for you. We look forward to celebrating future years to come!
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed at the Fairfield on a recent trip to Charleston. The staff was wonderful, they were very helpful everyone we met couldn't have been more helpful. The beds were super comfortable. The evening social was wonderful. Downtown Charleston was a quick cab ride away. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dawn W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments about your recent stay. I hope to meet you on your next visit to the Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport!
Yonkers, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

On a recent visit to the College of Charleston, my sister, niece and I booked a room here as everything in town was booked solid. We were very pleasantly surprised. Right from the start, Walt at the reception desk greeted us with a smile and provided a great deal of information. Our room was clean and pleasantly decorated and the beds were very comfortable. Complementary breakfast, while not fancy, certainly did the trick for the 2 mornings of our stay. We loved that the Tanger outlets were in walking distance, and downtown Charleston was only 10 minutes away by car. We would certainly consider staying here again! Reasonable room rates too - ask for AAA discount!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dawn W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback! It is great to hear when an associate can make such an impact on a guests stay. I will be sure to share your comments with Walt an the rest of the team!
kingstree
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Excellent..The staff was very friendly from the moment I walked in. I have no complaints. I would stay at Fairfield every time I visit Charleston SC. The atmosphere in the city is inviting the people are very friendly.I just love everything about my vacation.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for sharing the feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and the staff service exceeded your expectations. I hope that you will make plans to travel to our hotel again on your next visit to the area.