“No Airport Shuttle After 10 pm”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center
Ranked #6 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This hotel is quite nice given the price. Staff are friendly and professional. Clean. My only complaint is that the hotel does not offer shuttle service after 10pm. I wish the management would reconsider this choice. There are other hotels in the area which offer shuttle service 24 hours per day so it seems as if adding the service would help this hotel compete. Service from the airport is $10.50 per person so by the time you add this extra charge, you could have stayed at a competitor. If you prefer to stay with Marriott it is too bad.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
SavannahMathesFFIS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear tdg926,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport, as well as other TripAdvisor travelers. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will use if for further improvements to the guest experience at our hotel.

I regret to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that we currently do not offer a 24-hour shuttle service and that it caused an inconvenience during your stay.

Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport.
Have a wonderful day!

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I don't know where to begin...I stayed here at the beginning of June to visit my daughter and newborn granddaughter. I was there with my three younger daughters and mother-in-law. The staff greeted us each morning with a "Good morning. Where are you heading today?" and greeted us each afternoon with a "How was your adventure?", and they cared about the answer. Breakfast was standard Fairfield which was great when traveling with so many people. The pool is small, but for 8 year olds it was fine. One day the pool was being cleaned, and they gave us access to the Residence Inn pool. The airport was next door, but the noise didn't disturb us. We spent a lot of time at the hotel, so at one point they were cleaning our room, so we had lunch in the restaurant area. The ladies there waited to do their cleaning in that room until we left, so we weren't bothered.

I really can't say how much we appreciated the staff, and although it isn't in downtown Charleston, I would choose this property next time I visited the area. Thank you so very much for the hospitality!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy L
Kristina G, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Amy L,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport, as well as other TripAdvisor travelers. We certainly appreciate your feedback as we continue to strive for 100% guest satisfaction.

I am happy to hear that you were satisfied with your entire experience, from check-in to check-out. I will be sure to share your comments with the team. They work very hard to ensure that every guest has a memorable experience.

Once again, thank you for the glowing review. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to Charleston!

Kristina Gilbert
Front Desk Supervisor

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed here for two nights and was surprised about how run down the hotel was. Although the staff was very nice there were many problems associated with our stay. First the room was dirty and there was hair in the bathtub when we checked in. Since we arrived at 10:30 with an 18 month old, we just sucked it up. Pieces of the towel rack feel to the floor when we touched it and the Jacuzzi tube was old and peeling. We were also surprised when we went to watch HBO for a show we watch and it wasn't available, despite that the website advertises it is and the in room TV lists it as well. This stay was definitely not worth the average of $200/night (taxes included) and we wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 413!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
SavannahMathesFFIS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Christopher H,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport. I regret to learn that your experience with us was less than satisfactory.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the condition of your room. As you can see from other reviews we have received on TripAdvisor, cleanliness is not a typical issue. Rest assured, I will relay your comments to our housekeeping and engineering departments to make sure issues like this do not happen again. I will also make sure that the TV channel listings in the rooms are updated with the correct channels, as well as our website. The room rates do tend to spike in the summer with so much leisure travel to the Charleston area. We do our absolute best to insure you receive the best experience, and because of your comments we are able to continuously improve upon our practices.

Thank you, again, for bringing these factors to our attention. We, as well as other TripAdvisor travelers, truly appreciate your feedback. We do hope that you will come back on any future visits to Charleston.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is what you expect of a Marriott nice beds and baths, keating and business areas. What differentiated this hotel from others was the exceptional customer service. Every day of our stay they helped us plan our day. On multiple mornings they helped point us to gems for some local chicken and biscuits or a country scramble (we skipped the free breakfast because we wanted eclectic stuff). During the days the provided information on the many local attractions plus available discounts. At night we explored the best restaurants in the region. Everyone was friendly and helpful but look for Walt who was the most willing participant.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Kristina G, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear NM66571,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport with other TripAdvisor travelers! We appreciate your delightful comments and are extremely happy that your stay with us was extraordinary.

Our number one goal here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites is guest satisfaction and I am glad we were able to deliver this to you during your stay. I am thrilled to share your comments with all of the staff here and I’m sure they will be just as pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you again for your wonderful review. We look forward to you returning upon your next visit to Charleston.

Kristina Gilbert
Front Desk Supervisor

Reviewed 2 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here and our daughter and 4 year old grandson visited for the afternoon. The desk clerk, Walt, called the room to tell us that he had some pool toys for our 4 year old swimmer. Very nice. He had a bag of toys to choose from. We had also originally booked a room with 2 queen beds and we asked to go into a King...no problem, switched. There were some planes going over the top low, but I like jet noise. Charleston is not a busy airport, so it is not like they are lined up 3 miles apart on final. No problem, really. I thought I would mention it, since this is the Fairfield at the Airport and they do fly very large Air Force cargo planes there. The rooms was clean and had a refrigerator. Great extra. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
SavannahMathesFFIS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear roulduke,

Thank you so much for the wonderful TripAdvisor review! I'm sure other travelers appreciate your comments as much as we do.

I am delighted to hear that your stay was enjoyable, and that Walt made it even more memorable ... especially for your grandson! I will be sure to relay your praises to him, as well as the entire staff. We strive to ensure every guest has a great experience with us, from our "extras" such as refrigerators, microwaves and coffee makers in every room to exceptional customer service.

Again, thank you for your kind words. We hope that you will stay with us again on any future visits to Charleston.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here to use the airport shuttle for a 6 AM flight out of Charleston's airport. When I was checking into hotel they told me the shuttle does not run until 7 AM. To handle this situation the Hotel Manager - Patti made sure I had a taxi paid by the hotel to take me to the airport. Totally awesome!

Stayed: July 2014
SavannahMathesFFIS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Tickletoes63,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport. I am delighted to hear that your stay was so enjoyable and that Patti was able to arrange your transportation to the airport. I will be sure to pass along your comments.

Once again, thank you for staying with us. We hope to host you on any future ventures to Charleston. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The front desk was awesome very attentive to every need.
Happy hour was an unexpected treat and Walt was exceptional.
Rooms were neat and clean
Breakfast was good not great
This was by far the nicest Fairfield I have stayed in.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ron S
SavannahMathesFFIS, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Ron S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us as well as other TripAdvisor travelers! I am happy to hear that your stay with us was so wonderful!

I read your comment to Walt, and he beamed with joy! He is truly passionate about ensuring guests enjoy their stay. I will be sure to post your comments in our hotel for all other associates to see.

Thank you, again, for your wonderful comments! We hope that you will visit us again on your next trip to Charleston!

smathes@hotelequities.com