All reviews m club the concierge lounge renovated hotel hurricane proof heading to the airport clothing storage opening night attractive lobby lifetime platinum mobile app front desk junior suite five star review public spaces bathroom lighting rooms are modern night light
Reviewed 2 November 2016

First let me say that every single staff person -- from the front desk to the restaurant to housekeeping, etc, were amazing and wonderful at their job. The people who made our experience less than what it should have been were Marriott's corporate bean counters. We were attending a reunion and my son was the only young person there. So when I looked online at the hotel I was thrilled to see a beautiful pool area and thought we would be able to take full advantage of that. On our first full day my son and I went down to the pool and were shocked that the water was so cold. When I asked an employee what it takes to get then to turn the pool heat on, I was told that there is no pool heat because company's position is that heated pools are unsanitary, I translate this as company speak for "Marriott is too cheap to pay for pool heat and proper maintenance of a heated pool." It was in the 80s and sunny the whole time we were there. The pool is in a heavily shaded area. So the water is probably that cold for at least half the year. We drove to the Isle of Palms and Folly Beach and the ocean water was considerably warmer than the hotel pool. At this price point, that is unacceptable.

The rooms and bathrooms were modern and very nice. Lots of places to hang clothes. Just one drawer. That was OK for us because my husband and son are comfortable living out of a suitcase but if I were traveling with my sister or one or two friends it would have been a problem. One great perk is that they provide a full size, powerful hairdryer, I have a lot of thick hair and left mine at home so that was a big bonus for me.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank mommyonthego66
ManagerX1, General Manager at North Charleston Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2016

Thank you for posting a review of your visit with us. We are pleased to read you enjoyed much of your stay, but we apologize for not meeting your expectations with the temperature of the pool. We hope you will come back to see us again so we can make your next stay outstanding!

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Wow, how did you do that? We were there more than 3 weeks ago and yet you erased all prior reviews.
From check in to check out we had nothing but problems. The staff was poorly trained at registration, really made up some strange stories. Our room was overheated, we could not get it cooled down. We called maintenance to the room and they made up some funny story about an infrared thermostat that shut off when you left the room. Even when we were there for hours on end, it never got cool. Perhaps we needed to jump up every hour so the infrared thermostat would detect our presence. We had friends on another floor, their room was like a refrigerator and could not get it warm.
We were in a hurry to leave and did not notice that there was not a bill under our door. I called the next week and the bill she emailed me does not match the CC charge. The also never rewarded us our Marriott points, that was just fixed today when I called.
The new rewards lounge was very nice, it was erratically stocked and the coffee machine broke.
The bar and restaurant were lovely but the staff just did not know what they were doing. They served my husband his beer after a long conversation and I waited 20 minutes to be waited on...they ignored me, we were sitting next to each other. After the first few minutes I let it drag on to see if they would realize their error but I finally had to speak up!!
I have left more out, too disappointed to continue this review.
I hope you are working out these kinks.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
ManagerX1, Manager at North Charleston Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip. We are extremely sorry that you had a negative experience here, and we assure you that all of your concerns are being taken seriously. We have no excuses to offer but we do extend our sincerest apologies and want you to know that we are making adjustments and working to deliver better hospitality going forward. Please consider staying at our hotel again in the future so you can experience the terrific service you should always expect from us, every visit.

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Let me start with saying that I love travelling with Marriott and have never had an experience like this in the past.
I booked this room with executive level access, which was never explained or offered upon check in, in spite of asking. Employees seemed not very well trained, not knowledgeable as to what they were offering, and not very interested in attempting to take the time out to find out what to do when a problem arose. Our AC was broke, and they didn't even know what to do when we called but put us on hold. I called to ask about our executive level access, and was put on hold 3 times, for total of about 1/2 hour, only to still have no answer. The girl had no idea what I was talking about and couldn't find anyone that knew what it was. They never mentioned a word of being a marriott rewards member the entire time. The breakfast folks ignored us sitting there for about 20 minutes before acknowledging we were there and saying they would be back, which took another 10 minutes. The actual breakfast was good, but there was no reason it couldn't just be set up as a continental and made more convenient. We were supposed to have executive level access, but when I asked for a third, all they said was that the door was broken so we could go in. I went in to find a few bowls of snacks that you were able to grab a handful of. Individual packages would have been much nicer. There was coffee/tea station in the lobby, but as I walked up to it, I was yelled at by one of the employees in the bell desk room that it was for them, and I wasn't allowed any.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
ManagerX1, Area General Manager at North Charleston Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2016

Rochelle, thank you for being a loyal Marriott guest and for taking time to evaluate your stay. We are truly sorry we did not live up to the standards you have come to expect from our brand. Your comments have prompted us to redouble training efforts so we can be sure to meet those high standards and not repeat what you experienced. We are committed to providing you with the best accommodations and service, and I apologize for falling short during this visit. We encourage you to try us again in the near future, as we are confident you will enjoy a better stay.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

I visited the property with another family as our boys were playing in a baseball tournament. Having recently re-branded and completely renovated this property they have certainly also enhanced the guest experience. From the housekeepers to the GM, this property has completely re-positioned and the attention to detail is superior. I would highly recommend and will certainly visit again. The proximity to the event center was perfect, a $6 Uber ride to watch opening night of the Stingrays...Wife is already searching for the next concert she can go see!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank 450jayw
ManagerX1, Manager at North Charleston Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2016

Thank you for the amazing review of North Charleston Marriott and for recommending us! We are thrilled we exceeded your expectations for an awesome experience and appreciate your remarks about our southern hospitality. We are also delighted to know you enjoyed our revamped property and that our location was perfect for your plans. Thanks for being our guest, and we look forward to seeing your family and friends very soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

North Charleston Marriott came to our rescue in light of hurricane Matthew. Our experience was enjoyable from start to finish. The staff was very accommodating and the guest rooms are modern and very spacious.
We also dined in the restaurant on the night that the hurricane was expected to hit our area. The food was delicious and the staff did all they could to provide a comfortable and very welcoming experience to all restaurant patrons. Andrea, the restaurant PM supervisor checked on us frequently with a smiley face to ensure that we had everything that we needed and asked for.

Thank you North Charleston for opening you doors for us during dire times!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Bibish68

Thank you for your awesome feedback! We are glad we could accommodate you and your family during the difficult time. It is rewarding to read that we were able to deliver a comfortable experience from the start to the finish, and how much you appreciated our southern hospitality. Thank you also for sharing your experience at our full-service restaurant and bar, HC Provisions. Our chef and the food service team, especially Andrea will be thrilled to read your praises. Everything we do is aimed at making our guests feel right at home, so your compliments truly made our day! Thanks again for staying with us, please come back and see us again.