All reviews m club the concierge lounge renovated hotel hurricane proof heading to the airport clothing storage opening night attractive lobby lifetime platinum mobile app front desk five star review junior suite fantastic property public spaces bathroom lighting rooms are modern
Reviewed 11 August 2018

Great modern feel of the room and hotel while conveniently located near highway and attractions. Great friendly staff and very comfortable rooms. Newly renovated rooms and hotel gives a comfortable feel.

Room tip: All rooms are quiet and similar views
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at North Charleston Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Dear Michael,

Thank you for the fantastic review of North Charleston Marriott and for letting us know that your stay was comfortable with us! We are glad to read your comments about our fresh accommodations. Thanks again for mentioning our convenient location near all the attractions of the area. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family again very soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2018

I am very loyal to Marriott and appreciate the consistency this brand almost always provides. I arrived the North Charleston Marriott on a Tuesday in August around 4:40p for a one night stay using points. The property is very clean, easy to find, and very modern. For those who travel often, this property has the new M Club Lounge on the first floor (coffee machine was broken, however). The staff at check-in were very friendly and we exchanged a brief conversation about our visit to South Carolina. Then the first drop in rating occurred: our room wasn't ready. Given it was 4:40p on a mid-week afternoon, and the hotel was still offering rooms for sale for that same night, I was somewhat shocked that our room wasn't ready - especially since I had done mobile check-in and do have a fairly high status. We were instead offered a two queen room (not the room type requested or guaranteed as a Platinum guest) but since we had dinner reservations in Charleston, I was not about to wait in the lobby for a room to be cleaned for us to get dressed. The staff noted that several "clean" rooms were offline due to painting which may have been the issue. Regardless, this was a disappointment. We ventured to the top floor to our room and entered the room to find it 78 degrees. I turned on the AC to 68 and then we left for the evening to have dinner. Returning at 10:15pm, we found the room to be cooled...to 76 degrees. I knew instantly this was going to be an issue overnight, but with a 6am flight the next morning, I was not about to begin a room change (note - I've seen another review mention AC issues). If I had only known that the AC unit would churn all night, and rattle due to a loose screw on the intake vent, I would have certainly moved. Here's the hard part of this review: I really wanted to like this place. The room was super clean, the staff were very friendly, the property was modern and the location (and rate if not using points) satisfactory; however, the AC problem in the two queen room that I was given because my preferred/reserved room type wasn't ready ended up costing this property two stars. It is, after all, a good night sleep that I'm most interested in and I just didn't get it that night.

Room tip: Spend a minute making sure the A/C unit functions properly.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank rmarrs
TeamMarriott, Manager at North Charleston Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2018

Dear Rmarrs,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and for your loyalty to our hotel brand. Although we are pleased to know you received friendly service and enjoyed our refreshed hotel facilities, we sincerely apologize for the difficulties you encountered with your reservation and with your AC unit. We appreciate knowing how we can improve our hospitality moving forward, and hope for another opportunity to provide the enhanced experience you should always expect from us.

Patrick Rogers
Area General Manager

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

This property has been made over to the latest Marriott standards. It looks great, from the lobby to meeting areas, the bar & dining and of course the individual rooms. Well done ! Classy and functional. It’s very close (less than a mile) to the Tanger Outlets, lots of dining nearby, adjacent to I26, and easy drive into downtown and the historic district.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at North Charleston Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Skip R,

Thank you for being our guest at North Charleston Marriott. We are delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoyed our beautiful property and especially appreciated our perfect location. Thanks for your kind comments, and we look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Bartender was just the best! Always smiling while being overworked...but still he smiled!
The room...oh my! I stayed in February with little black curly hairs in my shower, that I CLEANED up..and again now, the same thing! Except I called down and requested to have my shower cleaned. I was told they would be right up. After 45 minutes wait, while I was tired and sleepy from working all day, I called back and was told housekeeping was no longer available but they would look for a manager. The line went dead and, no one would answer will I called back. What an utter lack of respect!
I talked to the 'highest' person in management I could find before I left, two days later and he refunded a nights stay. One would expect WAY more from the Marriott! Maybe they should change the name to 'Stay At Your Own Risk".

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank MistyMtEstrelas

Dear MistyMtEstrelas,

Thank you for posting your review and for being our guest. While we are pleased that we could offer some sort of solution with your refund, we are truly sorry for the inconveniences caused by the oversights in preparing your room, and for not being as responsive to your needs as we should have been. Refreshed accommodations and exceptional service for every guest is our top priority, so this does not meet our hospitality standards. Please know that our Department Heads have followed up on your concerns to ensure that we fine tune our inspection procedures and ensure that we remain consistent with our service delivery. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another chance to prove ourselves on a future visit.

Patrick Rogers
Area General Manager

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve had the good fortune of staying here twice recently & both have been great experiences. Walking in, you can see how modern & cool the look of the hotel is. The staff are friendly upon check in! Once arriving at the room, you won’t be disappointed! Beautiful style & very clean! Clean sheets, which is huge for me, a great little closet area for your rolling bag & hanging clothes. Coffee maker & mini fridge, which is a score! The beds were comfy & shower had a nice flow! No problems with WiFi either. I definitely recommend this hotel if you’ll be in the Charleston area!

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Margaret M,

Thanks for returning to the North Charleston Marriott. We are glad you liked each and every aspect of our hotel, especially your well-equipped room. Thanks again for recommending us, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon for another outstanding stay!