All reviews m club renovated hotel hurricane proof the concierge lounge clothing storage opening night attractive lobby lifetime platinum growing pains front desk junior suite five star review bathroom lighting mobile app rooms are modern complimentary water night light
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We had a very comfortable bed in a quiet room on the 7th floor. The staff could not have been more accommodating. The bathroom was a bit in the small side for the quality of the room, but the shower was terrific.

Our complimentary full buffet breakfast was excellent with a big selection of tasty and well cooked items.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, General Manager at North Charleston Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Wandering963,

Thank you for the fantastic review of North Charleston Marriott! We are glad our service and facilities exceeded your expectations for an awesome experience, and we appreciate your comments about our southern hospitality. We want every guest to have a relaxing and stress-free stay with us, and from your comments, it appears we succeeded. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Looks a little dated from the outside but the lobby and rooms were very nicely updated. Room and bathroom very nice and really comfortable bed. I had dinner in the bar and it was very good. Free parking and right off the interstate. This hotel is really close to the airport and the outlet stores.

Stayed: August 2018
TeamMarriott, General Manager at North Charleston Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear Johnplatinum,

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review of the North Charleston Marriott. We are glad you liked our refurbished property and had a great experience with us. Thank you for being our guest, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

I booked a reservation with this hotel in order to see a new medical specialist in Charleston. For health reasons, the appointment had to be rescheduled and so I attempted to cancel my reservation and get a refund of the amount I paid. When we initially called the hotel and after waiting on hold for an inordinate amount of time, the employee we spoke with advised that they understood the situation and seemed to be very understanding, but that we needed to call back on Monday to receive managerial approval for the refund (which they implied shouldn't be a problem). When we called again on Monday, we were told a manager wasn't available and that someone would call us back shortly once they freed up. Hours later, no one returned our call, so I went on the Marriott app and chatted directly with the hotel because I suspected we were going to start having problems.

At that point, they curtly advised me via chat that a manager had already been consulted and no refund would be issued (in complete contravention of what we were previously told). Apparently, the manager didn't have the intestinal fortitude to at least return our call and speak to us. We then called the hotel again and asked to speak to a manager. This time, we immediately were put through to a manager (? - still unclear why no one ever called us back as in addition to not communicating well with customers, they similarly don't talk to fellow employees), and we again explained the extenuating circumstances behind the situation; the manager claimed she understood, wished me better health and advised that a refund would be issued in 3-5 business days. We then had it confirmed in writing via chat that the refund would be issued.

Nearly two weeks later, I still don't have a refund, and both the hotel and Marriott corporate are giving me the run around. Because I have chronic health issues, in the past when I've been unable to travel, I've never had any problem with any hotel understanding that its customers are human beings subject to issues completely beyond their control and issuing a refund. I note that I've previously never had to cancel a Marriott reservation so it's not like I'm a habitual offender of their policies. On my planned trip, both the airline (!) and the car rental company where I had booked non-refundable reservations immediately understood the issue, expressed sympathy and quickly authorized a refund.

It's rather absurd that this hotel can't display the same courtesy for a Platinum Elite Marriott customer. Assuming that I never actually receive a refund, I sincerely hope the $122 they deem so important to their bottom line is used on re-training their employees to develop a sense of compassion. Given that the hotel had plenty of availability open on the night before my stay, it's not like I was holding up a spot for another guest. It is quite troubling that a large hotel is so desperate to hold onto $122, which is quite meaningful to me but yet probably 0.00000001% of their yearly revenue (well, hopefully, as I can't be sure they have many customers considering their lack of customer service). Sincerely, I hope their desperation for my money isn't a sign of trouble for the hotel because unlike their employees, I have a sense of solicitude for others and their livelihoods. In any event, I will never again stay at this hotel, which is a complete dumpster fire in terms of understanding and communication.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank mb884411
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

This was my first stay at the North Charleston Marriott. From the previous reviews, I knew that the hotel had undergone renovations recently. So I decided try the hotel for a couple of nights stay. The hotel front desk staff and housekeeping were friendly. The M Lounge staff I encountered were not as friendly. They did their jobs, they just weren’t as outgoing as I am used to. My hotel room was nice though dusty. I asked the housekeeper who was cleaning rooms down the hall to touch up the room. She did. No issues after that. This was my first stay at a Marriott that allowed use of your cell phone to access your room and other doors. That was nice.

The hotel location was great for my need. Shopping, restaurants, and the airport are in close proximity. I would consider staying here if in the area again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2018

Great modern feel of the room and hotel while conveniently located near highway and attractions. Great friendly staff and very comfortable rooms. Newly renovated rooms and hotel gives a comfortable feel.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and similar views
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
TeamMarriott, General Manager at North Charleston Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Dear Michael,

Thank you for the fantastic review of North Charleston Marriott and for letting us know that your stay was comfortable with us! We are glad to read your comments about our fresh accommodations. Thanks again for mentioning our convenient location near all the attractions of the area. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family again very soon!