“Clean and friendly”

Ranked #12 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Savannah, Georgia
“Clean and friendly”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was my first time at a Home2Suite hotel. We were in town for a kids baseball tournament and checked in with about fifty people, which went surprising smooth. The hotel is modern and super clean. I had a room with two queen size beds and a kitchenette: full size refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, plates, cooktop upon request. They provide neutrogena products; soap, shampoo and conditioner for the bathroom. There is a small laundry room with an access door to the gym, so you can workout while doing laundry.. Close to Tanger mall, restaurants, airport and a 15 minute drive to downtown Charleston.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Vieve S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Delray Beach, Florida
Reviewed 10 August 2014

This hotel was a nice change to the big resort type hotels. We were close to the airport, outlet shops and about 20 minutes from downtown Charleston. Very easy to get to and from where you needed to go. The pool was very small, I cant imagine how cramped it would be if 1/3 of the guests tried to swim. There was a funny smell in the rooms/hallways - not dirty. For a hotel that was only 2-4 yrs old, they need new mattresses and pillows.
The rooms were large, kitchenette was more than we expected; full size fridge, dishwasher, dishes, silverware, microwave, cooktop upon request. Nice for a long stay to save some money on eating out. The staff go out of their way to make your stay a nice one but Robin stood out. She even did research on line to get us some information upon check in. Thank you Robin!

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Since day two of my current 8-day run at this hotel, the noise coming from the "Water Storage" unit on the rooftop above my 4th floor room is ANNOYING and ridiculously LOUD. As a long time Hilton rewards member, I am truly disappointed that after 8 days, my door still vibrates as does the bathroom floor and the noise is deafening all day long especially at night when one should be able to get a decent night sleep. I asked at the front desk where the noise was coming from and they responded that it was on the rooftop above our fourth floor rooms. They said they had someone working on it and if necessary, they would call in outside assistance to fix it. 24 hours later the noise continues and is seemingly louder than that past seven days. This is a Hilton property and my expectation for a certain level of service has not been met.

Most of the staff is great and acknowledge you in passing or offer assistance and others simply ignore you or are condescending when you ask for assistance.

I agree, the design of the breakfast area is faulty at best. With so many families converging on the very small area at one time, it does not make the optimum location to eat breakfast with loved ones. The breakfast selection is sad and does not match the advertised picture displays in the elevators or website. I got what I thought was "hot water" for tea from the container on the counter next to the two coffee containers and when I added the tea and took the first sip, the water taste like coffee residue. Perhaps leaning and sterilizing the containers on a daily basis would alleviate the bad taste of what should be pure hot water.

To make matters worse, folks here for family reunions have kids running up and down the halls, grown folks shouting "hold the elevator" like they were in a barn with laughing and carousing late at night into the wee hours of the morning as they find their way back to the respective rooms after a day of reunion adventures.

The first evening of my stay, one reunion family had a rather loud argument and folks were ordered to leave the room where the argument ensued. The situation continued from one of the hall to the elevator while accusations were flying between family members that were very disruptive for those of use occupying the rooms in between. This should have been the first "red flag" of what I might have expected from my visit here.

The good news Mr. Matt Barlett is there is room for improvement if action is taken soon.

Room Tip: Consider rooms on the first or second floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Matt B, General Manager at Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. We always want our guests to feel comfortable and cared for. The problems you mentioned were brought to the appropriate departments and are being addressed. Please feel free to contact us directly so we can ensure your concerns are resolved. We hope we will have the chance to make it up to you on your next visit to the area.
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This was my first visit to this Home2Suites hotel located in Charleston. I was impressed with the knowledge of the staff which who were extremely friendly and inviting. The room was exactly what I wanted and for a great price through Hilton.com.

I don't have any negative things to mention about my stay with them.

I recommend this property when traveling in the Charleston area.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Charleston, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed there for 2 days. Very clean hotel. I would stay there again. Pet Friendly! Breakfast was good. I wished they would of had an indoor pool. but the fitness center was good, small but good. I have no complaints about this hotel. My family and I was very satisfied with it.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Rotonda West, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

this hotel is close to the airport and it is so so. the 2 hour power outage is another story. and we never received an apology or anything else. with a hotel this big you'd think they have a generator, the rooms heated quickly, the windows could not be opened either. the carpet had a really bad smell. when i called down to the front desk, they sent a worker up an hour later with some carpet spray. of course after the power failuer the stink returned.
the measly breakfast was really bad. instant grits, cold eggs, something that resembled a breakfast pizza and unfriendly food handlers.
we will not be back.........

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was our first time even hearing of Home2 Suites, let alone staying at one. Friendly staff greeted us as soon as we walked in the door, the room was very clean, spacious, and with as many amenities as we could have hoped for from a reasonably priced hotel. We will definitely be looking at Home2 Suites when we travel in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple