Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Not only is this a great location (near Outlet stores), it is clean and comfortable. We stayed in a handicap accessible room and it was the most spacious I've been in. In addition, the staff was very welcoming and nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Blair E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear jeta5556,

Thank you for reviewing our property twice!!! I really appreciate the feedback and thanks for staying at our hotel!! I'm glad that you enjoyed the spacious room!! I hope that you had a safe travel home, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Best Regards!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great location relative to the airport and many places to eat just minutes away. Seems to have been recently remodeled into a retro theme that is interesting. The rooms were not huge but comfortable with 2 queen beds and very clean. The breakfast selections were varied, hot, well stocked and overall very good. The breakfast area was not as clean and tidy as it should have been and the tables were not wiped off very frequently. The overall appearance of the hotel was good but not exceptional. The staff was friendly and helpful and they have excellent shuttle service available. Overall a nice 2 night stay fro a good value.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Blair E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear beefdoctor,

Thank you for reviewing our property on the TripAdvisor website! I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the location, comfortable room, and breakfast choices. I do apologize about the cleanliness of the breakfast area. I will speak with my staff about walking around more to clean off dirty tables. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I hope that you had a safe travel home, and we look forward to seeing you again soon at the Holiday Inn Express Charleston Airport & Convention Center!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Great room, extremely friendly staff. Complimentary breakfast was wonderful. One hint - at night, hot water in shower takes a while - leave running for 5-6 minutes beforehand. Talked to Willie at the desk and he explained how this hotel's water heating and filtration system worked. Thanks, Willie.

1  Thank TheAprilFools89

Dear TheAprilFools89,

Thank you for reviewing our property on the TripAdvisor website! I'm happy that you enjoyed the breakfast, staff, and room. I do apologize for the hot water taking a long time, but I am glad that Willie was able to explain the issue to you! I hope that you had a wonderful trip home, and we look forward to seeing you again soon at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

SO much better and more reasonable than old city...great treatment and response to request etc.
breakfast was just rite and there early enuf.....location was great...only issue was pillows the size of life rafts...s'pose we shoulda complained...like my own pillow and will remember to brint it along in future

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Steve H,

Thank you for reviewing our property on the TripAdvisor website! I'm glad that you enjoyed the rooms, location, and breakfast! We just went through a pillow refresh so the pillows are much larger than they used to be. I do apologize about the pillow size. I hope that you enjoyed everything else with your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again soon at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center!

Best Regards!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We took our five grandchildren to Charleston for the night and this hotel was a great choice. We were able to book two adjoining two queen rooms and the location was perfect for getting downtown and close dinner options. After a day of visiting downtown, we were able to come back and enjoy the indoor pool. The next morning there was a complimentary breakfast including omelets, sausage, biscuits, pancakes and a variety of dairy products. Overall, very convenient and great service. Everyone was super friendly and always had a smile their face.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kay_Baby52,

Thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center on TripAdvisor! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I'm also glad that you enjoyed the indoor pool, adjoining rooms, and breakfast choices! I will pass along your kind comments to our staff so they can keep up the good job! Thanks again for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you and your 5 grandchildren again soon!! Have a wonderful week!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Like many of the Holiday Inns I've recently visited, this one is fairly new. Very convenient to Charleston without having to pay the exorbitant rates of downtown hotels. It took 15 minutes from the time we left the hotel until we were in the midst of the tourist area. The hotel is right off of I-26

Stayed for two nights in early May and found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. Room was very comfortable and quiet. Housekeeping kept the room neat and clean.

Complimentary breakfast was fine. This was a place for us to get some sleep, get cleaned up, grab a bite of breakfast and head out for the day to do the tourist things. It's perfect for that without breaking the bank.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Bouyscout,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center. We strive to create a welcoming atmosphere for all of our guests, and it sounds like you enjoyed our amenities. I hope that you had a safe travel, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Booked this room and some concert tickets for my mom for Mother's Day. North Charleston is much cheaper for hotels than anywhere else closer to downtown Charleston, and the hotels at this particular exit are all pretty new. The location right next to I-26 is super convenient because you're right by the airport and outlet mall, and just a 10 minute drive to downtown where most of the attractions are. The airport is very close, and large jets DO fly over this hotel, but it is pretty quiet during sleeping hours (at least on the weekend), so it wasn't a nuisance to us. The only staff we really had any interaction with were at the front desk an the breakfast area, and all were great and seemed genuinely glad we were there.

The decor of the entire hotel is very new and modern (I believe the place is only a year or two old at the time of this writing), with plenty of seating in the very large lobby, as well as large TV's in there if you just want to hang out. There's a business center with a few computers and a printer. Didn't use it, so can't comment. There is a fairly small indoor pool, but it is indoors and that's not all that common to find in a hotel in this price range. There's also a nice fitness center that has personal TVs on each machine for your entertainment while working out. Worth noting that the fitness center has large floor to ceiling windows that look out into the indoor pool. That might be a plus if you want to work out while your kids swim, or it might not be a plus at all if you want to work out with some semblance of privacy.

The free breakfast at this hotel is absolutely awesome! Plenty of the normal fruits, cereal, coffees, juices and breads. But what takes it over the top is the abundant supply of HOT breakfast foods. Bacon, eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy and hot cinnamon rolls. A pancake maker is also available, though it wasn't working properly when we visited. Great selection and it was really good. Unlike other hotels, the person keeping the breakfast foods stocked was NOT the same person who also had to keep the dining room clean, so this helped in both keeping the food hot and fresh and also with keeping the dining area clean so there were always clean tables to choose from. I noticed while the guy cleaned the tables that he was very thorough, so that was great to see. He was also very friendly and responsive.

We had a room with two queen beds that were very comfortable. Also had a mini fridge in the room. Iron, ironing board and hairdryer that wasn't attached to the wall were nice additions. Bathroom was very clean and adequately stocked. The beds had some cool indirect accent lighting above the headboards, which was nice to keep the room lit when you were gone and returning after dark without leaving a bright lamp on. Reading lights on both sides of each bed were a nice touch. Would be nice if hotels put electrical outlets on BOTH sides of BOTH beds near the headboard. There were two outlets on the nightstand between beds, but none on the other sides of the beds. Both my parents sleep with a breathing machine, so this can prove rather difficult to have power at many hotels. The ONLY complaint I can come up with about the place was that we found some long hairs on both beds that clearly didn't belong to any of us. Nothing that overly bothered us, but if there was anything to complain about at all about this stay, that was the only thing.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel on the two highest floors has pretty decent water views of a lakefront ap...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bdoug399

Dear bdoug399,

Thank you very very much for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor! Your review was very detailed which helps us provide excellent customer service to you, our valued guest. I will speak with the Executive Housekeeper about the linen issue. I do apologize for the hair on the bed. We will get the issue taken care of for your next stay with us! Again, thank you so much for your very detailed review! It was awesome, and I hope that you will come back and stay with us! Have a wonderful week, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!