“Love the look and the service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center

Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Brainerd, Minnesota
“Love the look and the service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Great hotel. Very convenient to the airport. Staff is very friendly - Angie gave us some great tips on the area. The shuttle service was great. I love the new look on the rooms with great modern conveniences. If your a reader you'll love the reading lights on the headboards.

Green Features: They have ample supply of recycling bins in the rooms and commons areas.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Blair E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Tvase32,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for reviewing our property on the TripAdvisor website!! I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. I will pass along your comments to Angie at the front desk!! We appreciate and value your feedback. It helps our staff create excellent service to you, our valued guest! I hope that you had a safe travel home, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Kindest Regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Excellent service at check in. Beautiful, clean room. The entire hotel is clean and well cared for. Front desk staff was helpful with all of our questions/needs. We needed extra towels & washcloths & they were brought quickly with no problem. We would definitely stay here again if we're back in Charleston.

Room Tip: Looks to be a new hotel, it's gorgeous. If all rooms look as good as ours, there is no problem.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Blair E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear E A,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center and for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor! We really appreciate your feedback. It helps our staff to provide excellent service to you, our valued guest! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel!! I hope that you had a safe travel back home, and we look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!!

buffalo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

We always stay in North Charleston when we want to visit Charleston because of the cost savings. This is a fantastic hotel at a great price. Very clean and updated, which I always look for. Beds are super comfortable and the rooms are very spacious. There's no laundry facility, which is a pain for families who need it, but the front desk quickly sent us to the Holiday Inn up the street and we used theirs. Breakfast is great, and the rooms are very quiet. I'd return with no hesitation.

Stayed July 2014
Dear GretaPiggy,

Thank you for reviewing our property on the TripAdvisor website and for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center! We appreciate and value your feedback. This allows our staff to provide excellent service to you, our valued guest. I will pass along your kind review to our staff! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel amenities! I hope that you and your family had a safe travel home, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!!

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

For one night on business, this hotel met all of my needs. It's close to the airport and within walking distance of a few places to eat and the outlet mall. I found the staff to be extremely friendly and even helped my mom and I find a place to eat within walking distance since I didn't feel like driving. The included breakfast was a nice perk, and had everything from omelettes to cereal. While there were three dirty washcloths left in the room from previous guests, the rest of the room appeared clean. For the little amount of time I spent in the room, it was perfectly adequate.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jessica D
Blair E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Julia S,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center and for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor!! I do apologize for the dirty washcloths in the room at check in. I will speak with our Executive Housekeeper about that. I'm glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay! Your feedback is very valuable to us, so thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel! I hope that you had a safe travel back home, and we look forward to seeing you again soon in the future!!

Best Regards!!
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Every staff member we encountered, from the front desk to the breakfast staff to the ones we just passed in the hall, had a smile and a cheerful word to say. It made us feel so welcome! I also appreciated the recycle bins in the rooms.

1 Thank LadybugPhoenix
Blair E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear LadybugPhoenix,

Thank you very much for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center and for reviewing our property on the TripAdvisor website!!! I will pass along your comments to our staff and tell them to keep up the good work!! I hope that you had a safe travel back home, and we look forward in seeing you again soon!!

Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Overall we really enjoyed our stay here. We were traveling as a family under my husband's priority club rewards. Hotel was beautiful on the inside, pool was great (kids loved it), location was great. Breakfast was nice. Great internet, comfortable beds and pillows. Almost perfect!

MOST of the staff was wonderful. We never walked by the front desk without someone greeting us. We were greeted by the manager on duty more than once. For the most part everyone was very accommodating and especially friendly to our kids, which we always appreciate.

However, the maid service was kind of lacking. They were usually very nice and spoke to us as we left our room in the mornings. However although we asked several times to be provided with four towel sets (as a family of four) we were consistently only left with three sets of towels and had to ask a staff member for another set. On one occasion the maid asked us as we were leaving for the day if we would like full service or just our towels replaced. I told her that our towels replaced would be fine. Upon returning to our room, we discovered that the maid HAD taken our used towels from the room, but she failed to leave us any fresh towels at all. Towels shortages seemed to be an issue at the hotel in general. Several times we had to ask for pool towels b/c there were none left in the pool area. Feeling like we had to beg for towels all week got a little annoying.
That was the only issue we had until the day of our checkout. My husband took the kids down to eat breakfast while I packed up. The breakfast buffet was very busy as it was a Sunday morning. My husband grabbed a clean plate from the buffet and was actually SCOLDED by the staff member at the pancake maker b/c those plates were "for the pancakes." It was a plate and we are the customer, was it really necessary for her to say something about something so petty? It kind of rubbed him and me the wrong way and me when he told me about it.

All in all we enjoyed our stay. I think we would stay here again. However, it may be worth it to speak to the staff members about the towel issues and the way they speak to the customers in the future.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Nicole C
Blair E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Nicole C,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center and for reviewing our property on the TripAdvisor website! I appreciate your comments. This allows us to improve on our service to you, our valued guest! I will make sure that I speak with the housekeeping and breakfast staff about customer service! I do apologize for the "grumpy" breakfast employee, but we will get the issue resolved for the next time you stay with us!! Again, thank you for providing feedback and staying at our property! I hope that you and your family had a safe travel home, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Kindest Regards!!
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Not only is this a great location (near Outlet stores), it is clean and comfortable. We stayed in a handicap accessible room and it was the most spacious I've been in. In addition, the staff was very welcoming and nice.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Blair E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear jeta5556,

Thank you for reviewing our property twice!!! I really appreciate the feedback and thanks for staying at our hotel!! I'm glad that you enjoyed the spacious room!! I hope that you had a safe travel home, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Best Regards!
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Charleston
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Charleston - Convention Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North...
#3 of 58 in North Charleston
Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Air...
#6 of 58 in North Charleston
Hyatt Place Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Hyatt Place Charleston Airport a...
#4 of 58 in North Charleston
Embassy Suites by Hilton North Charleston - Airport/Hotel & Convention
Embassy Suites by Hilton North C...
#15 of 58 in North Charleston
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,110 reviews
Town & Country Inn and Suites
Home2 Suites Charleston Airport / Convention Center
Home2 Suites Charleston Airport ...
#13 of 58 in North Charleston

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center

Property: Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Address: 3025 W Montague Ave, North Charleston, SC 29418-7900
Ranked #1 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Agoda, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.