Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Ranked #1 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was there for my family reunion all the staff was excellent except for one person that I came across Blair I did not like her attitude at check in but other than that I would stay there again breakfast was awesome and the hotel smelled and looked very clean!!!!!! Also this was my first time staying at an express and because of the experience I had I will be staying at other expresses in the future!!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Blair E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear 401living,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor and for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center! I want to sincerely apologize for my rudeness at the front desk. There must have been a mis-communication on my end, and I did not intend for my response to come off as rude. Your feedback is very valuable to our hotel. It allows us to improve our service to you, our valued guest. Again, I do apologize, and I hope that you had a safe travel back to Rhode Island. We hope to see you again soon!!

Kindest Regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We were only herefor one night but the staff really impressed us. One of the only hotels in the area with a 24 hour shuttle. The drivers was extremely courteous and the hostess was as well. They even shuttled us to a nearby restaurant when our ride was unexpectedly delayed. Room was vrery comfortable and clean. We would highly recommend this hotel and will stay here again for sure.

Thanks to everyone for making our stay so good!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Scott C,

Thank you for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor and for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center! I'm glad that you enjoyed the shuttle service and the rooms we have at our property! Your feedback is instrumental in creating Great Hotels, Guests Love, so thank you again for your comments! I hope that you had a safe travel home, and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the Charleston area!!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed here for a week for a business trip, Aug 11-15. The bath tub's drain was clogged and created a puddle every time I showered. I notified the front desk but they never fixed it. Also, room service did not replace the towels when my room was cleaned. I realized this mid-shower. I had to request towels but the concierge was away driving the shuttle. I was told I'd have to wait until they returned (which takes FOREVER, depending which driver you get) so I got them myself. The jacuzzi had WAY too much chlorine. My eyes started to burn after about 10 minutes and it even turned my bathing suit a different color. Overall, breakfast is great, the shuttle sucks, the rooms are, comfy beds, poor upkeep.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Brittany D
Dear Brittany D,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor and for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center! I'm glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and our beds. I do sincerely apologize for the tub drain, the shuttle service, and the housekeeping service. I will make sure and speak with our shuttle drivers and housekeeping department to ensure that these issues are fixed for your next trip and for other guests staying with us. Thank you for bringing those issues to my attention. Your feedback is very valuable, and again thank you for giving us such honest comments! I hope that you had a safe travel home, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

columbia, sc
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed here twice in July 2014 for business and didn't get one good night's sleep. The first stay a dump truck woke me up at 4am with it's beeping and dumpster slamming on the back side of the hotel. I didn't find the mattresses to be all that comfy. The second stay I asked for a room on the front side of the hotel hoping not to hear the dump truck. Instead, I got all the traffic noise. It's near a busy intersection and so close to the road. Then you also have the airplane noise. The pool was clean. The room was clean. The service was good. The breakfast had a large selection of items to choose from like most hotel breakfasts do, but it wasn't all that good. Two mornings in a row of that was all I could take. I have since traveled back to the area for business and have switched to a different hotel. They did have Bath & Body Works toiletries.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor if planes keep you awake.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank tiffanynbryant
Blair E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear tiffanynbryant,

Thank you for taking time to review our property and for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center!! I do apologize for the street noise. We are on a busy street that can sometimes be noisy. I hope that doesn't deter you from coming back and staying with us in the future! I'm glad that you found our hotel clean and the staff friendly. I hope that you had a safe travel back to Columbia, and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the Charleston area!

Best Regards!
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed at this place on the 17th and 18th of July. Was upgraded to a suite as a platinum IHG member. Room was very clean and breakfast was good with ample choices. Location is excellent too. just off the highway and 10 minutes to downtown. We even got back for a short break when it got too hot to walk around downtown. enjoyed our stay there. Why pay the high prices to stay at downtown, when you have such a good option as this. The girl who checked us in was very friendly and polite, missed getting her name. Just a small suggestion, if they clean the BF area more often it will be better. especially on the wekend when the hotel was full.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Blair E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear VeeYes2014,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor and for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center!! I'm very glad that you enjoyed our breakfast options, friendly staff, and location! I do apologize about the breakfast area not being spotless during your stay. I will speak with my staff to ensure that we are keeping it cleaner, not only for your return but for our other valued guests that come stay with us. Thank you for your suggestion! Again, thank you for staying at our property, and we look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the Charleston area!! I hope that you had a safe travel home!

Brainerd, Minnesota
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Great hotel. Very convenient to the airport. Staff is very friendly - Angie gave us some great tips on the area. The shuttle service was great. I love the new look on the rooms with great modern conveniences. If your a reader you'll love the reading lights on the headboards.

Green Features: They have ample supply of recycling bins in the rooms and commons areas.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Blair E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Tvase32,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for reviewing our property on the TripAdvisor website!! I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. I will pass along your comments to Angie at the front desk!! We appreciate and value your feedback. It helps our staff create excellent service to you, our valued guest! I hope that you had a safe travel home, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!

PA
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Excellent service at check in. Beautiful, clean room. The entire hotel is clean and well cared for. Front desk staff was helpful with all of our questions/needs. We needed extra towels & washcloths & they were brought quickly with no problem. We would definitely stay here again if we're back in Charleston.

Room Tip: Looks to be a new hotel, it's gorgeous. If all rooms look as good as ours, there is no problem.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Blair E, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear E A,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Charleston Airport & Convention Center and for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor! We really appreciate your feedback. It helps our staff to provide excellent service to you, our valued guest! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel!! I hope that you had a safe travel back home, and we look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Charleston
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North Charleston - Convention Center
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel North...
#7 of 58 in North Charleston
Hyatt Place Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Hyatt Place Charleston Airport a...
#2 of 58 in North Charleston
Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Air...
#5 of 58 in North Charleston
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charleston Airport/Convention Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Charlesto...
#6 of 58 in North Charleston
Hampton Inn Charleston North
Hampton Inn Charleston North
#3 of 58 in North Charleston
Town & Country Inn and Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center

Property: Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center
Address: 3025 W Montague Ave, North Charleston, SC 29418-7900
Ranked #1 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express and Suites Charleston Airport and Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.