“Hotel Staff is Exceptional”

Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport
Ranked #4 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Some of the nicest and most helpful hotel staff I have ever encountered. They by far made up for the a/c not working and the ice machine on our floor being broken. They promptly fixed the a/c. The floor we stayed on in the hallway had a musty smell to it but not intolerable. It is a very convenient walk to the coliseum.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIMGT, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear Amy J,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I will make sure to pass along your review to the staff. We are so glad that you decided to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport. I’m sorry to hear that there was difficulty with the air conditioner and the ice machine. I’m glad to hear that we were able to fix the air in a timely matter. Our location is second to none and the scenic walk to the coliseum is such an added pleasure, we’re glad you were able to enjoy it! Please come back and see us when you are traveling in the Charleston area.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have relatives who live in Charleston, and they cautioned me not to stay in North Charleston. Respectfully, I have to disagree! If you are using either the airport or the train station, this Hilton Garden Inn is the perfect location. You could practically walk to the airport, but don't have to because they provide a 24/7 shuttle and are flexible about when they will take you!! Every single staff member speaks to you as you pass them, they smile, ask if you are having a pleasant stay and do anything you ask for with pleasure!!! The lobby has a warm and inviting sitting area with a fireplace and serves coffee or cold drink and snacks. The rooms are not super fancy, but very comfortable and the floor plan offers a very user friendly home away from home. I traveled their with my nine year old grandson and the staff made him feel like a VIP. He loved the indoor pool! The breakfast buffet was to die for and they willing give you take out boxes. We traveled by train and also rented a car at the airport. The shuttle took us to airport to rent car, back to airport to leave car off, and at 4am(!!!) to the train station for our ride home. The cost was half of the rooms in Charleston proper......and the parking was effortless, unlike Charleston parking which is difficult at best. The drive into downtown Charleston is an easy 15 minute drive. Can you tell I was happy here???

Room Tip: Get the suite, it is worth it!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
HGIMGT, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear llgma,

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel. We take pride in making sure that each guest has a clean and fresh room to stay in. We also know how important it is to our guests to stay at hotel with a convenient location to everything in the area and we are so glad that you were able to enjoy our location to the fullest. It was also great to hear that you had a wonderful customer service experience with our staff during your stay. At the Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport we strive to go above and beyond to make sure that each guest has an outstanding experience when they stay with us. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how your stay went and we look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

My first night in Charleston SC was at the Hilton Gardens. Their shuttle did pick us up at the airport which was much appreciated. The rooms we got had two double beds in them each but they were the traditional small doubles and not the queen standards we have come to expect. Otherwise it was typical of an eight year old Hilton. We moved to downtown Charleston the next night and were delighted with the French Quarter Inn.

Room Tip: Ask for a king room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
HGIMGT, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear Don S.,

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport! We are so happy that you chose us while in the Charleston area. As the Guest Services Manager, I'm also glad to hear that our shuttle gave you the excellence that you deserve. If you are ever in the Charleston area again, I hope that you choose to stay with us. If so, please ask for a Queen Evolution Room and we will be happy to give you the spacious bed type (with adjustable mattresses) that we are able to provide for you. I hope we get the opportunity in the future to show you the many choices in excellent room types we offer. Thank you again for your review and hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I never miss the opportunity to stay at an HGI, and each one seems better than the last. The staff could possibly be the best yet encountered - friendly, helpful and genuinely concerned about the client's happiness. When I first went into my room, the TV and the hair dryer didn't work. I went downstairs and mentioned the same to the front desk. I then went into the lobby to get a complimentary cup of coffee and cookie. On my way back to the room, as I was passing the front desk, the clerk advised me that the TV and hair dryer were fixed. This was done in less than two minutes from the time I advised him of the problem!! OK, it was probably just a circuit breaker, but I've experienced hotels taking more than an hour to simply flip a switch. Needless to say, I was impressed. Firm mattress, great pillows and bedding, nice TV, free internet, Keurig coffee machine in the room with 3 varieties of coffee and one tea to choose from, spacious bathroom with great water pressure, two minutes from the airport, all at a great price. What more do you want out of a hotel when you are traveling? Kudos, Charleston Airport HGI.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear DenGourmand,

Thank you so much for your awesome review of the Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport! We appreciate your "kudos" more than you can imagine. Guest excellence is our goal and I am so glad we were able to achieve that during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again if you are ever in the Charleston area.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

On my recent trip to Charleston South Carolina it was my pleasure to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in North Charleston. At every turn i was greeted with a smile and a friendly hello, at first I would say it was just southern hospitality but as my stay continued the entire staff was genuinely concerned about me and my experience. One of the guest services staff Cheryl Q. was an absolute doll she went as far as to leave a hand written note on my pillow that the linens where changed, but no that is not the impressive part the impressive part is that the note actually wished me a blessed day .For someone who has not responsibility to actually take the time and have the awareness to leave a note like this is exceptional and should be identified.

Dear Terry G,

Thank you so much for your kind review of the Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that our goal of excellence in Guest Services was reached! I will be sure to pass on this review to Cheryl Q. We are so proud of our team here, and are so glad that you were able to experience their hospitality. We thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope that you we see you again, if you are ever visiting the Charleston area!

Reviewed 16 November 2013

This is a great second home! I stayed for 4 nights on business, but would recommend for a vacation or family stay as well. Check in was a breeze! Everything was ready. The rooms have a microwave, small refrigerator and Keurig coffee maker, so I could have snacks and light meals in my room. The staff was friendly and accommodating. They welcomed me every time I came in or passed them in the hall. The room was clean and well-appointed. I used the fitness room and took advantage of the in-room internet access every day. There were laundry facilities available. The Coliseum and Tangier Outlets are nearby. Oh, and don't forget to get an oatmeal bar in the evenings. Yum!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear somuchtoc,

We are so thrilled that you found the Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport an awesome place to stay! Thank you so much for your review and I will be sure to share it with our team. We know that as a business traveler you are on the road a lot and we work hard to do everything we can to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I am so happy that we were able to achieve that. We hope to see you again next time you are in Charleston!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

As a business traveler, I spend well over 100 nights in a hotel each year. I try to stay with the Hilton chain for value and consistency in service. This hotel has an excellent staff, rooms were quiet, clean, bathroom was clean, mattresses and pillows relatively new and comfortable. Although the hotel is near the airport and freeway, I was not disturbed with any noise. Parking is well lighted and plenty of parking near the entrances when full. Breakfast is "cook to order" or buffet, reasonably priced and well prepared. I did not eat other meals at the hotel as there are many choices nearby. Overall my stay was comfortable and relaxed. The staff is at the top compared to many other hotels I have stayed at. Every single employee was polite, helpful and ready to help in any way. It appeared that many of the guests were business travelers, no families or children were seen during my stay.

Dear Steven C,