“OK for business stay, not the best.”

Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport
Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chesterfield, MO
“OK for business stay, not the best.”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stayed her on a business trip, so my expectations were higher than my typical reviews. Checkin was quick and easy. I was taken by surprise when they said breakfast was not free, when my corporate reservation was supposed to include breakfast. I later found the breakfast coupons in my welcome package and was pleased. My room had two full beds which were small for a corporate hotel. They were very comfortable, I slept good one night, but not so good the second night. I did see a bug run across my blanket one afternoon, but didn’t have any bites or other evidence of insects. TV was a large flat screen but it only had about 20 channels, mostly sports and news. My room did not have a safe which I consider essential at any business hotel. Bathroom was nice with a large counter, plenty of room for one person. Elevators were a little slow, but reliable. The indoor hot tub was TOO hot, and normally I like them hot. Breakfast was OK, the first day had pancakes which were good, the second day was nothing but greasy fare which I can’t really eat. Internet was slow and dropped several times while I was trying to work. Dinner was overpriced, so I ate elsewhere. There is a Wendy’s in the parking lot and a Denny’s across the street (which was not very good). There are many eating options within 2 miles of the hotel. Making a left turn out of the hotel can be a challenge during peak times. Location is excellent, close to the interstate, airport and Boeing. As a corporate hotel it was acceptable, but nothing really that special. I paid $115 for Room 519, plus about 14% in taxes. If I have another business trip, I will probably check out the Embassy Suites nearby.

Room Tip: Note that each floor has 40 rooms, high numbers are farthest from the elevators which are located at...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
HGIMGT, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear jjctraveler,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, we are glad for your feedback. We are currently working on upgrading all of our double size beds to queen size beds and are excited for our valuable guests to experience the difference in comfort this will create. I'm sorry to hear that the temperature of the hot tub wasn’t as cool as you would have liked. We have since lowered the temperature of the hot tub and continuously monitor it to make sure it is an optimum temperature. The feedback you have given is valuable as we work with staff to improve our services. We hope you'll come back and see us again soon so that we can show you the excellence in Guest Service that we strive for.

Joy Hazard, Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

It was my first time visiting this side of Charleston, for business. And my experience there was definitely one to remember from the warm "southern hospitality" of the wonderful young ladies at the front desk who made my check in simple, the gentleman from the maintenance dept. to the housekeeping, in room dining staff.. I can go on and on.. Please if your reading this review take my word for it.. Just make your reservations to this beautiful and well maintained and clean property.. You will not regret it. Did I mention how really, really, good the food is?? Forget Chili's, Denny's and Wendy's. Eat there!! Looking forward to go back, but this time for vacation!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear nnieves72,

We are so thrilled that you found the Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport an awesome place to stay! Thank you so much for your review and I will be sure to share it with our team. We know that as a business traveler you are on the road a lot and we work hard to do everything we can to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I am so happy that we were able to achieve that. We hope to see you again next time you are in Charleston!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Clean, well run hotel, friendly hotel staff. Airport shuttle picked me up quickly during freezing weather. Without reservation I will stay here again when in Charleston for business. Did not use spa and did not have breakfast, but most looked like they were enjoying breakfast. I really like the complementary coffee and tea at Hilton Garden Inns. I would request earl grey tea (my favorite).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear AHW2014,

Your feedback was so encouraging and wonderful to read! Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I will be happy to share this with the staff. I hope that you will stay with us in the future if you are ever in the area and I hope that you had a wonderful trip to Charleston.

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn location while traveling for work. This is my second time here and it is always a wonderful experience....from the quick check-in process to checking out. The rooms are always clean and fresh. The front desk and housekeeping staff are always pleasant. The breakfast is delicious. I am a diamond member and stay at various Hilton properties throughout GA, FL, AL and SC and this is a must stay whenever I am in or near Charleston. This last stay I ended up being what they called "the guest of the day" and received a bag of delicious snacks and a card that was like a scratch-off. With the scratch-off I won a $25 gift card to Chili's! It really made my night.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear LSanders810,

Thank you so much for your kind review of Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff met all your needs during your stay. We look forward to seeing you if you should come to Charleston again!

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Well maintained, very clean and excellently located near the Airport. The amenities were well planned by the staff, bottle of water on arrival, Keurig coffee maker in the room, light snacks in the dinning area and a wonderful pool. Nice flat screen tv in the room, a very nice gas fireplace fire in the lobby and a huge flat screen tv there. There is a dinning guide book in the lobby with countless restaurants, their menus and pictures of the restaurant to help the traveler decide where to dine. I asked the staff for suggestions and they directed me to a great restaurant, Fleet Landing.

My only disappointment was the exercise room, very small and as a result, did not have a bike.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
HGIMGT, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Your feedback was so encouraging and wonderful to read! Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I will be happy to share this with the hotel team. I hope that you will stay with us in the future if you are ever in the area and I hope that you had a wonderful trip to Charleston.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The front desk, restaurant staff and housekeeping staff (Cheryl Q.) were EXCEPTIONALLY pleasant and friendly, welcoming me as a Hilton Honors member, smiling every time I interacted with them... to the extent it that it was very noticeable, and appreciated. The hotel is very nice, the rooms are comfortable and clean, with microwaves/mini-fridges and free WIFI, and the breakfast was excellent. I would certainly return to this hotel, the next time I'm in Charleston.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind review of our hotel!

Moyock, United States
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Great hotel and group that work here! I have stayed here numerous time and no matter what, they always deliver. Even during their remodeling, they exceeded my expectations. I've checked out some of the other hotels/motels in the area, and none of them come close. Being close to the outlets, interstate, and numerous restaurants is nice, too. Airport is right up the street. If you want to go downtown and explore or dine at some of Charleston's famous restaurants, the staff will help you make a choice and provide impeccable directions.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so glad that our hotel met all of your needs and we would love to have you stay with us in the future. We hope to see you again soon!