“Slightly above Average”

Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport
Ranked #4 of 59 Hotels in North Charleston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I expected a complimentary newspaper for the price ($149/night) or maybe continental breakfast. I might be behind the times but I've stayed at comparable hotels for less with complimentary benefits. They only had twin beds in the rooms with two beds - No queens. That was weird. Overall it was clean and modern but that's about it.

Stayed: March 2014
HGIMGT, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Cheapestmanalive,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, we are glad for your feedback. I’m glad to hear that you felt the hotel was clean and modern, as we’re always striving to keep our hotel up to date. I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive a complimentary newspaper. Please know that we have complimentary newspapers each day, located at the Front Desk. Also, since your stay we have upgraded all of our double beds to queen beds and are so excited for our guests to experience the larger beds! We hope you'll come back and see us again soon. We would love you to experience our new improvements!

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Second time I've stayed here. The first time was two years ago. I was fairly pleased by my overall experience then, so I was looking forward to another stay. We were greeted hospitably and seemed like a great start. First thing, we couldn't get the wifi to work in the room. We gave up and used our hotspot on the phone. Second, they told us they had shuttle pick up and drop off for anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. We called from the car rental place, 3 miles away, and asked for a pickup after we dropped off our car. I was told they would be there shortly. The car rental shuttle, not the Hilton shuttle showed up about 10 minutes later and I called again to get status of the Hilton shuttle. I told them we could take this shuttle if they felt it would be awhile. Again, she reassured me they were on the way. 20 minutes later (30 minutes total) I called again because the car rental shuttle had shown up again from the airport. They assured us that their Hilton shuttle was on the way. 15 minutes later (45 minutes total) we cancelled and took the car rental shuttle. Then, our toilet quit working which they fixed promptly. Now, I'm laying in bed and smell something foul. I can only describe it as a dead rodant smell. I've smelt this before as we've encountered dead rodants from time to time under dryers, couches, etc. (Those with doggie doors know.) As I search under my bed for the stinch origin I discover; a pill, some french fries and bed frame broken. I'm still looking for the stinch origin, but alas; It's time for sleep on my broken bed. I have a 5:30 shuttle to catch to the airport. Here's hoping I get to see that elusive shuttle in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank mnmaher
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I am very picky about the hotels I stay at and this hotel gave me no reason for concern at all. It was very clean, the staff was friendly, the décor was modern and it was in a nice area. Although I was only there for an overnight stay before flying out the next day, I would highly recommend this hotel. I will definitely consider staying here again if I come back to Charleston.

Dear Rubyshopaholic,

Your feedback was so encouraging and wonderful to read! Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I will be happy to share this with the hotel team. I hope that you will stay with us in the future if you are ever in the area and I hope that you had a wonderful trip to Charleston.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Hotel is very nice, and had very good service. Breakfast is great, the food was delicious! I did not eat the "buffet", but cooked to order breakfast was very good. Shuttle service was excellent! Great place to stay. Overall my hotel stay was very comfortable and had no issues on my extended stay.

Dear 134terryk,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so glad that our hotel met all of your needs and we would love to have you stay with us in the future. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

nice new hotel,convenient location, service was excellent, breakfast was delicious, i should recommend this hotel to everyone. Enjoyed 3 nights stay while doing business in Charleston.Would be back to stay here in future business.

Dear quydn,

We thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your stay in the North Charleston area and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The hotel was wonderful. Fastest check in ever. The only negative is their policy of holding an additional $20 per night. I was never sure why.
There were cookies in the lobby every evening. Staff was all welcoming and gracious.
My room was very clean and comfortable. Bed had a memory foam mattress that I didn't particularly like. That's probably just a matter of preference.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear NCvisitors,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport! I am so glad that our hotel met all of your needs and we would love to have you stay with us in the future. Please note that we do hold a $20.00 credit card authorization per night, but that the fee is returned upon check out if not used. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Hotel property was well cared for. Room was clean and comfortable. Front desk was helpful and knowledegable. My only regret was that I walked across street to eat at Chili's (yuk). Next time I will spend the extra $$ and have dinner INSIDE the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
HGIMGT, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Stephen S,

Thank you so much for your kind review of Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport! Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff met all your needs during your stay. We hope that you will try our Restaurant next time you are staying with us, we know you'll be pleased! We look forward to seeing you if you should come to Charleston again.