“Business”

GreenLeadersBronze level
United States
“Business”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

The hotel was enjoyable and well taken care of. The staff was top notch, polite and out going. The only problem we have was parking. There was not enough parking and people parked everywhere even in the Wendy parking lot, because there was no wear else to park.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIMGT, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Charleston Airport, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Ferdinanda C,

We thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your stay in the North Charleston area and we hope to see you again!

Joy Hazard, Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

This place is pretty nice. This is our last night here with my family and i'm sad to leave! When we got there, we were greeted with super nice staff. This whole trip not one employee hasn't said hi to us. Hospitality is great. Our room was nice and clean, no mold or anything out of the ordinary. Beds are a bit small for my parents but I was comfortable. I wish the breakfast was a bit cheaper. It's 15 dollars for adults and like 12 or 13 for kids I think(?) But i'm sure it's very good food. Only thing that has bothered my family is the wifi. The wifi is very spotty and i've had to connect multiple times, most of the time it didn't even work. Otherwise, this is a great hotel! :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Rachel1262,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, we are glad for your feedback. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and there is nothing better than achieving that! We are happy our hotel and staff met all your needs during your stay. We are currently working on upgrading all of our double size beds to queen size beds and are excited for our valuable guests to experience the difference in comfort this will create. We have also updated our wifi since your stay and can’t wait for you to experience the new and improved wifi experience. We look forward to seeing you if you should come to Charleston again.

Dowell, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I expected a complimentary newspaper for the price ($149/night) or maybe continental breakfast. I might be behind the times but I've stayed at comparable hotels for less with complimentary benefits. They only had twin beds in the rooms with two beds - No queens. That was weird. Overall it was clean and modern but that's about it.

Stayed March 2014
Dear Cheapestmanalive,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel, we are glad for your feedback. I’m glad to hear that you felt the hotel was clean and modern, as we’re always striving to keep our hotel up to date. I'm sorry to hear that you did not receive a complimentary newspaper. Please know that we have complimentary newspapers each day, located at the Front Desk. Also, since your stay we have upgraded all of our double beds to queen beds and are so excited for our guests to experience the larger beds! We hope you'll come back and see us again soon. We would love you to experience our new improvements!

Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Second time I've stayed here. The first time was two years ago. I was fairly pleased by my overall experience then, so I was looking forward to another stay. We were greeted hospitably and seemed like a great start. First thing, we couldn't get the wifi to work in the room. We gave up and used our hotspot on the phone. Second, they told us they had shuttle pick up and drop off for anywhere within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. We called from the car rental place, 3 miles away, and asked for a pickup after we dropped off our car. I was told they would be there shortly. The car rental shuttle, not the Hilton shuttle showed up about 10 minutes later and I called again to get status of the Hilton shuttle. I told them we could take this shuttle if they felt it would be awhile. Again, she reassured me they were on the way. 20 minutes later (30 minutes total) I called again because the car rental shuttle had shown up again from the airport. They assured us that their Hilton shuttle was on the way. 15 minutes later (45 minutes total) we cancelled and took the car rental shuttle. Then, our toilet quit working which they fixed promptly. Now, I'm laying in bed and smell something foul. I can only describe it as a dead rodant smell. I've smelt this before as we've encountered dead rodants from time to time under dryers, couches, etc. (Those with doggie doors know.) As I search under my bed for the stinch origin I discover; a pill, some french fries and bed frame broken. I'm still looking for the stinch origin, but alas; It's time for sleep on my broken bed. I have a 5:30 shuttle to catch to the airport. Here's hoping I get to see that elusive shuttle in the morning.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank mnmaher
So Bend, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I am very picky about the hotels I stay at and this hotel gave me no reason for concern at all. It was very clean, the staff was friendly, the décor was modern and it was in a nice area. Although I was only there for an overnight stay before flying out the next day, I would highly recommend this hotel. I will definitely consider staying here again if I come back to Charleston.

Dear Rubyshopaholic,

Your feedback was so encouraging and wonderful to read! Thank you for taking the time to write your review and I will be happy to share this with the hotel team. I hope that you will stay with us in the future if you are ever in the area and I hope that you had a wonderful trip to Charleston.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Hotel is very nice, and had very good service. Breakfast is great, the food was delicious! I did not eat the "buffet", but cooked to order breakfast was very good. Shuttle service was excellent! Great place to stay. Overall my hotel stay was very comfortable and had no issues on my extended stay.

Dear 134terryk,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so glad that our hotel met all of your needs and we would love to have you stay with us in the future. We hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

nice new hotel,convenient location, service was excellent, breakfast was delicious, i should recommend this hotel to everyone. Enjoyed 3 nights stay while doing business in Charleston.Would be back to stay here in future business.

Dear quydn,