“Great Mac'n Cheese”
Review of Nigel's Good Food

Nigel's Good Food
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great Mac'n Cheese”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a lovely dinner with my family at Nigel's. My sister recommended it at the end of our visit with her.

The interior is small, a tour bus was turned away as we ate because there was simply no place to seat them.

The hush puppies were wonderful. My fried scallops and shrimp were great. I didn't like the mashed potatoes, they lacked taste and weren't seasoned, I had to add pepper and I never season food at the table. My sister raved about the pork chops. They were large and looked fabulous. She took a carry out box to take the remaining portion with her. The servings of everything were ample. Although I could have done with a few more hush puppies, did I mention they were great? Wings and chicken dishes that passed our table seemed to be large.

I'll go back to Nigel's next time I'm in North Charleston.

Be aware that there will be a wait to be seated, people were lined up on the sidewalk waiting to get in when we left.

Visited June 2014

Atlanta, Georgia
“Worth the trip from Isle of Palms”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were staying in Isle of Palms and decided to try Nigel's based on some recommendations. It was a bit of a drive ... but SO worth it! The food was fantastic -- everything I put in my mouth was delicious. Geechie wings are a must; the whiskey shrimp is out of this world; the chicken and biscuits (kind of an "inside out" chicken pot pie) was fantastic. We ate at a number of restaurants in and around Charleston and this was my favorite. And to top it off, a meal for 4 adults and 3 kids, with two rounds of beer and wine, came to barely over $100! I can't recommend this place enough -- make the drive!

Rincon, Georgia
“The Geechee Wings made the meal. They stay busy for a good reason.”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This place was packed at 4pm and we soon saw why. The 'Geechee wings were fried perfectly and the sauce was a delicious blend of sweet and spicy. I never eat blue cheese but I did that night because it was sweet without that blue cheese "twang" that I despise. The shrimp soup appetizer was very flavorful and filling also. The Low Country ravioli with collards and bacon was wonderfully balanced and tasty but by that time I was nearly stuffed to the brim. We did find room for the banana pudding and peach crisp which were both freshly prepared with an authentic homemade taste full of fresh bananas and big juicy peaches. They were slammed but the service was great with both a pleasant server and manager taking excellent care of us. Get there early, be hungry and enjoy-we did.

Rincon,GA (near Savannah)
“Go early if you don't want to wait long”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We tried to get into this restaurant Friday night but there was a hour wait. We figured a hour, it must be good. We decided to try again on Saturday and went a little earlier, well, earlier was a little better but still a wait. Crossing our fingers that the wait was worth it, it was worth it. The food was great from beginning to end. The service started out slow but once seated, everyone was very friendly and everything moved along quickly and our bellies got fuller and fuller. Everything was so good, we did not want to stop. This is true southern cooking with all the flavors you would except. The wings were some of the best and they are served with a homemade bleu cheese you would never know was bleu cheese dressing. When we left there was a very long line outside but believe me it is worth the wait. You will not go away hungry or disappointed.

• Visited June 2014
“Good things come in small packages”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Found this little gem while staying in Charleston for a couple days. Was just a couple miles down the road from the hotel. Ended up being one of the best meals I had in Charleston. Great food with a creole/cajun flair! Seafood was great! Red rice was great! Highly recommend stopping by when in town.

• Visited May 2014