“A great way to eat WELL and really CHEAP” 5 of 5 bubbles

Breck's Steakhouse
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since 1961 Breck's Steakhouse has been serving families the biggest and best steaks in the Lowcountry. Come on in and see why locals rave about us and have been coming to us for generations! Try our enormous steaks, burgers, sandwiches, wings or other home-made specialties and desserts. In a rush? No worries! We'll fix all of your favorites to go!
upper state south carolina
“A great way to eat WELL and really CHEAP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

love love love the THICK AS HECK blue cheese dressing! the lunch specials are awesome. a baked potato with everything- fresh bacon not those nasty bacon bits!
the lunch steak was a little on the thin side- like a breakfast steak. but it was cooked perfectly and had great flavor. I just prefer a thicker steak .
I tried the corn chowder that Troy made special because I messaged I would be stopping by. and it WAS SO GOOD! lots of corn flavor, had ham pieces in it and potatoes. the broth was the most amazing thing I've tasted in a long while. I didn't order it because there was no way I could finish the steak special I ordered as it was.

this is a GREAT place to go for a inexpensive tasty lunch! I must return soon!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank MimiC2011

Charleston, South Carolina
“Value Price Family Steakhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Very nice service. Excellent side items. Best blue cheese dressing I have ever had. Reasonable priced steaks for the family budget. Good bang for your buck.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Norfolk, Virginia
“Best Steak and Service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Im a Captain in the US Navy and was recently transferred to Joint Base Charleston. I Was stuck in traffic on rivers avenue and decided to pull in for lunch. I wasn't too impressed about the décor but who cares after enjoying one if the best steaks on earth!!! I was extremely frustrated when arriving at the restaurant due to the traffic but that all went away once I met Joannie. She was so sweet and made me feel at home. I'm not sure what was better... The steak or my waitress!! I'm coming back for sure!

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank Go_Navy1972
Troy D, Owner at Breck's Steakhouse, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Sir,

First, thank you for your service to our great nation and welcome to the Lowcountry!

We certainly appreciate the kind words and feedback. Joni is one of a kind, that's for sure! We count it as a privilege to serve our local military and strive to provide a great value and enjoyable experience.We look forward to seeing you again.

V/R

Troy
MSgt, USAF (ret)
“OK, I guess”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013 via mobile

We caame here on a regular basis for a long time. They closed for some time then reopened. On reopening, prices went up and the quality of the food decreased. We were charged several different prices for drinks - the prices went every here. We are disappointed customers and probably will not return. Getting out of the paarking areaa caan be terrible with the hedge blocking your view of traffic. For what you get the traffic risk is not worth it.

Visited June 2013
Troy D, Owner at Breck's Steakhouse, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Hi! Thanks for your visit and thank you for taking the time to give your feedback.

I took over Brecks from the previous owners who have been friends for many, years in t July of 2012, for a number of reasons we did keep the doors closed for 20 days which did seem WAY too long! Since taking over 14 months ago, our philosophy has been to offer a good meal at a great price...with the sea of national chains in our area, we have to work very hard to compete. In terms of pricing, yes, it was necessary due to the increase of beef (and everything else!) prices which have gone up dramatically. I'lll give you an example, on the menu from Brecks in 1992, our most popular item, the Sirloin for Two (60oz Sirloin with two salads, potatoes and vegetables) was 19.95. Inflation has averaged about 3.4% a year since then so adjusted for inflation, what cost 19.95 then should cost about 37 dollars now. We also compare our prices against other restaurants in the area....and we average a 35% savings on comparable items.

I'm very concerned about being charged different prices for drinks. If the mistake was brought to your servers attention, that should have been corrected on the spot. We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and best service in the area (many of our staff have been at Brecks for over a decade....Ms Betty, who runs our kitchen, has done so for 38 years!) but if we screw up, we will fix it, that is our promise.

I agree with you on the parking lot, we work constantly with the landlord to keep the hedges at a safe level. We have also lobbied the City and State to have a light put it....the reality, that since Brecks moved to that location in 1987, the traffic on RIvers Ave. has grown exponentially!

I hope that you will visit with us again and let us show you that Brecks is still dedicated to the same philosophy that it has been since 1961!

Again,

Thanks for your input!

Troy
South Carolina
“Home Cooking at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Our first visit here. Joanie, the waitress was as sweet as could be in her southern style accent.
I had the ham and bacon club, loaded with meat. My guest had homemade cheeseburger soup with a salad, unlimited servings.
The restaurant is clean, spacious. Nothing fancy, but you are not going to eat the interior!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Troy D, Owner at Breck's Steakhouse, responded to this review, 13 September 2013
Hi Rachel!

Thanks for your visit and feedback! Joni is as Southern as you can get....she keeps us in stitches and we love her to death! Also appreciate the feedback,We always want to know what our guests think!

We try and focus on what we think is important, a great homemade meal at a great value. We agree, we aren't fancy but I like the way you put that....you can't eat fancy!

Thanks again for your visit and your feedback....we look forward to seeing you again!

Troy Dion