“What happened” 2 of 5 bubbles

Breck's Steakhouse
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since 1961 Breck's Steakhouse has been serving families the biggest and best steaks in the Lowcountry. Come on in and see why locals rave about us and have been coming to us for generations! Try our enormous steaks, burgers, sandwiches, wings or other home-made specialties and desserts. In a rush? No worries! We'll fix all of your favorites to go!
Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What happened”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I used to go to brecks years ago and it was great! first time i have been there in years and the food was just awful! I got the seafood platter special, and the stuffed crab was cold like it came out the refrigerator,the fish was under cooked and jelly like inside, the clams were so overcooked you couldn't chew them, it was just nasty. Had to pour the grease off the macaroni before i could try to taste it, worst ever. the waitress was very friendly and atmosphere was good but the food was just gross. very disappointing.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rick M
Troy D, Owner at Breck's Steakhouse, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback! Obviously, I'm disappointed that your meal was not to your satisfaction. Our $5.25 Seafood Platter on the first Friday of every month is one of our most popular lunch specials but we obviously didn't get it right this time and I apologize for that. Had we been aware, my staff and I would have done anything we can, on the spot, to make it right. As a small family business, we strive for much higher standards for our food but when we miss the mark, we make it right. Again, I apologize for missing the mark. I would very much like the opportunity to make this situation right on your next visit. Just ask for me, my name it Troy and I will do whatever I can to not only make up for your last visit but really show you the quality that we are known for.

Thanks for your input!

De Soto, Missouri
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Very friendly staff. Food was good and reasonable. We have ate there twice this week. One day we all had hamburgers and fries. Today we went during happy hour. We had the 35 cent hot wings. They were very good. My wife had spaghetti and a salad. The spaghetti and salad was only $6.95. And she said it was very good. Would definitely go back.

Visited March 2014
Troy D, Owner at Breck's Steakhouse, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad that you enjoyed visiting with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

P.S. I love the Spaghetti as well. Ms Betty has been making sauce for 38 years from Mrs. Breck's recipe, which she won't even share with me!

Thanks!

Summerville, South Carolina
“Like a cafeteria”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Not sure why they serve on cafeteria plates but it really dumbs down the place. Food was not great. Below grade meat. Don't bring a debit/ or credit card. They do not accept, but they have an atm in their lobby.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank eyeamthey
Troy D, Owner at Breck's Steakhouse, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Thanks for taking the time and giving me your input!

The type of service ware that we use are the same types of service ware that Brecks has used for many, many years. We like it because it's one of the ways that we feel helps keep that traditional feel. Now, as far as the type of meat that we use.....we use nothing but fresh, high quality, USDA inspected beef. We receive it fresh daily and we cut it fresh in our kitchens daily. However, if your selection isn't to your liking, that doesn't mean a whole lot but if you bring it to our attention, our staff and I will make it right.

We do accept credit and debit cards....when I took over the restaurant almost two years ago, that was one of the first changes that we made.

Thanks for taking the time to give me your input!

upper state south carolina
“A great way to eat WELL and really CHEAP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

love love love the THICK AS HECK blue cheese dressing! the lunch specials are awesome. a baked potato with everything- fresh bacon not those nasty bacon bits!
the lunch steak was a little on the thin side- like a breakfast steak. but it was cooked perfectly and had great flavor. I just prefer a thicker steak .
I tried the corn chowder that Troy made special because I messaged I would be stopping by. and it WAS SO GOOD! lots of corn flavor, had ham pieces in it and potatoes. the broth was the most amazing thing I've tasted in a long while. I didn't order it because there was no way I could finish the steak special I ordered as it was.

this is a GREAT place to go for a inexpensive tasty lunch! I must return soon!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank MimiC2011
Charleston, South Carolina
“Value Price Family Steakhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Very nice service. Excellent side items. Best blue cheese dressing I have ever had. Reasonable priced steaks for the family budget. Good bang for your buck.

• Visited January 2014