“Con mucho gusto!”

LA Hacienda Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #118 of 348 Restaurants in North Charleston
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Table side guacamole WOW! Do order this if you love guacamole and you will not be disappointed. The Texas Dip and Shrimp Ceviche are made to perfection and were very fresh. Also ordered a pitcher of margaritas and did not leave a drop. This is the best Mexican Restaurant I have been to in the southeast. Viva La Hacienda!

2  Thank Alison R

Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

Unique atmosphere, Food is great, good people, good times. I had a combo of a burrito and quesadilla: not only delicious, it was cheap and very filling! Give it a try

1  Thank Theillusionist2013
Reviewed 18 October 2013

The night we visited was mid week and the restaurant was three quarters empty so not conjusive to a great atmosphere but the food both in quality and quantity made up for this. Reasonably priced cocktails too. Ok, it's not the best Mexican food I've ever had but neither was it the nightmare expressed in some of the reviews. oops wrong planet! Given the pricing and the pretty good service I would definitely go back.
And yes, the chips and salsa are very good...

1  Thank marksw3960
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Stopped at La Hacienda while visiting Charleston SC. We were looking for other restaurants,m but they are all out of business. We were surprised that the storefront turned in to a nice size restaurant.

We were seated immediately. Our drinks were delivered quickly and our order was taken.

My food arrived on the table. All of then sides to my wife;s meal arrived at the same time. However we had to wait about ten (10) minutes for her entree. The manager stopped by and said that he would check immediately. He then walked to the front desk and never came back,

THE GOOD: My wife's entree, chicken fajitas, were very hot, and well prepared. She said the meal was very good.

THE BAD: I ordered a combination plate. It arrived cold. One of the items ordered was a Chile Rellano. What I got was a blob of chili (ground meat) covered with a Verde sauce and cheese. Everything but the cheese was cold.

THE UGLY: I watched a waited deliver a plated meal to a table holding the meal in his left hand while holding a full size broom and dust pan in his right hand.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We ate here after a long road trip to Charleston and we were very surprised at the service and food here. We were seated and served chips and salsa immediately. We got our food within minutes and it was excellent (especially for the price). Huge portions! We still laugh at the total bill - for me, my husband and daugher ($17.00)! It was definitely the cheapest meal while on vacation in Charleston and Hilton Head and one of the best!