“Delicious Dinner with a fabulous wait staff”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ormond Beach
“Delicious Dinner with a fabulous wait staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

While traveling through Charleston, we decided to stop and get dinner. While we have been to other Longhorns this location was our first time. The parking lot looked packed even at 7:30pn on a Wednesday evening. We went in and were greeted by the hostess with a smile and taken to our table. Our server was polite young lady who was gracious and polite to not only us but our children. She spoke to them in a polite kind manner but was not impatient nor did she ignore them as some servers will do at restaurants. She did confirm the meat temperatures with us for the childrens meals.

She refilled our drinks promptly and made sure we had bread in our bread basket at all times. When our meals arrived, one steak was undercooked. Normally steaks are overcooked but this time due to the thickness of the steak. it was simply too much undercooked to eat. So we asked her to have it cooked a bit more and to our pleasure, we were served a totally new steak that appeared timely and cooked properly. This was refreshing as most times you are returned the same steak.

Our server was attentive but never intrusive. The manager stopped by to check on our meals and confirm all was well and was aware of the re cook of the steak. He apologized and offered us a dessert, to which we declined. The issue had been solved and he definitely did not have to make the offer, but the gesture showed that he actually cared about customers.

We will definitely stop here again when in the Charleston area and so recommend.

• Visited August 2013

Zurich, Switzerland
“Great steaks, huge menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Knowing at that Longhorn Steakhouse one gets really awesome steaks I decided to even drive out of Charleston one night. And it was worth it. Even if one is not in the mood for red meat, they have a huge menu to choose from. And most starters are good to share. And they also have a huge wine and beer selection. When eating at Longhorn one can not go wrong!

• Visited July 2013
“This place is my favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

I guess I would consider myself and amateur restaurant and food critic; first of all their steaks are always cooked perfectly. It's like they have a professional chef back in the kitchen. I applaud the cooks. I have been here multiple times and have never had a bad experience. This is my favorite restaurant. Their rice pilaf and steamed vegetables have a kick to them that I love. Although their isn't really a pallete cleanser so I recommend maybe getting a glass of red wine that goes well with steak. Possibly a baked potato. The steak is always tender and cooked to perfection like I have already said. Their green beans are the best I have ever had. I love their desserts the chocolate stampede and their key lime are some I would highly recommend. This restaurant is great.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Josephhitson
Charleston, South Carolina
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

The bread was good as it had a crunchy crust and a taste above other bread at restaurants. I ordered Flo filet medium with steamed vegetables. When the filet came I noticed the outside was very charred so I immediately wondered if they had overcooked it. They did. It was more on the well done side. They offered to cook another one but since it was lunch I did not have the time for them to prepare another one. The filet and the steamed mixed vegetable had the same seasoning on it which was on the spicey side. One would have been enough as there was no difference in the spiciness. You need a difference in taste for your pallet to enjoy the meal. It was like eating the same spice out of the bottle. The filet was very tender but again...the taste was the same as the vegies. For nearly $16 all you received was the bread, filet and one vegetable. With this price they should have served 2 vegies. My companion ordered soup and sandwich was was good for the price of $7.50. Overall I would not go back.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank HopeCattles
North Charleston, South Carolina
“Great Steakhouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

Been here numerous times and never had a bad meal but the service can be a tad slow. It's nice to choose your steak and they offer competiive prices. It's no Ruth Chris but the appeal is the crushed peanuts on the floor and the Texas feeling you get when you walk in the door. Great Bar too. Come on out and have a nice evening with family and friends.

• Visited December 2012