“comfortable, convenient location”

Ranked #37 of 58 Hotels in North Charleston
Llangollen, United Kingdom
“comfortable, convenient location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

Our king room was comfortable, and the staff were friendly and professional. The property is beside Home Depot, Lowes and a shopping mall, down the street from several other stores; 15 minutes from downtown Charleston; just off I-26.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
bhavnarick, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston North, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area! Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me. JoeAnn.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Asheville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Have stayed many nights in different ones and have always had an excellebt room wonderful breakfast and the staff have been super. Only wish they were every where we stop when we are traveling. Stayed in North Carolina last.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Gray Court, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Spent the weekend here with my husband with no kids. The hotel was very nice, clean. We had trouble getting our room key card to work in the begining but the staff was very helpful and quickly moved up to another room. I thought that the breakfast could have been a little better They had the normal pastries, fried eggs (I think), biscuits and gravy.

Balatongyörök, Zala, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We really enjoyed our one-night stay at the hotel. Initial concerns about nearby airport noise, but noise was not a problem, even though we could see the highway in the distance from our window. The staff were great! Tony pointed us to a good seafood restaurant for dinner and Vincent was able to provide directions to a nearby Post Office that was open on Saturday. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the room was well-appointed (refrigerator and microwave were pluses).

Room Tip: We found the king-size bed very comfortable, and it didn't take up as much floor space as two qu...
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room and bathroom was very clean. The breakfast was mediocre. I feel as though the food could have been much better since I have eaten at a different Country Inn and Suites it way better than this one. I enjoyed the pool and the fitness room. I stayed here with my husband for 4 nights and we were about 25 minutes from down town Charleston. This motel is near a lot of great restaurants, a mall, and even a movie theater. I believe we will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Always ask for upper floors. They're always quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
bhavnarick, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston North, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We hope to be of service to you in the future.On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 843-572-0083 Rick
Utica, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Country Inn & Suites had a limited time on-line promo for 25% off, it fit into my plans, and Country Inn & Suites treated me good in New Orleans, so I signed up for 2 nights in Charleston. I thought there was a chance we might get a bummer (you know the old, you get what you pay for rule) but the room was as advertised, a larger room with 2 queen beds, wifi, cable, fridge, it wasn't 2 room suite, but it had a larger area for a desk and chairs between the nearest bed and the window. The bathroom door hit the "bow out" shower curtain and you had to stand uncomfortably close to the stool to close the door behind you. The room was very clean, I'm paranoid about bed bugs, so thee first thing I do is check the mattress and around the bed on the floor with a bright flashlight...it was fine. The air conditioner cooled the room great and had good controls that worked, just like home; it wasn't one of those crappy, noisy window units. Breakfast was very good, I was impressed with the effort shown in preparing the food.
The staff was very friendly, I talked to Matt at length, I wanted to eat where the locals did and he knew just where to go, even had a coupon for an appetizer for us. The property was conveniently located, it was clean, parking was good. We didn't use the pool or work out room.

Room Tip: We had a mid week visit.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
bhavnarick, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston North, responded to this review, 10 September 2013

JoeAnn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

My background is in convention management - over 20 years - so I've been personally responsible for contracting tens of thousands hotel rooms in the U.S. In all those years, only one other time did I encounter roaches at a hotel and that was in Vegas. I decided to select this particular hotel because it was an economical solution for us as we have a child going to college in the Charleston area and we'll be visiting frequently. Bad mistake!

While the hotel appears neat, when there's roaches, you know corners are being cut to keep the property bug-free. THIS IS GROSS... I awoke at 4am to sip a cup of water bedside, and in my blurry state, I thought I saw something dark on the white cup. I grabbed my phone to illuminate the cup and sure enough there was a roach on the lip of the cup - and all I can say is that it was a darn good thing I didn't sip out of it cause I would have gone ballistic!
My husband, very bravely, took the cup into the bathroom and killed the bug, while I called the front desk to complain. The young man offered us a room down the hall and brought up a cart. My family of 4 packed up and left this hotel within 30 minutes -- when there's one roach, there's many. We had driven 12+ hours that day, and at 4am had to call around Charleston to find a room. We lucked out with the Embassy Suites in downtown Charleston - beautiful property!
Live and learn -- I had better not see any charges on my credit card from the Country Inn!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Mary H
Charlestonnorth, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Charleston North, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We discounted your room charge after you check-out. We took an action nextday. Also I will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards.